Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How do you treat your manga? - Minitokyo

How do you treat your manga?

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 80 total items

I searched through a lot of pages to make sure this topic hasn't been said. If it has, sorry X-O

How do you treat your purchased manga? I simply love my mangas and treat them really well. So far I have about $300 worth of manga, so I try to keep them in perfect condition. (If I didnt, i'll be like $300 down the drain -.=) I line them on shelves, or they go on the ground when I'm reading it. With ones I don't read anymore, I just wrap them up. xD

Signature
	Image Join Free Wallers! Free--Wallers

I am a member of COLOFULL WALLIES!

I've spent so much money on manga I HAVE to keep them in perfect condition @__@ I've got a collection of 252 manga how much I've spent I don't know because I've had friends who bought me manga and I also buy tons of manga at AWA each year (convention in the atl, happens once a year this year I bought 18 manga there..mainly 'cuz I couldn't hold anymore) that are usually at a discounted price.

Yah I don't really like letting people barrow my manga 'cuz that's how they get scratches and crap on them in the first place but I let my friends barrow them anyways since i'm such a nice person > -. Actually I'm missing 3 manga right now 'cuz I let my friend barrow it and she brought it back to me at AWA but I gave it back to her 'cuz I had so much stuff to carry. After that no one remembers what happened ;-; nuu my Hot Gimmick 12 (that I haven't read yet *twitch*) and Hana-Kimi 6 & 7! I don't want to buy them again TT TT'' that's $30 blah. Yah i've gone off topic, happy birthday :3.

InuYashaspal4ever

InuYashaspal4ever

AsuCaga lover!

My Mangas are in perfect condition...seriously, if I sold them to you now, you'd think they haven't even been opened yet! No spills scratches stains...nothin'. Only 2 of my friends like Manga/Anime and only they have borrowed my Mangas but I trust them with my stuff ^^
Well, actually, I treat ALL my stuff like that, not just Manga's so...it ain't so hard to keep them nice and new.

i keep all of my stuff in good condition

Gabriele

Gabriele

It's just me

I have spend a lot of money on manga, where I come form the probably don't cost as much as in Europe or the US, but I still take good care of them. When they get torn or wet I feel upset.
I remember when my dog tore one or two of my manga I couldn't stop crying, the worse thing is if was my favorite T_T

Signature

like i treat my toilet paper: carefully considered when buying, gently when using, and neatly put away when finished.

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

No, I haven't seen this topic ever, so I think you're quite safe. :)

Well, manga isn't cheap if you buy a whole serie ... For one, I keep mine in order on my shelf. I never put them in a bag where the cover can get bent or something. Always be careful when transporting. I haven't bought as much manga as you, but it would be a shame to have mangled manga hanging around. I try not to bend the books too, to keep the spine in tact. Gosh, looking at the other posts people seem to take care of theirs aswell. Although, I keep all my books in good condition, except for novels xD Who cares about those?

Quote by GabrieleI remember when my dog tore one or two of my manga I couldn't stop crying, the worse thing is if was my favorite T_T

Wow, good thing I don't have a dog. I feel for yah though.

Mmm i've got about 105 manga worth about um 1050 somthing dollars. Four years worth of collecting so yes i treat them really well because they are my life XD. I love my manga books and shall even have them burried with me when i die! lol.

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

Since I bought them with my own money, I try to keep them in a good condition. I don't want any pages torn out.

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

Well, my bro usually buys his manga and when he reads a chapter and puts it away, he just dumps it on the floor near him on that page he was on...
Now me, I use something called bookmarks, so they are in good condition, and dont loose the page I'm on.

Oh, and since I don't eat/drink while I read, I don't make marks on them either. :D Yes, my manga is something I'm proud of.

EarthAngel1

EarthAngel1

Hero's Aren't born their made

I try to to take care them as best i can but it seems like time will do a job on my book reguardless of how i try to take care them. ~_~

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

I treat my manga with the utmost care and attention. seriously, if a page gets bent, I freak, cuz I like my manga to look as pristine and brand-new as possible ^_^'

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

I treat them with as much respect as I do with a person; after all, think of how much paper and ink and creative work went into the production, and the editing from Japanese to my native language. I once had an aquaintance who just shoved whatever I lent her into her backpack, and got it back several weeks later, cover and copyright/misc. information ripped off, and poorly taped back together with masking tape; from the same person, I recieved a different series back with arbitrary food crumbs lining the inside spine, and pages about to fall out (granted, the binding was old, anyway, but you get my point, right?). The pages were also dogeared/folded in random places, and left that way. It's been about a year, and she still hasn't returned volume three of CardCaptor Sakura.

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

Haha!of corse i will treat it with care...make sure they are in good condition

I try to keep my manga in as good a condition as possible. No cracking the spine, folding pages, etc. Wash my hand before touching them, too :D Have at least US$600 worth of purchased manga.

I just keep them in a cupboard where they will not collect dust and when i read, i try not to have any creases on the cover and such. Thats about it i think.....

cassandraronald

cassandraronald

..+Arashi Arashi for dream+..

I treat my manga with utmost care and attention

DarkValkerie

DarkValkerie

aka Spirit~

seeing how much I spend on stuff like manga and other goods, its really annoying when someone borrows it and immedialy bends the cover or something that messes up the book in some way. I mean, its like $20 a book here, and seeing how i spent an unbelievable amount of money on goods, its hard to not try to keep them safe and free from creases, stains, etc...

Signature Image

natsume44

natsume44

Yamapi Fangirl

I'm really protective of my manga, especially since I started letting people borrow some, and they sometimes return them with the covers a little ragged or ripped. At first I just fixed them with scotch tape, which worked for awhile. However, a few months ago, I started buying clear contact paper to cover them with. It works really well, especially if you can get it on nice and flat with no air bubbles poking out. :)

Strawberry444

Strawberry444

~ The HYPER and Insane one ~

XD Yep. I don't loan my mangas out that often. I take VERY good care of them. They're on the shelf on my computer desk so...manga madness! Heck, I even dust and polish the mangas. XD

...Funga-fufu!!! - Yoh Asakura

I have then in an altar, I worship them every nigth :)

I like to keep my manga as pristine as possible, although I have realized that they can take much more abuse than you would think.

I've managed to sleep with manga under my pillow and in my bedsheets (don't ask). I carry them around in my backpack. I've accidently dropped them from somewhat high places a few times.

Despite all this they still manage to be in great condition. The covers don't even wrinkle.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

I like to put them in a shredder and make million of small pieces with them. XP

Actually I keep them as mint as possible.

Signature

wraith11

wraith11

The Alfa Bloke

I try and keep 'em in as good-a-condition as possible; not easy when I treat them as general reading, which means lugging them back and forward from Uni along with my note-book, sketch pad, food, texts, pencil cases (yes, plural) and the like. Late? sometimes I just have to stuff them in the bag and run. One went on Biv with me as well (Manning the CP - Ultra dull) and it came back alright. What gets me is when mates return them with stains, rips and tears.

Actually, the stand up to abuse pretty well. None have gone through a torture test like my Ice Station novel (5 weeks of school camp, two storms with no shelter, 3 weeks in Eastern Europe, about 6 seperate bases, over 30 people having read it and about to do another tour with me for my next overseas trip). Don't really intend to try it either.

Wraith 11

Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV - Heaven on a transaxel
http://wraith11.deviantart.com/

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 80 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.