Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Favorite Foreign Foods - Minitokyo

Favorite Foreign Foods

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 63 total items

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Since this is an international board, I thought I'd see what everyones favorite "foreign" foods are. So the rules are simple.
1. It cannot be a food/dish that originates your own country
2. Describe the dish in case others have not heard of it (recipes would be good too)

My favorite foreign food is probably fried dumplings. Basically pork or a mix of meats and spices in a pasta like purse served with a spicy soy or vinegar sauce.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

mmm... being from a country that many foreign dishes could be found... i have a couple of favorite foreign dishes...

here goes,
1) tempura udon, deep fried (breaded- i think) prawns, served with a bowl of the smooth and fat japanese noodle
2) seasoned baby octopus, a japanese dish of baby octopus seasoned in a sweet and little spicy sauce, sesame seeds could also be found in the sauce
3) turkish rice pudding, well, its white, looks abit like yogurt, tastes sweet and often served in a red clay pot
4) sweet and sour pork, a chinese dish of crispy pork stir fried in a sweet and sour sauce, pineapples could often be found in the dish.
5) phoneix claw(chicken feet), a chinese dish, steamed chicken feet in a sweet and spicy sauce, the dish is often red in colour.
6) pasta in cream sauce, well, pasta such as spaggetti in white creamy sauce, comes with a variety of meat, ranging from chicken to salmon.
7) pizza hawaiian topping, pizza with a topping of meat, pineapple, cheese, tomato base, ingredients varies so i'm naming the common ingredient found in the topping

Siri

Siri

Suou

HMM
well I'm asian so I won't put down the asian foods then even though I'm not japanese korean etc.

but I love the italian desert "tiramisu" which is an Italian dessert typically made from Lady Fingers, espresso coffee, mascarpone cheese, eggs, cream, sugar, marsala wine, cocoa and rum. (description ripped directly from wikipedia ROFL)

When everyone leaves you... I'll look for you then
Signature Image

Pizza! They were originated from French, am I correct? :P They taste so good with extra cheese, along with the topping choices of mushroom, pineapple, and bacon. You should try it sometimes, you won't regret it. :)

ooooooo........
-egg rolls
-fried rice
-sesame(is that u spell it O.o) chicken
-sesame balls
-sweet and sour chicken
well i can't think of anymore.........

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

Well, I like a lot of sushi--favorites being sake (salmon), unagi (freshwater eel), maguro (tuna), and kappamaki (cucumber roll).

And Chinese food like Moo Shu pork, fried rice, Kung Pao chicken... the list goes on and on...

And I also have a weakness for Pad Thai.

A lot of Asian food... how odd.

I do like some Mexican food, though.

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

oooo......thats rite! i luv pad thai too!

merged: 10-13-2006 ~ 11:19am
and papaya salad!

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

All italian food.

I really really really really really hate japanese food since I don't like most of the meats or fishes.

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

There really isn't a lot I don't like nationatilty wise, there are certain dishes I dislike but that's about it.

solidvanz

Silent Mercenary

French fries and pizza. I love to see Asian food somedays.

You Get Hand-Gestured!

Delilah-chan

Delilah-chan

Freddie no neko =^o^=

Wow!
I really like Sushi! and Tacos too xD!
I think... you all know what it is xD

keroandsuppy

keroandsuppy

Manga Freak~!!!!! Maniac~*

Foreign food...? Like...? Ugh... Lets see japanese food because I eat it everyday ^_^; I like French style food though... Was it France that eats deer?

i love japanese and chinese food like sushi and rice, and i cant remember the name of the dish but its chinese veggies with a certain sauce. i also love italian food like tiramisu, and lasagna. Thai food is amazing also - love that shrimp rice and noodles dish.
loving mexican food too - burritos, tacos, tamales.... oh my
yum yum german food - schnitzel (speling?)
and food from france as well, switzerland and that amazing austrian cake! nougat, marzipan, and chocolate mousse in one freakking amazing piece of cake. Austrian lemonade is amazing as well.... ^^'
(and yea, if you were wondering.... i went to europe this past summer, mexico two years ago, i have italian relatives and my best friend is chinese)

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

I personally really like the japanese food that's not raw. It's not filling, but it sure tastes great! it's also sorta taste like my own nationality's food, Chinese, only with less fat. :)

Aimee1991

Aimee1991

Aimee

i love chinese food! all of it!
maybe thats because im chinese myself... but i was born in england and live there so technically its foreign food to me!

Taco Bell/certain Mexican food is good..

himura088

himura088

~Smile

I like Japanese food! Especially Sushi (salmon roe is delicious)!
But we have to eat in moderation if not marine life will be gone in just 40 years!

Italian I love the pizzas and pastas..

I like Korean Kimchi too!

YUMMY! >D

kitat

kitat

The dead of freedom

I also like sushi. yeah! A salmon is delicious. And toro(fatty tuna). Ah, it became hungry... hahah ^ ^ nice!

Signature
Who can master your own fate ? Different people have different ways of life .

:nya: SUSHI :nya: I wish I could eat it everyday! If I could find a place that is completely filled with all kinds of sushi, a never ending plane filled with these delectables--> I COULD DIE OF HAPPINESS~~~~ (yes, I daydream about sushi too) I love every single kind of sushi!

Mis padres limit my sushi intake to one sushi-filled dinner a month because they're worried about the whole "uncooked fish" thing, they have no idea what they're doing to me, life is soooo unfair, baka padres!

my favorite foreign food is pizza..is so delicious!....I love pasta! (Italian food)

Well, I'm Brazilian, but I love foreign dishes like spaguetti and yakisoba. And pizza, of course !

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

I tend to enjoy Thai food quite a bit.

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

Ranga

Ranga

I am, I.

pizza!
Ramen!

You say I fool myself
But better me than being a fool for some one else

I like:
Mexican food: Coz I really like spicy foods. :D
Italian: I love Cheezy foods! :)
Asian: They are various and flavored as long as they don't contain anything unusual -for me- such as snails, sharks, snakes, insects, dog, cat, etc...

merged: 02-17-2007 ~ 03:23pm
Ah...!
I forgot dear Japanese food! I know it's odd but I don't like sushi. I love eating rice with katsu and teriaki! Yummy!
Also chinese: Noodles and Vegtable dishes.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 63 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.