Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 D Gray-Man wallpaper - Minitokyo

D Gray-Man wallpaper

page 1 of 1 8 total items

i'm stuck :(

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5954/youyoucopynh6.th.jpg

i was wondering if anyone could suggest me things to do on this wallpaper, i like it but... i think it's a tad too simple and that there might be something missing that could really make it nice.
like the big black area in the uper left corner is annoying me, but i don't know what to put there!
and i haven't been able to find any good title either :sweat:

please help me!

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

there's 2 clashes of colors... something does feel like it's missing... it's too plain looking like yucky plain yogurt... add a dash of strawberries... =3

I dunno really, im mentally exhausted from cramming for my exam tomorrow... ;p

but a nice passionate color of red would do this wallie justice... just gotta figure out something... i think you would love that too ^__^

-repeat-

oh yea defenetly! some red... uhuh..... as you said: just gotta figure out something... *starts thinking real hard*

good luck for your exam tomorrow ;)

RapidRage

RapidRage

Ice Blooded

The left and right sides are completely different, both in color and style. If you wanted it that way, then that's great, if not, I suggest you change it.

On the top left you can put patterns/scanlines, or perphaps text and the title when you think of one.

Also, you should blur/feather/anti-alias her hair that is touching the background, it looks too rough.

aha... yea i'd like both sides to be of similar style... arf... (how am i going to do that...?)

i added some blur on the outlines... hope it looks better. and also changed a bit the colours of her jacket.
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7016/youyoucopyod9.th.jpg

I personally like how the head fades into the background in the upper left corner but, if it really bugs you, I would suggest softly lightening up the area behind the character's head so that the edge of the head shows more clearly. Use one of the colors (yellow, green, brown) in the background to do this.

Quote by Morpheeaha... yea i'd like both sides to be of similar style... arf... (how am i going to do that...?)

LOL Okay, first, determine what characteristics makes the character and the background so differnt from each other. The background for instance is very soft and has a grunge-like texture. It's almost painterly. The character on the other hand is really bold and clear in comparison to the background. To begin with, I'd try pulling some of that texture in the background onto the character. Smudging or softening some of the edges on the character's clothing might help. Try not to overdo it though. The character is the focal point and should be relatively clear. BTW, I really like your wall so far. <3

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

yeah I like what you have so far. elledies is right, the background looks more painted, whereas the character is sharper. Another thing that I find to be a bit disconnected between the two parts is the lighting. The background has a shaft of light, that's coming in behind the character, which means that from this perspective, the character should be a silhouette, unless there's another source of light somewhere. And judging by the atmosphere, probably not a very bright source of light. Therefore, I'd expect more shadows on the face and skin.. I think it all comes down to the skin being so pale.

As elledies suggested, you could have a bit of lighting behind the character, or you could decide to have another ray of light shine down her head or something (that will also solve your lighting problem)..

hope that helps somewhat ^_^'

thanks a lot for the suggestions!
finally found the time to change things!
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/3240/youyoucopyor3.th.jpg
i changed a texture (and with it the colour dominant) i also tried to darken her skin but i'm not sure if it's enough or not.

still haven't found a title.... but i'm working on it....

what do you think?

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.