Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Atlantis? Believe or not - Minitokyo

Atlantis? Believe or not

do you believe in atlantis?

i believe
55 votes
i don't
21 votes
can really say...
20 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 107 total items

You think than Nowadays don't exist data about it

I've always believed in Atlantis its known through out the world in so many different ways... Its just like dragons many different ancient cultures have storys of dragons and during those times there was no way of communitcateing with eachother so just like that I believe Atlantis existed at one point....

LVman

Awesome

they say USOs have a link with it and I can't disagree.

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

I do remember somethin' about someone usin' the Atlantis story to dig up a previously undiscovered city in South America... in Peru, methinks.

Very coincidental, it seems - almost all the details on those ruins fit Plato's description to a T.

Yes :pacman:

kuzuryume

kuzuryume

~~Daughter Of The Wind~~

I believe Atlantis reallly existed. The sea is a huge place and we haven't explored it all. In recent years archeologists have found ruins of cities/kingdoms they thought were only legend but ended up being real (example: the lost city found underwater in the Gulf of Cambay).
It is also believed that in the lost library of Alexandria were many documents that were from Atlantis.

Someday someone will find by chance any evidence that Atlantis existed (as when a shepherd found by chance the Dead Sea scrolls in Qumran back in 1947)... and that will change our history.

...and remember, your dreams are the wings that will help you fly ~m^_^m~

It seems to me that Atlantis could be a legend that stems from legends that may have come form cities during the pre-deluge period outlined by the Bible. According to the Bible, people lived for extremely long periods of time; which would explain the building of elaberate cities. Also, Atlantis sank, and as the Bible points out, the floodgates opened and even the highest mountain top was submerged in water. When the waters receded, the cities were crush under the strain of being pulled bellow the Earths crust. And considering that there are many distortions in paegan belief systems about the pre/post-flood era, Atlantis could have been a city or cities that may have actually existed.

Yeah, why not...

everything is possible.

i believe atlantis is out there for us to discover

I have heard many myths and legends that all refer to a floating city. Some of these say the city was a continent and others that it was just a large island and all refer to it being highly advanced. A lot of which do refer to crystal power sources. And if you think on that it could of meant a highly advanced solar power deal since the crystal they speak of could of been a solar lens of some kind. And there are some that speak of the crystal using power of the sun. There there are numerous other legends that speak on different things.

I personally believe there could be a place called Atlantis out there and it is just waiting to be discovered. There is also legends from all over that speak of a city that floated in the air, vampires, lycans, and UFO's and all like those of a floating city have similar parts and these be of places that had no contact with each other.

i believe atlantis is just myth, same like UFO or bigfoot.
human love create imagination story :)

I don't believe it much but I believe the said continent is located somewhere Pacific ocean and I believe they really look identical to humans and a very advanced technology. I learn from some articles I saw a humor that they have some kind of prism that change the light from a healing light to a destructive light, a toilet bowl made of stone and it has a feature of modern lavatory nowdays, maybe there was a so called tree of knowledge on that continent that makes then so intelligent and others. Isn't that cool if they exist today? what if they exist nowdays? maybe we are now trading to other planets and we have awesome gadgets like star wars era or something.

There are MANY SUNKEN CITIES. One of them is MAYAN. Those ruins have beeen identified between the Yucatan Peninsula, in Mexico, and the island of Cuba. That's a very deep area called the Yucatan Channel

So, here goes the story:

Thre's in Yucatan a famous Franciscan convent built over the base of what once was a gigantic piramid. That base is so vast that the convent, the church and a very spacious atrium. The ancient mayan city was called Itzmal. Today is a colonial cute city called Izamal.

Legend says that a lot people, leaded by a man called Itzamna, came from the sea, from the east, from a land that was devastated and sunk. They didn't make war, they mixed with the yucatecan maya people.

That's because Itzamna was a wise man that taugth crafts and techniques. He could heal with his hands. When he died, in the city he founded his rigth hand was buried under a piramid in the west, the left under another piramid to the east, his head to the north, the rest of his body to the south. The piramid of the rigth hand was visited by the ill to be healed.

Today only two remain. One is under the convent. The underwater ruins were discovered a few years ago, despite the damage and erosion their disposition resembled somehow a mesoamerican culture.

The cuban intended to lookfor oil in the ruins with Russian technology. I don't know if they did.

However, is not the only one. The Mediterranean and the Dead sea have their ruins too.

well i think that atlantis may be true
cos there's such a big water area between africa and the south east asia
and australia and the america [if i didn't remember wrongly]

so maybe atlantis may be there
hahaz. ...

aliens with advance technology >>>> this i don't believe

it sure must be a very low land to be submerged

. . . (nothing have to say -_-")

Signature
~~~~~~~~~~~~miawwwwwwwww??????~~~~~~~~~~~~

I only believe of what I see, so I can't beleive in Atlantis and there nothing to prove, it's only a legend.

si esto podria ser una hipotesis mas que concordaria con la otras como las piramides. podria ser una fantasia propia de la humanidad aunq aun no lo sabemos pues en esos temas siempre cabe la duda...de sera o no sera..

LenfestAndrewP

LenfestAndrewP

Technician

Everything comes from somewhere. This includes rumors. So even the most elaborate rumor usually has some fact behind it. Likewise, even the most far fetched science fiction tends to have something real there to inspire it.

In other words, most likely some part of the history of atlantis is true. Everything els could just as easily happen latter.

Signature Image

Yup it exists but it was swallowed by the waves or was actually just renamed by the locals or something.

Retroviolet

Retroviolet

As retro as... something :/

I'm not sure. But I think it exists

Pikachu is the shiz :D

petiteantoinette

petiteantoinette

kaori yuki fan

i don't know...i love reading books with adventures in Atlantis, but i don't know if it really existed (i don't care actually). Why no one ever found any trace of this civilization? Where exactly could it be?

This a subject that makes me veeeeery curious!

There actually is enough real scientific information about the ancient world available to us to solve the mystery of Atlantis - so that's what I've done in this 8 minute video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cvT44vbkhA

I used to not believe, but after watching a documentary about Atlantis being a los culture on South Amrica.... well that make sense! Here are some theory points:
1) It was in the other side of the atlantic ocean... so south america.
2) Lemuria, the equivalent atlantis for Asia, was in the other side of the pacific...so is, south america.
3) there are some artifacts and constructions of an ancient and very advanced culture in south america, and nowadays nobody knows much about them (they used metals that Europeans didn't use until XVIII centuary!)
4) There are legends on south america of a potion of the continent that sunk in the ocean (and there proofs that indeed it sank! Pascua Island is part of it)
And so on..you can find this theory looking for Jim Allen.

merged: 11-04-2009 ~ 09:08pm
Ahhh i forgot! There is a place in South America that resembles the topography describe by Platon, besides that, well we have to keep the eyes and feet on reality, it was a very advance civilization that has a natural dissater finished them... not magical creatures or something beyond, just plain humans, smart and advanced... with bad luck.

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 107 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.