Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MSN Live, a big mess? - Minitokyo

MSN Live, a big mess?

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

I upgraded recently to MSN Live, mainly because I wanted it to stop bothering me to update. And I heard you can talk with Yahoo users, I know some that use Yahoo messenger. First thing I notice is all the icons everywhere! The fact I also see contacts I removed from my list previously ... I don't understand why that's there, never happened in previous versions.

I know this isn't all that new, I'm pretty slow at upgrading sometimes. Newer doesn't always mean better ... There's just so many features I won't use, I wish there was like a lighter version. I don't even use the msn spaces. I will say though, the offline messages is a good thing, wonder why it took them so long to do that.

What do you guys think of MSN Live?

I tried it.... it's okay, but I think I liked old hotmail better.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

Quote by DarthTofuI tried it.... it's okay, but I think I liked old hotmail better.

Hotmail was never a instant message program that I've been aware of. I don't personally have a preference as to what I use, my only qualm is...everyone always uses something different. Seems to me the majority of MT users I've noticed use MSN. I used to use ICQ, but friends on there seemed to disappear, so I eventually went to Yahoo as I knew more people on there. Now I seem to know my fair share of users on MSN and Yahoo, so with this merger of sorts between the 2, seems you can have the best of both worlds.

I look forward in the future being able to file share between the 2 services as of right now you can not.

But you knew all that already :) hehe

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

Sending people messages when they're not online FOR THE WIN.

Seriously, it might have its faults, but older versions have nothing on msn live.

Signature

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I like the interface. It overall looks more transparent/ cleaner and I like the offline messages feature.

The only thing that I really hate is the "ad space" at the bottom. Previously they were at most some really annoying dating services/ "Check out who's waiting to meet you ;)" ads- but now there are these msn videos. That's not that bad either, but one day I saw this guy with popping eyeballs! It only disturbed me because it wasn't really "safe" to me in the respect that many children use MSN and I found it quite... ugly. News is one thing, but I don't really like that space u_u
I think that finding a patch to get rid of the area would be excellent :3

As for the "non instant messaging contacts" showing all the people you have removed and such, I like it in the respect you can keep track of who you've given the thumbs down to, but at the same time I didn't want to be reminded that I removed XXX because XXX wasn't a very good friend T_T

Enough of ranting :P Overall I like it, still :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

nolove

nolove

better forget me ...

i truly dont have much problem using MSN since most my friends are in yahoo ^_^ so i've never del any of my contact...i have no idea about the problem you got >_<

as for me, love the new feature of MSN, the offline mess is amazing XD. before the new live version, i'd like to use yahoo since i mostly cannot onl at the same time with my friends so it's easier to send them an off mess but MSN has never had that XD

i also never see the adz on MSN, actually i dont like chatting so i hardly come to yahoo or msn or icq ... once a week or so and just to check for messages or when i wanna send something to my friends XD

all in all XD , love this new version yay XD

-: BE-DEATH-MEMORIES :-

Its a case of taking the good with the bad. Overall it has some feature better than what came before it, but it also forces some stuff upon you that you probably don't want.

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

Yeah. Indeed I like the old hotmail.

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

NOOOO! MSN LIVE IS T3H ROXORZZZ!11

*ahem* I use it just for the sake of keeping up with latest stuff lol

EldaLacus92

EldaLacus92

Elda^Lacus

I like the newest MSN ... Though I suppose that's a preference question... But I never really had those problems that you said you have.... I guess it just got messed up while upgrading so you need to sort it completely again :\ It's not so bad after you've settled down and know how is it the easiest way using the program ^_^' I suppose...

Because we are we and nobody else. For who we are we live for it.

It seems to be slower than usual...but I guess you have to upgrade anyways you know?

I assume we're talking about MSN Live Messenger in here, not the Microsoft Live suite that was released. I've been using the messaging client since I first started getting bothered to update, and all in all it gets the job done. It's still riddled with annoying wastes of space like flash 'smileys' and nudging and all those silly things that keep the 13 year olds happy but it gets the job done. It's about as quick and stable as I expected and it doesn't get any more in your face than previous versions of MSN Messenger.

Mordin

Mordin

The Wise One

Just revert back to the old version will fix those problems, I rarely bothers with upgrade, more function doesn't usually mean better.

Signature
Thank you einna for the siggy :)

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

Quote by MordinJust revert back to the old version will fix those problems, I rarely bothers with upgrade, more function doesn't usually mean better.

Normally I would, but there are some features I can't pass up.

Also the messages not being sent seem to be more functional now.

I just find it a very chunky program, especially when I'm always multi-tasking.

MSN Live is okay. But if you find the appropriate add-ons like Messenger PLUS. It's great. I'm not sure whether it's legal to use it though =/

well, for starters the graphics for msn live is much better although I have to agree that some of the contacts I block appeared there and it may be a new feature but this feature sucks. Other than that, the other features are pretty good except for those ads but they already have it in the previous versions.

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.