Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ghosts, devils, elves, witches, goblins. - Minitokyo

Ghosts, devils, elves, witches, goblins.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

October 31 is coming, and it is celebrated in many ways in diferents countries: Halloween, All Hollows Eve, D

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

~:. LioNe$s .:~

looooools...interesting..well here we don't tell ghost stories or anything but if i remember any i will be sure to post again...thanks for sharing..

Signature Image
FaMiLy MeAn$ NoBoDy GeTs LefT BeHinD 0r ... FoRgoTTen ... ^^

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Hmm where to start. Well first of all in the US we celebrate Halloween as more of a commercial venture (sort of like Christmas has become) with costumes and the giving of candy rather than as the original event All Hallows Eve which is actually a religious event in preparation for All Saints Day.
As far as ghosts and goblins just locally there are haunted homes, forests, playgrounds, and steel mills. Usually places where someone a child, or adult came to an unfortunate end and their spirit still remains creating unusual events like sounds or movement when there is no wind or other forces at work.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Thank you for sharing your ghosts.

Here's another, just to keep your interest. It's called "the procession". It happens near cementeries in the small towns.

Imagine that you're visiting a small town. When nigth comes, the forest around you starts singing with a new chorus.

Now its close to midnigth, you see a funeral procesion comes out from the forest, by the main street. There's something strange in it.

Old women come crying, carrying semi-melted candles in their hands. The men carry the coffin, os walk behind it, also carrying candles. They're singing a religious song, they have rosaries in their hands, all are crying.

Suddenly, one old woman comes out from the procession, carrying a freh, recently ligthed candle. She offers it to you. You politely accept it.

May God and the ancient spirits help you! The old woman will go back to reunite with the procession. You'll feel that something weird has happened, but doesn't matter. You were polite with the local costums. You'll put off the candle and you'll go to sleep.

The next day you'll wake up. Your candle isn't anymore a candle. IT'S A LARGE HUMAN BONE!
YOU HAVE SIGNED UP YOUR DEAD. The next year, the same day, you'll be DEAD!.

If you're smart, you won't accept the candle. And if you are brave enough, you'll follow the procession from a distance. At the entance of the cementery you'll see that they and their voices will slowly dissapear.

hehehhehee, don't let me start, u know the goblin in Spider Man...kekekkekekeeeee
=D

That last one was a little... strange, at best.

HeartFulSkies

HeartFulSkies

Being a part of you~

hmmmm... well i dunno if there's a lot in new york O_o

well... ummm... i heard of this abandoned tunnel upstate where teenagers venture into at night as a dare.

legend says that a guy died in there holding a green lantern or something.

so when kids go in there, some see an eerie green glow O_o

lol ... mine isn't very scary, but oh well XD

Signature Image
Admin of: Hoteru-no-Shiki
Member of: celestial luminesse | nugeneration | fye-fans | colorfull-wallies | wings-lovers | free wallers | vectory

want a userpage designed by me? Please PM me if you do :o

still better than what we have here in hungary... just plain nothing actually.
Halloween is "day of the dead" here if I translate literally (halottaknapja). People just go out to the cemeterys to visit their dead and that's pretty much it. No ghosts or spooks, or haunts or any of the sort. Not even urban myths - at least I haven't heard any so far. would love to tho. I mean I see no point in going to a cemetery on a certain day. If those lying there are important to you, you can visit almost anytime.
(sorry for being offtopic)

muneera

muneera

Worriors princess

I like Halloween thou we dont celebrate it in Oman but were talking here about ghost stories..so here is one....in my sisters house strange things happens at night like you hear sound of doors opening & closing geesh talking about it gives me a creeeepy feeling...shes lliving now with us because her husband is in London finishing his studies...there are alots of ghost stories in Oman If I start writing them I may finish tomrrow......

nasastar

nasastar

it's asking for a miracle

I love Halloween all the wayyyyyy!~ I wish 365 days were halloween and each year it alternates w/ the other celebrations ^_^

Neee

Where to start?

Philippines is so fatalistic and animistic here. many people dont opt for hallowe'en here, they are more bothered about all souls day when the graveyards are at the most busiest.

Theres so many ghost stories, here we have the encanta that look like faires that invite you to their houses. if that happens you can escape...as long as you dont eat what they gve you..the incanta live in the trees and theyre apparantly really beautiful. If you eat what they give you its a bad sign...your trapped. many beleive that here.

theres also another one about a giant and another story in the rural areas about quacks and women withches with half bodies that suck the life out of unborn children. Quite interesting here...but if i try to talk about ghost stories in theevening...all my mates here are terrified.

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

i'm too old to celebrate or even care about halloween.

Signature

azyl12

azyl12

Raijin Thunderkeg

Hrmm. . .
Here's one! !
Also from Philippines!
Like what rockym9000 said, there are many ghosts stories here. . .

In Tagaytay bridge in Cavite (Cavite; where I live), there is said to be a white lady there appearing at night. Many drivers are afraid to drive on Tagaytay at night because of the lady appearing at your backseat, frontseat or sometimes just outside your window.
One time, my friend was on a trip. She was sitting at the very back of their van, alone. Along the way of the bridge, she felt somebody tapping her shoulders. . . She was so frightened that she just closed her eyes, trying to think that it was nothing at all.

Break a heart...replace it for a new one but not the same one...

kyo-tohru-1985

kyo-tohru-1985

wood elf

I live in Brownsville, Texas which is right next to the border of Mexico. My town has lots of ghost stories and most of them are in the college i go to.

There are stories were some students say that you can hear the horses running down the sidewalk. Or if you past the old jail, which is now the art building, you can still hear the men who were in there screaming to get free. but here is a story my dad told me when he went to college.

It was a raining day, and he was in found of the south building. He looked up at the roof top and saw someone at the edge of the building just about to jump. He saw the person jump off the building and he was about to run and hopefully catch them but by the time he got there the person was gone.

My dad has also seen some of the old army men walking around. The place where my college is build was on a war zone. The place where Mexico and Texas fought.

Quote by Lythisstill better than what we have here in hungary... just plain nothing actually.
Halloween is "day of the dead" here if I translate literally (halottaknapja). People just go out to the cemeterys to visit their dead and that's pretty much it. No ghosts or spooks, or haunts or any of the sort. Not even urban myths - at least I haven't heard any so far. would love to tho. I mean I see no point in going to a cemetery on a certain day. If those lying there are important to you, you can visit almost anytime.
(sorry for being offtopic)

MAN, YOU GOTTA LOVE YOUR CONTRY'S TRADITIONS, because, believe it or not, IT'S THE SAME IN MEXICO.

There are places where the eve of All Saints Day is an espectacle! Imagine a cementery glowing in the reds and yellows of thousend of candles, tombs and crosses decorated with flowers, offerings and pictures, huindreds people praying beyond midnigth.

Here in Yucat

People do not know this but Halloween was created by druids who worship satan and did everything that went angainst God. They existed 300 years before God sent Jesus Christ to save us all. They were from europe but were goverened by a society of satanic worshipers called druids. They worshiped some one called samheim which they knew as their go of death. They controlled peoples lives by striking fear into their souls by a mechanism of terror, lots of death, sickness, and destruction. Every year, on october 31st they celebrated the night of samhein beter known as day of the dead ,but known to me as stupid. These morons had 3 important days:the birthday of that which was on the 30th, and their important day of course was holloween the 31st. It was important to them because on holloween their satanic powers reached their maximum level and any socerer or ocultists who had difficulty with spells or curses would reach truimph on their conjures for that night.

The druides went from home to home demanding all kinds of strange meals for their own consmption and to offer it later in the festival of death. If people rejected thier demands they would call up a demonic curse over the home and would die the next year.

They pumpkins also came from the druids to be used on this day. They would carve out a demonic face on the front part to represent a demonic spirit which they depende on to gain power and knowledge. This spirit was known as family spirit. In this hollow pumpkin a candle was put to be used as a lantern to go through the night and they believed that the spirit would habitate in the pumpkins and would help carry on the spells towards those who refused them. This came kind of practice of satanism came in America in the 18 and 19 century. The name of the spirit in the pumpin was named Jock which changed to Jack when arrived in America.

Many of these are still here but very few and powerless. But if you have Jesus Christ in your heart you have nothing and should not be afraid of anything or anyone because God protects you from all this and there is no power of force that can break Gods love and protection

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

Yup, I don't really "celebrate" Halloween as a religious holiday. I just use it as a excuse to dress up and get candy. My mom thinks it's nonsense and I wasn't really raised with religion really so...not really worried about Halloween. :)

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

"The holiday was a day of religious festivities in various northern European Pagan traditions, until Pope Gregory III moved the old Christian feast of All Saints Day to November 1 to give Halloween a Christian interpretation . Halloween is also called Pooky Night in some parts of Ireland, presumably named after the p

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

Quote by ChristXicerPeople do not know this but Halloween was created by druids who worship satan and did everything that went angainst God. They existed 300 years before God sent Jesus Christ to save us all. They were from europe but were goverened by a society of satanic worshipers called druids. They worshiped some one called samheim which they knew as their go of death. They controlled peoples lives by striking fear into their souls by a mechanism of terror, lots of death, sickness, and destruction. Every year, on october 31st they celebrated the night of samhein beter known as day of the dead ,but known to me as stupid. These morons had 3 important days:the birthday of that which was on the 30th, and their important day of course was holloween the 31st. It was important to them because on holloween their satanic powers reached their maximum level and any socerer or ocultists who had difficulty with spells or curses would reach truimph on their conjures for that night.

Quote:

Thank you all for dropping by... I tougth this treadh was... DEAD! Bwahahaha!

-Ejem- Man, you gotta give some credit to the druids. It's true that these days satanic and luciferians use All Hallows Eve as a special date to do dark magic and sacrifies. And also claim themselves as inheritors of druid traditions and identify Shamaheim with Satan.

But I think what druids tried to do was to conjure and apeace the Shamaheim so winter and the long nigth brougth with it won't last forever, so spring would come back again.

And I've heard the pumpkins and the disguises of witches and ghosts were meant to walk by nigth without being attacked by demons and the spirits of the forest. It was supossed to be some kind of camouflage.

Yes, the druids were scary, but that was part of the job. They didn't know Christianism, so I don't think they meant their rites to Satan, but perhaps to forces of natures that scared them.

Your point of view is interesting! Please come back with comments!

merged: 11-01-2006 ~ 08:27am

Quote by TrigunPreacherGirl"The holiday was a day of religious festivities in various northern European Pagan traditions, until Pope Gregory III moved the old Christian feast of All Saints Day to November 1 to give Halloween a Christian interpretation . Halloween is also called Pooky Night in some parts of Ireland, presumably named after the púca, a mischievous spirit.

Halloween is often associated with the occult. Many European cultural traditions hold that Halloween is one of the liminal times of the year when the spiritual world can make contact with the physical world and when magic is most potent (e.g. Catalan mythology about witches, Irish tales of the Sídhe)."

Thank you, Wikipedia.

Anyway, here in my town, we have a haunted house called "the haunted house on Hill Street", and the only oddity I've heard of is ocasionally, the facilities will activate (the watering system, etc.). Never saw it for myself, though XD.

You gotta investigate that house! No, on second thougth no. Better be safe. Please, if you could repeat the name of the Irish spirit, because the page didn't interpretate it the way you wrote. I wanna know where the word "spooky" comes from.

merged: 11-01-2006 ~ 08:32am
Oh, almost forgpt TrigunPreacherGirl: You've read about Catalan mytology. I recommend you a little book called "The laydi of Urtubi". I don't remember the author, but it's a novelette from Romanticism that describe you an "aquelarre" from the Euskady (The Vasco Country, in Spain, I don't know how is traslated to English) Not very different from a rave party, but it's based in a true story.

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

I'm from Romania and the best-known legend around here is that of Vlad Tepes (translated as "Vlad the Impaler"), who was actually thought to be a vampire. That's because he used to impale the prisoners of war he managed to catch after a battle with Turkish people especially, since that era's main problem was the Turkish people's invasion and attempts at conquest of Romania. He would prefer to leave the impaled bodies of the victims out in the open, so as to be seen by the enemy.

His father's name might have also contributed to this, since he was named Vlad Dracul; "Dracul", in Romanian, means "the Devil". And the people called Vlad the Impaler " Dracula, as a derivate from his father's name and his merciless behaviour towards the losers who were unlucky enough to get caught.

He is said to have lived in the Bran Castle, in Transylvania, which is a region in the middle of Romania. An interesting fact would be that Bram Stoker (the one who wrote the book "Dracula", in case you're wondering) never came to Romania...

I won't start describing the whole story and concept of Dracula, since it is a well-known fact. That's about the most famous grim myth I can think about right now... Although it can't be considered a myth, since Vlad the Impaler really existed. Personally, he has my respect, since he helped keep Romania an independent country in those difficult times!

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

kyo-tohru-1985

kyo-tohru-1985

wood elf

Quote by ChristXicerPeople do not know this but Halloween was created by druids who worship satan and did everything that went angainst God. They existed 300 years before God sent Jesus Christ to save us all. They were from europe but were goverened by a society of satanic worshipers called druids. They worshiped some one called samheim which they knew as their go of death. They controlled peoples lives by striking fear into their souls by a mechanism of terror, lots of death, sickness, and destruction. Every year, on october 31st they celebrated the night of samhein beter known as day of the dead ,but known to me as stupid. These morons had 3 important days:the birthday of that which was on the 30th, and their important day of course was holloween the 31st. It was important to them because on holloween their satanic powers reached their maximum level and any socerer or ocultists who had difficulty with spells or curses would reach truimph on their conjures for that night.

The druides went from home to home demanding all kinds of strange meals for their own consmption and to offer it later in the festival of death. If people rejected thier demands they would call up a demonic curse over the home and would die the next year.

They pumpkins also came from the druids to be used on this day. They would carve out a demonic face on the front part to represent a demonic spirit which they depende on to gain power and knowledge. This spirit was known as family spirit. In this hollow pumpkin a candle was put to be used as a lantern to go through the night and they believed that the spirit would habitate in the pumpkins and would help carry on the spells towards those who refused them. This came kind of practice of satanism came in America in the 18 and 19 century. The name of the spirit in the pumpin was named Jock which changed to Jack when arrived in America.

Many of these are still here but very few and powerless. But if you have Jesus Christ in your heart you have nothing and should not be afraid of anything or anyone because God protects you from all this and there is no power of force that can break Gods love and protection

THAT IS NOT TRUE!Where in the world did you get this information, let me guess you are very religious and follow the rules of God right. Guess what.....I am a Cathlic but i am also a wicca and what you said about Halloween is not true. here is the really story of Halloween:

The word itself, "Halloween," actually has its origins in the Catholic Church. It comes from a contracted corruption of All Hallows Eve. November 1, "All Hollows Day" (or "All Saints Day"), is a Catholic day of observance in honor of saints. But, in the 5th century BC, in Celtic Ireland, summer officially ended on October 31. The holiday was called Samhain (sow-en), the Celtic New year.One story says that, on that day, the disembodied spirits of all those who had died throughout the preceding year would come back in search of living bodies to possess for the next year. It was believed to be their only hope for the afterlife. The Celts believed all laws of space and time were suspended during this time, allowing the spirit world to intermingle with the living.

Naturally, the still-living did not want to be possessed. So on the night of October 31, villagers would extinguish the fires in their homes, to make them cold and undesirable. They would then dress up in all manner of ghoulish costumes and noisily paraded around the neighborhood, being as destructive as possible in order to frighten away spirits looking for bodies to possess.

Probably a better explanation of why the Celts extinguished their fires was not to discourage spirit possession, but so that all the Celtic tribes could relight their fires from a common source, the Druidic fire that was kept burning in the Middle of Ireland, at Usinach.

Some accounts tell of how the Celts would burn someone at the stake who was thought to have already been possessed, as sort of a lesson to the spirits. Other accounts of Celtic history debunk these stories as myth.The Romans adopted the Celtic practices as their own. But in the first century AD, Samhain was assimilated into celebrations of some of the other Roman traditions that took place in October, such as their day to honor Pomona, the Roman goddess of fruit and trees. The symbol of Pomona is the apple, which might explain the origin of our modern tradition of bobbing for apples on Halloween.

The thrust of the practices also changed over time to become more ritualized. As belief in spirit possession waned, the practice of dressing up like hobgoblins, ghosts, and witches took on a more ceremonial role. The thrust of the practices also changed over time to become more ritualized. As belief in spirit possession waned, the practice of dressing up like hobgoblins, ghosts, and witches took on a more ceremonial role.

The custom of Halloween was brought to America in the 1840's by Irish immigrants fleeing their country's potato famine. At that time, the favorite pranks in New England included tipping over outhouses and unhinging fence gates.

The custom of trick-or-treating is thought to have originated not with the Irish Celts, but with a ninth-century European custom called souling. On November 2, All Souls Day, early Christians would walk from village to village begging for "soul cakes," made out of square pieces of bread with currants. The more soul cakes the beggars would receive, the more prayers they would promise to say on behalf of the dead relatives of the donors. At the time, it was believed that the dead remained in limbo for a time after death, and that prayer, even by strangers, could expedite a soul's passage to heaven. The Jack-o-lantern custom probably comes from Irish folklore. As the tale is told, a man named Jack, who was notorious as a drunkard and trickster, tricked Satan into climbing a tree. Jack then carved an image of a cross in the tree's trunk, trapping the devil up the tree. Jack made a deal with the devil that, if he would never tempt him again, he would promise to let him down the tree.

According to the folk tale, after Jack died, he was denied entrance to Heaven because of his evil ways, but he was also denied access to Hell because he had tricked the devil. Instead, the devil gave him a single ember to light his way through the frigid darkness. The ember was placed inside a hollowed-out turnip to keep it glowing longer.

The Irish used turnips as their "Jack's lanterns" originally. But when the immigrants came to America, they found that pumpkins were far more plentiful than turnips. So the Jack-O-Lantern in America was a hollowed-out pumpkin, lit with an ember. So, although some cults may have adopted Halloween as their favorite "holiday," the day itself did not grow out of evil practices. It grew out of the rituals of Celts celebrating a new year, and out of Medieval prayer rituals of Europeans. And today, even many churches have Halloween parties or pumpkin carving events for the kids. After all, the day itself is only as evil as one cares to make it.

ChristXicer...i apologise, but there is really no pleasant way for me to put this. Your post disgusts me. It represent the practice of so many Christians today, and so many Christians before you, to twist and warp and pervert the teachings and beliefs of other faiths/cultures, then go on to not only believe these lies, but spread them amongst the rest of the world's populace. It is certainly possible that you are merely ignorant, in which case I ask that you try researching such matters more thoroughly in the future before speaking of them. But if (note: emphasis on 'if') you are the type of fundamentalist Christian who sincerely believes that all other gods other than God are demons, that any festival outside of Christmas and Easter is a Satanic ritual, then my disgust for your post extends to you as well, and my earlier apology is rescinded.

Quote by ChristXicerPeople do not know this but Halloween was created by druids who worship satan and did everything that went angainst God. They existed 300 years before God sent Jesus Christ to save us all. They were from europe but were goverened by a society of satanic worshipers called druids. They worshiped some one called samheim which they knew as their go of death.

The druids did not worship Satan. They only deified certain aspects of nature, such as the Sun and the elements. They recognised mythical races such as the Tuatha De Danann. In no way did they worship any spirits or gods of evil and darkness akin to the Biblical Satan. And Samhain (there is no such word as 'samheim') is not a god of the dead. The druids did not even HAVE a god of the dead. Samhain was not even a god - Samhain is the bloody NAME the druids gave Halloween. It is a FESTIVAL. The depiction of Samhain as a deity, more specifically as one of the dead, was a lie perpetrated by Christian missionaries of the past and spread by ignorant anti-occultists and fundamentalists of the present.

Quote: They controlled peoples lives by striking fear into their souls by a mechanism of terror, lots of death, sickness, and destruction.

The druids were a caste of priests, teachers, keepers of lore, and judges. While it is certainly possible that many abused their positions as courtly advisers and soothsayers, there is no evidence that the caste as a whole 'controlled' lives through terror and death and disease. Your statement is one based on assumptions of the 'evil' nature of 'devil-worshippers'. Furthermore, the practice of priesthoods abusing their power is not unique, and was/is abused by groups such as the Indian Brahmin caste, the Christian court advisers during the Crusades and Inquisitions, or modern-day religious lobbies.

Quote: It was important to them because on holloween their satanic powers reached their maximum level and any socerer or ocultists who had difficulty with spells or curses would reach truimph on their conjures for that night.

Ridiculous. The druids did not incorporate spells in their practices, only prayers and specific rituals. The concept of magical powers and such peaking at Halloween is only believed by a small number of modern-day cults, which in turn are mislead by ignorance, misinterpretations, and lies. The only supernatural significance of the day is that the realms of the dead and the mythical Sidhe become accessible to ours, and vice versa.

Quote: The druides went from home to home demanding all kinds of strange meals for their own consmption and to offer it later in the festival of death. If people rejected thier demands they would call up a demonic curse

Food was offered to placate wandering spirits and the like. And the offerings were voluntary - druids did not go door-to-door demanding them. And as mentioned earlier, druids did not curse and hex. And i do not think that cake, bread, or cheeses are 'strange food'. The practice of food offerings is also commonplace. For example, the Chinese Taoists (over 1 billion worldwide) offer food to their dead forefathers and relatives during funerals, wakes, the Hungry Ghost Festival, etc.

Quote: They pumpkins also came from the druids to be used on this day

Hey, genius, pumpkins are native to the United States, not the Celtic Isles. The entire druidic culture was wiped out before pumpkins were even first seen by a European, let alone brought back to Europe. I suppose Satan magically teleported pumpkins to his druid servants so they could corrupt us?

Quote: Many of these are still here but very few and powerless. But if you have Jesus Christ in your heart you have nothing and should not be afraid of anything or anyone because God protects you from all this and there is no power of force that can break Gods love and protection

The servants of this loving God, the missionaries of the Vatican, came to the Celtic Isles and spread half-truths and lies about Samhain and the teachings of the druids. They told all of Europe that the druids worshipped demon gods, that virgin girls were gutted on Samhain so that the screams would scare off evil. They killed off any who impeded their missionary work. The oral traditions of the druids was wiped out, and with it all the rich culture and lore of their kind. What remained was perverted into shallow stories of monsters and darkness by the Christians.

I would rant more, but i fear that i would probably go off-topic. Suffice to say that Halloween is a misunderstood event, one that is today so very much different from its roots that there is little or no religious or cultural significance behind its celebration. The facts of it are pretty well-summarised in kyo-tohru-1985's above post. I personally think that anyone in a Halloween-celebrating country should simply enjoy it as a meaninglessly fun event, and an opportunity to cosplay and con ppl of their candy. To see it as having any ties to the occult or Satanism is downright ludicrous.

kyo-tohru-1985

kyo-tohru-1985

wood elf

Thank you Espada! I don't know much about the druids but Halloween I do know.

I know that rigth about now this thread is past, but:

I HAVE TO APOLOGIZE. FIRST, WITH kyo-tohru-1985 and Espada. AND SECOND, WITH ChristXicer.

I didn't want anyone to feel offended in their beliefs here. I know we may differ in many ways, but those who have faith have in common that they believe in something good that can't be directly seen or touch.

So, nobody should feel as the owner of the whole truth, since every religion holds one part of it.

In Catholicism is believed that, while the ancient Israeli had the revelation of God, other cultures and religions had (and some still have) to search for that God. And both are good paths, despite being so different.

merged: 11-24-2006 ~ 12:42pm
Well, while you don't do anything illegal or amoral, is good :)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.