Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What is beyond the black hole? Any idea? - Minitokyo

What is beyond the black hole? Any idea?

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 93 total items

EarthAngel1

EarthAngel1

Hero's Aren't born their made

Maybe a dimension that you mind creates? just my theory

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

Quote by tobiast88Dissociate? (Why are there so many pseudo-physicists here who rely on fiction and movies?) No. The singularity at the center of a black hole would fatally compress all of one's atoms because of gravitation. End result is the same, death; the physics of it are not, and that is what is really important.

Okay, so maybe I'm applying the wrong knowledge to the wrong place. Yes, it's completely obvious to me that atoms would get compressed. I was talking about when you are falling into a black hole. The only example I know of is a quasar (yes, I know it's only a hypothesis). And I hope you know that the matter in a quasar is at least a plasma. And what is a plasma, folks? That's right, it's a gas with the electrons removed from their respective atoms. My terminology might not be exactly correct, but if that isn't dissociation, I don't know what is.

The reason I say "at least a plasma" is that quasars are the highest-energy sources in the universe. Need I remind anyone what happens when atoms collide at extremely high energies? That's how we get to all those fundamental particles that you see in the Standard Model. I don't know about you, but I'd expect some of that to be going on in a quasar. By the way, I don't pretend to know if this is the right answer. If anyone does, please enlighten me.

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

Quasars ARE NOT black holes. Quasars are high energy stars. They have a huge mass, but nowhere near a black hole's. They are compressed as well (even though it is plasma, it's about a ton per teaspoon), but nowhere near like a black hole. And you will ignite and eventually fly into plasma if you fly into one, whereas with a black hole (if I may remind you) nothing of the sort happens. We were talking about black holes. Therefore you were wrong.

And 4-dimensional objects are incomprehensible to the human mind. I wouldn't say that a black hole is 4-dimensional because that's wrong. Our entire universe is perhaps 4-dimensional, which means cyclical in time, as time is the theorized to be the 4th dimension. However, if our universe is not cyclical, then the 4th dimension is a mystery, because we are "stuck" in one dimensional time: we can only go forward. Simply applying it to a black hole because it bends light is wrong.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

the other end of the rainbow.................

Signature

solidvanz

Silent Mercenary

How about the empty space floating around the universe, waiting to absorb the light matters.

You Get Hand-Gestured!

Aimee1991

Aimee1991

Aimee

i think that there is another parallel universe! or maybe its jus the films ive been watching ^_^

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

Quote by tobiast88Quasars ARE NOT black holes. Quasars are high energy stars. They have a huge mass, but nowhere near a black hole's. They are compressed as well (even though it is plasma, it's about a ton per teaspoon), but nowhere near like a black hole. And you will ignite and eventually fly into plasma if you fly into one, whereas with a black hole (if I may remind you) nothing of the sort happens. We were talking about black holes. Therefore you were wrong.

I'm sorry, you lose. Quasars are black holes. They are not stars. They are black holes surrounded by an accretion disk of high-energy matter that is falling inside.

Stop trying to sound like a physicist when it's obvious you aren't one. Come back after you've taken some upper division astrophysics. Maybe then you can tell me what's going on in the universe (or try).

Quote by alexjohnc3
Don't use Wikipedia as a source of information, very bad idea.

Please don't hate. Wikipedians are doing their best to maintain the single greatest source of knowledge anywhere, while needlessly and overly cynical netizens keep trying to undermine it--without bothering to improve it themselves, I might add.

As a semi-active Wikipedian myself, I'll be the first to admit that I've seen my share of garbage on that site. However, unless you are unlucky and happen to visit it right after it was hit by some vandalism or faulty editing, you won't see that on a high-traffic article like that on black holes. Furthermore, the black hole article is 'Featured': this means it is one of the best articles on the site.

You'll never catch me using Wikipedia as a source for school, and just like site founder Jimbo Wales, I have no sympathy for those who do and end up getting bad grades for it--it's plainly stupid to use a freely-editable encyclopedia as a source for things that your grade--or degree--depends on.

But as a quick, not-entirely-formal source for general information, it can't be beat. If you can't agree with that, you must have some sort of superiority complex.

mukumuku, I commend you for having the will to, after reading replies, research this yourself. Too few forum members do that, I've noticed. You may have bad grades in science classes, but you appear to be showing an interest--this is exactly what I want to see more of.

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

black hole? thats a very good question. One thing ill tell you about this though. I never want to find out. It well its an anomaly. Basically, mass cannot just disappear into nothingness. It will have to be either transformed or be placed somewhere else. Same thing goes for energy. i dont want to know what happens to my dvds in black hole.

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

Quote by BobaFett2ha

Quote by alexjohnc3Don't use Wikipedia as a source of information, very bad idea.

*unnecessarily long text here*

Or maybe you're making stupid assumptions because of your superiority complex? All I said is that Wikipedia shouldn't be used as a source of information, you want to use the sources of the information on Wikipedia.

I've had experience that you haven't had so don't judge unless you want to go on Wikipedia and find out.

undeadsymphony

undeadsymphony

anti-human

to all you ignorant butt wipes.. (self censorship ;) )
i actually READ a PHYSICS book about how black holes might lead to an alternate universe.. however in this ininstance they were discussing how it might be a universe composed entirely of antimatter (which, if you know anything about antimatter, doesn't react very nicely with OUR kind of matter)
and also the theory of the "white holes" and such.
but unfortunatly, even if it were true, there would be no way to physically test it

Signature Image
music of the spiritually dead; the eternally restless.

wut's beyond black hole? = emptyness?

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

uranus - u asked for it.. .^__^

-repeat-

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

Quote by alexjohnc3

Quote by BobaFett2ha

Quote by alexjohnc3Don't use Wikipedia as a source of information, very bad idea.

*unnecessarily long text here*

Or maybe you're making stupid assumptions because of your superiority complex? All I said is that Wikipedia shouldn't be used as a source of information, you want to use the sources of the information on Wikipedia.

I've had experience that you haven't had so don't judge unless you want to go on Wikipedia and find out.

*sigh* all right, so you're on Wikipedia also. I'm surprised at your pessimism about it--why would you work on something you don't want anyone to use? (rhetorical question: do not answer)--but that's besides the point, and it doesn't matter.

First of all, I appreciate you advising the members not to take WP too seriously.

However, I am of the opinion that if you use it for general knowledge that you are not going to use to write a paper, it's perfectly fine. And yes, I agree that you should pay extra attention to the sources at the bottom of the article.

mukumuku here didn't even cite anything he/she read on this thread, so I don't see anything wrong with looking at that site in this case.

As for my supposed superiority complex...as a Wikipedian, you should know better than anyone that the site is founded on the belief in collective intelligence, not individual "superiority". I don't think I need to say anymore. It's hard not to think you're just throwing around the term "superiority complex" because it "sounds cool", when you have such an obvious one yourself (i.e., I never claimed you did anything "stupid").

Anyway, it's obvious the two of us have a simple difference of opinion on this small matter, and no amount of debate will change that. I don't care either way. This is off topic. End of discussion. Do not reply.

Quote by undeadsymphonyi actually READ a PHYSICS book about how black holes might lead to an alternate universe.. however in this ininstance they were discussing how it might be a universe composed entirely of antimatter (which, if you know anything about antimatter, doesn't react very nicely with OUR kind of matter)
and also the theory of the "white holes" and such.

What a coincidence, I read a physics paper once that said that gravity was an illusion created by those of us who eat meat, and that it was slowly crushing our minds inside our heads. It was in a physics paper, it MUST be true, right?

merged: 10-16-2006 ~ 05:49pm

Quote by sukumeiBasically, mass cannot just disappear into nothingness. It will have to be either transformed or be placed somewhere else. Same thing goes for energy. i dont want to know what happens to my dvds in black hole.

The matter isn't disappearing. Black holes are points of extremely high density and mass, and have a gravitational pull so high that even light cannot escape. Any matter that happens to get pulled in doesn't disappear, it's crushed. Atoms are almost completely empty space, so in graviational fields of that magnitude they simply get crushed to a fraction of their original size.

Quote by chaossnakehmm, perhaps heaven? hell? another dimension or an altrenet universe. then again i could just be more of the universe.

The term Black Hole is not meant literally, at the centre of a black hole is a singularity, a point of space where gravity and space curve infinitely. There is no hole, no tunnel or portal to somewhere else. Just gravity. Lots of it, enough to tear molecules apart and break matter down to its constituent atoms.

Of course you may be thinking of a wormhole which, if you could generate in enough size and stability, you *could* pass through.

?

Ganjamus

Ganjamus

Insanity's Asylum

I KNOW! BOHS EINSTEIN!

merged: 11-13-2006 ~ 07:27am
LOOK IT UP!

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines
^ In rememberance of the great siggy Milkiyo made me...

Bee69

Bee69

Bee-GFX

gurls galore!

melikecookies

melikecookies

cookie monster

all the stuff that it sucked up?

Hi

Quote by GanjamusI KNOW! BOHS EINSTEIN!

What are you talking about?

Here is something I read from another forum, on a similar topic:

If I recall my course on relativity correctly, very little will change (from your perspective) when you enter a black hole. Entering a black hole isn't like going to a particular place, it's like walking into a garden maze where you can't ever go backwards, and no one else can see what's happening inside. Because you can never retrace your steps, you inevitably end up at the centre of the maze with everyone else. But, once you're at the center of the maze, you can't go anywhere.

From the perspective of someone outside the maze, you cease to exist once you enter the maze because you disappear inside it and never come out. No matter inside a black hole is visible to observers outside it because nothing, even light, can ever come out once it goes in. So, when an object enters the black hole it effectively disappears, since no communication can travel faster than the speed of light, and even light can't travel "fast enough" to escape the black hole. A more scientifically correct way of saying this is that there's simply no path that light can take from the object inside the black hole to any observer outside. However, if the observer decides to follow the object into the black hole, it is theoretically possible that he could see the object again. This is analogous to following someone into the maze and overtaking him before he gets to the centre.

So, even though people outside the black hole can't see things inside the black hole, an observer inside the black hole can still see things normally outside the black hole. All it requires is for some light to reflect off something outside the black hole and subsequently get sucked into the black hole and overtake the observer.

So, life continues even inside a black hole. But, life goes on, and there's only one place it can go: the singularity at the centre of the black hole.

And, just like the centre of the maze, once you get to the centre, there's nowhere else to go. In physical terms, the effect of this is that time simply "stops". Depending on your point of this view, this could mean that time no longer exists (get your head around that! Just try!), it could mean that you co-exist with every object that has ever entered the black hole before you, or it could mean that you've simply ceased to exist.

Oddly, once you reach the singularlity, you would conceivably hold onto your past, but, because time has stopped, there would be no future, and thus you would never encounter objects that entered the black hole after you. Your friend who followed you into the maze would be able to meet you at the centre, but you'd never see him arrive.

Quoted from username Devonavar of SPCR community

not sure if this is mentioned... but its rather tedious to go through every post here >.<

well... i was thinking.. if black holes compress everything into a singularity... didn't our universe spring from this "supposed" singularity also? could it be that new universes emerge from black holes?

haha, sorry... just a weird thought.

I think that the black hole is like a Recycle Bin ...you get in as a human with his spaceship and you get out as star dust or something ...or maybe nothing/nada/zip :nya:

Even the scientists are not sure what exactly it is and what it does. They just assume based on their weird measurements and calculations lol. The black hole is so dense/heavy/pure black... that is like a SOOO powerful magnet that it "traps" even the light ...it literally bends the light towards it and if the light is close enough it gets "swallowed" ...what happens beyond that no one knows

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Quote by starfixxxer I think that the black hole is like a Recycle Bin ...you get in as a human with his spaceship and you get out as star dust or something ...or maybe nothing/nada/zip :nya:

You don't "get out" of a black hole. That's the entire point.

Quote by starfixxxerEven the scientists are not sure what exactly it is and what it does. They just assume based on their weird measurements and calculations lol. The black hole is so dense/heavy/pure black

Actually, density doesn't have as much to do with a black hole as many people think. The largest of black holes, the Supermassive Blackholes (such as that at the center of the Sombrero Galaxy), can be so huge and have enough mass that they can still exert enough gravity to prevent light from escaping. Only the smaller black holes are super dense, as their size increases their density generally (to the best of my knowledge) decreases.

Nubes

Nubes

Blah blah blah!!!

For me there's another galaxy in black holes.... althought, those things really scare the sh!t outta me, becuz of what pple say, or the comics says, or the cartoons says...

but whatever, thats my opinion

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 93 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.