Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Will Asia suffer another war soon? - Minitokyo

Will Asia suffer another war soon?

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Hi people. I ve been reading a really interesting book about the relationship of Japan with its neighbor countries after WWII. The book claims that the japanese goverments after WWII have not worked to improve these relationships, otherwise, the foreign policy of Japan is focus on the US.

Japan often think of itself as a part of Europe rather than a part of Asia, according to this book, and thats why since the Meiji period, the japanese people look down on its asian neighbors. This actitute led the japanese to invade Korea, China and the rest of the countries in WWII. After the war, Japan did almost nothing to heal the scars and thats why people in countries like China and Korea do not trust the japanese.

Right now, the japanese goverment is asking to change the constitution and build an army that act outside Japan. Of course China do not agree with this idea. Japan claims that the North Korea nuclear issue and the Taiwan issue demands that the country has a capable force willing to intervine. The US back up that position. But since Japan is not popular among its neighbors, the role of been the Police man of Asia seems to be out of place.

In the other side, North Korea has nukes, and its willing to use them. The US and the rest of the International comunity wants to negociate (because North Korea has real WMDS, not fake ones like Iraq). China backs up North Korea.
Plus, Japan and United States are not really popular among the people of South Korea either.

We also have Taiwan. China wants Taiwan back and there is a possibility of a chinese invassion someday. If the US back up Taiwan, Japan might be forced to intervine.

Do you guys belive that Japan will be involved in another war soon?

It seems that the japanese goverment is preparing itself for that. Right now with a lot young japanese people unemployed and with no hope in the future, the field is ready to prepare a generation to war, like Hitler did in the Germany of the 30

Signature

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

Japan, no. To build a armed forces from stratch would take a -long- time. Even if they did, alone, they only hold out from China for so long now. They also will need the United States help this time. China and Japan aren't like they we're back in WWII.

Well, anyways, if war going to happen in the Far East. It'll be over Taiwan and North Korea but nothing like back in WWII. It going to be pretty local.

China I suspect will go full force on Taiwan but not on North Korea. To me, North Korea has been a thorn on China's side even if they are making money off the North.
On Taiwan, I don't think the United States, if they can help much for Taiwan, will march into the Mainland since we're big trading partners and the States don't have the resources to do so...

Japan will have a hard time building up their military, they do have their economy to think about. They can be like in the pre-WII period and say "All resources go to the military". That will cripple their economy.
Sure the US can and will help but only for so far. We already have our own problems...

South Korea will be in a pickle with a war with the North. The North do have a shat load of stuff pointed to Seoul and other cities all over the South. I do expect hundreds of thousands dead, sadly...
I don't think the South will care much for Taiwan but I dunno.

Well, I think I got it all...

Learning little by little.
Signature

Yes I think WWIII is coming in the next generation unfortunately

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

~:. LioNe$s .:~

ehh,..yeah i think there is a WW3 but i sure hope i am dead by then..tche!
as for Japan on bad terms...wait a minute, i read somewhere that Japan is trying to keep things cool..
i don't think Japan is risking another nuclear attack and destruction, i mean they worked so hard to be like this now...they have more to lose than to gain in my opinion...
as for China and Korea and Taiwan...i have no idea....
oh well...this world is leading itself to its own destruction...
haha...take care everyone.

Signature Image
FaMiLy MeAn$ NoBoDy GeTs LefT BeHinD 0r ... FoRgoTTen ... ^^

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Well from what I know the "rearming" of Japan is only being pushed by a few higly visible "hawks" and this is not the stance that the overall nation agrees with. As far as their arrogance concerning other nations well I think this is kinda similar to any nation with a strong nationalistic nature.
As for Taiwan, China will not used armed force to take Taiwan, they are far to smart and calculating to risk their reputation on the world stage. What will likely happen is that the communist regime in China will continue to slowly deteriorate (like it is doing currently) and an agreement may or may not be reached to bring the two Chinas back together.
As for North Korea, um I beleive the reason that they are coming back ot the negotiaing table is due to China pretty much saying "Sit and Stay". China has an enormous amount of influence in that nation and does not want it in turmoil.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

i dun really agree with what u say abt japanese people, seeing themselves as europeans, further more the new japanese PM abe is trying to improve ties with china, unlike the one be4 him, who only concentrate on buliding ties with US. i haven't been to my own country for a long time, so i dun really know how they think abt themselves now. However i can say this, oversea japanese people are truly sry abt what happen. And should there be war, i dun think the island nation will even win now even with us backing... the chinese are not like what they are they are in the past. beside i douth china would want to fight taiwan, from what i heard from mainland chinese, they told me themselves they wouldn't wnt to kill their own people. so i think the only problem is left with north korea. But if u think again, china some what controls n.korea and i am sure the would stop n.korea be4 a war would break out, so i think there wouldn't be any war... war isn't fun... i have greatgrand fathers who died on both sides as soliders...

Just think about Patton , everybody knows him , a famous general of American in WWII . He killed himself after the war . NO war , NO Patton , he think he was not needed any more .
Now , American have the bigest army in the world , and its army go around of the world . But , there is not a war so big enough to make American believes they should have so many solider .
I don't think war is a good thing , but for political reasons , American politician want to keep the army . So American back up Japanese . But China and Koera not fool , they won't fire first . But if Japanese got a light , it will be attack badly by its neighbor , and everything will happen . So , a war which is big enough and far away from American , break out .

Quote by tandkzyJust think about Patton , everybody knows him , a famous general of American in WWII . He killed himself after the war . NO war , NO Patton , he think he was not needed any more .

That's nice and all, but it's wrong. Patton was crippled in a traffic accident and died soon afterwards in an Army hospital. It was hardly a suicide, and he definately didn't think he wasn't needed anymore; he was convinced the next war (this time against the Soviet Union) was right around the corner.

Now, there has been speculation that his death was a result of murder, but it wasn't a suicide.

Quote by tandkzyNow , American have the bigest army in the world

I believe you're forgetting someone.

Quote by tandkzyBut China and Koera not fool , they won't fire first . But if Japanese got a light , it will be attack badly by its neighbor , and everything will happen .

So, you're saying that China and Korea wouldn't attack Japan first, but if Japan "got a light" (whatever that means), they would attack Japan first?

Care to resolve this contradiction?

himura088

himura088

~Smile

A war wouldn't happen in Asia. ASEAN (Association of South East Asia Nations) will work together and definitely call for peace and diplomacy when tensions increases. Although China and Japan are not part of ASEAN, they have always worked with the ASEAN countries.

They wouldn't want to jeopardize the stability in Asia either. Especially since now you have the issue about North Korea.
The destablisation will result in many economic setbacks and causes many to go back into poverty.
They wouldn't want to risk that..

I think Japanese are actually very justified in thinking of themselves as Europeans and as better than the rest of Asia, especially pre WW2. For th elongest time they have been the only powerful asian country. And even now, they still seem to be the only powerful Asian country that isn't made up of dirt poor people.

And I seriously doubt China would be stupid enough to attack Japan. Their economy depends on the US, and the US would probably back up Japan. NK might though, and that would create a mess. Although I doubt a full scale world war would result, you would have ot be seriously niave to believe a war between the major Asian countries wouldn't involve a lot of the rest of the world as well.

The US is obligated by treaty to come to the aid of Japan in the event of an attack against that nation.

Keiichi, are you aware that the idea of expanding the role of the JSDF was pushed by the previous PM of Japan and a few others in the Diet. However the vast majority of Japanese view that as a breach of the 9th Article of the Japanese Constitution.

Regardless, in terms of technology and potency, the JSDF is the second most powerful military organiztion in the region, second only to the US. The JSDF has also been sent to other areas of the world before. Recall that the JGDF sent personnel to Iraq in a non-combat support role. In 1999, Japan's F-15 fighters took part in a exercise along side USAF fighter squadrons over the skies of Guam.

Signature
	Image[/img]

I think it's more like the cold war (& it really is for Korea in ways), its kind of a political standstill. All sides don't want to make a move because they fear the consequences, also, it'd be a fatal idea for North Korea & China to go to war, they already did this in the Korean war & lost terribly.

Technically, the Korean War is not over. For the moment a state of truce exist between North Korea and the South. Therefore there are no victors, merely a stalemate.

Signature
	Image[/img]

True, that the Korean War isn't over. But then have you heard that North and South Korea are planning a Korean team for the Olympics? Seems sort of strange really. If that is true, then perhaps the situation can be diffused.

Japan: well, it's hard to say where the new policy will lead. It could, and it is what is feared, lead to nationalism. In the correct way, that is a good thing. People should be proud of their country and heritage, but if it creates a superiority complex in them, then I think it's bad. Mind you, I think the PM cited declining morality as a reason. China themselves have students singing how wonderful their country is in the mornings, according to students, who were born there, that I know.

China: slowing, but surely, changing. Hopefully it will lead to good things. There needs to be a better move towards the whole problem of human rights though. Hong Kong is a case in point concerning free speech. Taiwan and China the 'two Chinas'. Never thought about it like that but it reminds me of something. The split came about after a revolution in the mainland, and Taiwan was cut off from this as a result. Truthfully then, Taiwan wouldn't recognise China's 'independence' from before. So it is really Taiwan that has sovereignty over China and not the other way around. :D Taiwan is the country that continued the Chinese legacy and not China. (Poor I know, but I remember that split thing from a book I read or something. It makes a sort of sense.)

It's a sad state of affairs if something happens, but that's the human race for you.

I am body,
I am soul,
I am Unity.

Quote by j4m3sb0ndI think it's more like the cold war (& it really is for Korea in ways), its kind of a political standstill. All sides don't want to make a move because they fear the consequences, also, it'd be a fatal idea for North Korea & China to go to war, they already did this in the Korean war & lost terribly.

... china did not lost the korea war... UN ask for peace it is the US and UN lost

lunagata

lunagata

Lurking -3-

Well one thing I know for sure *lol* whoever wants to fight with China must really have guts
cause China is huge, and has a lot of people, 0_0 that would be really bad for whoever wants to fight them good luck,

Now Japan I would highly doubt it, they don't seem to want to even think about that, I mean getting hit with 2 atomic bombs seem enought 0_o
South Korea I wouldn't doubt it, I mean what their leader started on the summer I think it was with the missels and all >_< that wouldn't be nice to Japan if one of them would hit them x-X

Anyways, I don't know a lot about wars, only about the WWII which seems intresting to me >_<
That's just what I think honestly X-P

Technically the Korean War isn't over, but its at a stalemate with China/NK failing to get their desired result.

HanTuppMan, i consider it a failure for China because they failed their mission, while China/NK both held SK for a while, it was retaken so both China & NK suffered losses while never attaining their goal.

As much as Japan might appear to be moving closer to being a military aggressor, the situation is not as bad as it seems. The nationalistic actions taking place within the country are being carried out by the prime minister Shinzo Abe and other members of the LDP. However his overly-patriotic actions in terms of educational reform and the expansion of the JSDF have scant public support. The people are more worried about Japan's 10 year recession that has sent the economy into troublesome decline.

stupid Q to ask!

Its not stupid. Its a way of opening possibilities. If we don't open our minds now, perhaps it will be too late if and when we notice it.

A small spark is enough to start a great fire. In the same sense, a simple mistake by any may result into a travesty if not done proper action. One who is satisfied with what they see will definitely find this query idiotic. However one should think further than their line of sight.

A war? I hate war, it only brings tear and blood. People should consider it carefully. A war is more than just the selfishness, pride, ungenerosity of parties involved. Asia is already poorer than other countries (well better than Africa) I don't want any more damage. People in Asia are trying to chase after more powerful country but if a war happens maybe their progress will be decreased greatly.

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.