Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What will the world be now if there were never any World War? - Minitokyo

What will the world be now if there were never any World War?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

mukumuku

mukumuku

I am me

I was cleaning my room and I saw my old history book that I learn before. It was about painful world war 1. Then I start to wonder what happen if there was never any world war?

My opinion:
1) Hitler could not have created world war 2 if there is no world war 1.
2) Britain and USA will not be like what they are today.
3) No Anime T_T
4) Girls and women might still be like wearing those puffy heavy dresses (cant' wear jeans) and stay at home and do housework. T_T
5) People might still not understand that having war is a very sad thing

so what do you people think will happen if there were no world war before?

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

we'll have twice as many people. the only good thing about wars is they lessen the population. and i doubt that even without the war that US and Britain won't be as great. Britain was already a world power even before World War I as they were the best sea-faring nation after they defeated Spain's Armada. And the US was advancing pretty well before World War I. and i probably agree you about anime. if Japan didn't lose the Second World War, we'll have another North Korea.

Signature

solidvanz

Silent Mercenary

If the World War never happen in this world, the computer and Internet will not exists. The games about World War 1 & 2 only just a dream for gamers' fandom. The important thing is we will not see the advanced military technologies nowadays like fighter jets, heavy tanks and battleships! I'm also agree with you about anime. Man, the world will become lonely without the greatest history of world war!

You Get Hand-Gestured!

All those colonial empires that European nations built before World War I would still exist. This is cool if you want to live in the Dutch East Indies, French Equitorial Africa or the Belgian Congo, but others might prefer independent countries.

Of course, "world war" is an expansive term, and World War I wasn't the first world war. There were others before. The American Revolutionary War grew into a world war, for instance.

Quote: Britain and USA will not be like what they are today.

You'll have to expand on this. If you mean them being oh-so mean people who invade other people's land, they were like that before the world wars. How do you think the British Empire came to encompass 2/5 of the world's land area by 1914?

drastikhate

drastikhate

Plead Insanity

1) It would become so over-populated that peace in a country may not be insured.

2) My history book would probably be much thinner and easier to study for exams

DarkLion700

Muay Thai Fighter

I hate to say it but in someways war can be a good thing. nothing brings people together like adversity or a common enemy or goal. it's a shame that war is really one of the only things that can bring out the worst and best in humanity.

Perhaps we'd be like 50 years ago in technology, but that would be better that what really happened: dead of thousands, concentration camps, devastation of cities, not to mention the systematical elimination of Jews and Gypsies
Israel would never had been created, or would have been created in other way. War always brings war. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against Jews nor Palestines, but Middle East would be more peacefull, perhaps.
There wouldn't be the ideological support for neonazims, nor other genetic-cleansing movements that moved atrocities like those that happened in the ex-Yugoslavia
The atrocity of Hiroshima would have never happened, neither. But also, as painful or cruel as it may sound, perhaps Japan wouldn't be what it is today.
Perhaps the cold war would had been another thing.

pentsive

pentsive

Rawr

If the two WW never happend... there would be many changes today i guess. The nuclear age for one would have started much later than usual, since the A-Bomb of Hiroshima would have never happend. The population would be MUCH higher than it is. It sounds wrong but without all those people dying, we'd have more people. There would be no conflict between the US and Russia over communism and there might not have been a Vietnam war or anything like that. A lot of things would not have happend, but who knows what migt have happend if there was not a war.

Down it Down!

I think that modern thecnology wouldnt be as high-tech as it is today

1)we'll not explorated the moon and the space outer
2)No internet
3)No conserved food
4)No planes
5)No cinema
6)Much population than today

If there was no World War II (for instance), there would not be a rise of the MIC (Military Industrial Complex) within the United States of America. I realised that former president Dwiight Eisenhauer, Supreme Commander of Allied Forces in Europe coined the acroymn "MIC" in the late 1950"s. The marraige of convinence between the military and big business to make $$$$$$. Wars often do that and some one stands to profit at the expense of others folk .

Quote by PrairieDogGuy2006If there was no World War II (for instance), there would not be a rise of the MIC (Military Industrial Complex) within the United States of America.

It wouldn't?

I direct you to a book called War is a Racket, written by one Major General Smedley Butler, USMC, in 1935. The Military Industrial Congressional Complex (which is what President Eisenhower called it originally, cutting Congress out in the name of politics) was already entrenched before World War II.

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

without war, we'd have a near-utopia. it would be perfect. knowing how humanity is, though, someone would screw it up.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

A world war of some kind would still occur due to...
A war between any two crountries in Europe that would eventually involve the allies of the two warring parties (much like how WWI turned out anyway!) or
The clash between Communists and Capitalists!

Signature
	Image[/img]

Honestly, war is a necessity, the world's population depends on it, if there were no war there would be no advances in technology becasue there is no desire to be better than the other. The threat of war promotes patriotism and nationalism within each country. It also promotes the survival of the fittest, if you are not fit to survive then you do not deserve to.

We would be heaven if there was no world wars. Or Utopia. And knowing that, yes somone would screw it up or just humanity itself would.

Why? Because Humanity needs violence, destruction, rape. murder, wars. We actualy crave for it. Some, may not think so, however you cant have the good without the bad. Its just how we are.

Quote by mukumuku
5) People might still not understand that having war is a very sad thing

And that'll be why the war would still occur in the end :). Knowing about the darkside of wars brakes our temptation to have it, even for once more.

The colonial powers would probably still be the dominant force of the planet, and nations of South-east Asia would still be under their control. The Soviet Union may not be formed as the first World War was one reason the Tsar was overthrown. Germany would have continued to expand its empire and go on to become a major world power. Israel would not have been formed and there would be vastly more Jews, homosexuals and Roma (gypsies) since the Holocaust would never have occured.Racial and gender equality would never have been promoted. Personally i think that the world would be far worse off than it is today.

Enternal

Enternal

Wirbelwind

Hehe, it would be sooo different. First, Japan would never have the very high economic power they have today and we would not really have anime or manga as much. Also, the U.S. would be totally different because ideals would change because of the peace and we would also not have the baby boom age where morals are not very good. However, we would also not have more woman rights because during WW II, the woman worked really hard in the factories since there were not many men to work in the factories since they are all in the war. Also Civil Rights would not progress as much today although the incident with Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott might still occurs. Britain would also be quite different and China might become a communist country because USA might have helped the president of China during this time rather than not helping him and letting the revolt in China overtake the country. Personally, I like how it is right now and I would not want anything to change although wars is bad but it is now the past and what happened already happened.

Signature
Fav. Chara: Azmaria (ChrnoC.), Tomoyo (TRC&CCS), Vanilla & Chitose (G.A.),
Alice (Aria), Daisuke | Hiwatari | Riku | Risa (D.N.Angel), More..

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

~:. LioNe$s .:~

i think there would have been smaller wars...women would never accept to live wearing dresses for the rest of their lives, althought i wish i could wear one to see how it feels..lols...and women's rights, the great depression...even if there was no world war i am sure there will be wars, just like now...no world war yet, but people are kicking a****..

Signature Image
FaMiLy MeAn$ NoBoDy GeTs LefT BeHinD 0r ... FoRgoTTen ... ^^

if a world war never happend the world would a bit better (my opinion) but don't be mad at me I'm not a damn Nazi (chinese) but if WWII never happend the science and the medicine's won't be that good. Dr. Himmler that used alot of Jews (and alot of other people) as guinea pigs made alot of good medicine's (I know it sounds crazy to say it but it's a bit true I think) and I hope this isn't nonsense or you can kick my ass XD -_-'

Something to consider; someone already mentioned the population would be doubled.

Alright, so what about the resources? There would be more wars, in my opinion. And WWIII is probably just around the corner unless we find some way to prolong/conserve all the resources, as a whole. Not the "Oh yeah we'll do a little here, a little there." and some other countries doing nothing and killing the Earth even more.

And as many people mentioned, we have gained quite a lot from wars.

Every blade is double-sided, yes? :)

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

well i'd say there'll be more wars if theres no world wars. most colonies are freed because of world war 2. and in the colonial age, the eroupean coutries are all against each other because they all wanted to expand their colonies. technology would be no as advanced as today.. technologies advance fastest during wartime. radar, nuclear power, plastics, early jets, modern rockets, etc etc

Eternal : nope, japan is already an industrialized country before the world wars. I remember reading how a battleship fleet from Russia got defeated by Japanese when they are fighting for Korea. China is a Communist country..

I agree with most of the points here except the one about the world wars reducing the total human population because of how many died while they were fought.

Though millions died in both world wars, the post-war baby boom more than compensated for this.

Perhaps one way it may have indirectly helped to lessen the population was that the world wars were a great oppurtunity for women to take on many of the jobs men used to do.

With this, they became more independant and a bit more free from the chauvanist concepts of what a woman should be that were prevalent in those days. As a conseqeunce, the rise of women in the working world led to a decrease in the typical size of families as women took on more equal responsibilities. In that way the World Wars may have led to less people being around today than if they didn't occur.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.