Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Unhealthy foods, opinions and facts welcome =3 - Minitokyo

Unhealthy foods, opinions and facts welcome =3

page 1 of 1 11 total items

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

Well, I got back from a meeting... God's foods type of deal.

Discussing processed foods, meaning man made foods. Ever wonder why they have warning labels sometimes?!?!

On to the topic... it's refined and in all our food, sugar, the worst kind of element that causes the most problems when abused. Natural sugar in fruits has the right proportions and not all sugar is the same. Many foods that come in cans, bags, and whatever man makes is usually stuffed with MSG and flavor enhancers. If the companies could sell their food without any nutritional value, they could... as long as it sells, right? Nowadays, 1 in 3 kids will get diabetes between ages 10 and 20, that's the statistics...

They get ya when you're young, cause naturally you would want to eat foods that taste good... nothing wrong with that, but eventually you'll have issues. The flashy boxes, the enhanced flavors, and the constant promotions in the media. When was the last time you saw an apple commercial, aside from computers... =3

Anyone else have anything to add?!?!

-repeat-

Hmm i c..well i think everyone masqurades these facts in media..like i often here msg is not bad..and all these ads in the morning directed at kids to persuade their parents to get them these foods..like chocolate cereals..they cant be that good for u yet they say its the perfect breakfast, best breakfast is fruit anyways..i donno i dont like arteficial things anymore. I donno if im on topic but meh XP

\(^o^)/

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

thanx for ur input, cereals are loaded w/ flavor enhancers, preservatives, additives, and food coloring... something nature never really intended... supposedly your hormones control everything in your body and these foods mess up the proper balance of hormones. insulin is a hormone, controls blood sugar, etc... when the organ that produces it is abused, it just shuts down for some reason... im bettin it's something to do w/ all the *extra* stuff we put into our bodies purposely =3

Even olympian athletes take products made by man to always push themselves further, and don't heal up as well, usually dieing around 50-60... gotta always be better, so take the best made made supplements, right?

-repeat-

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

You want a real suprise go look up some of those preservatives and dyes and checkout their MSDS (stands for Material Safety Data Sheet and is a standard for chemicals). I highly recommend you make your own food from fresh ingredients and try to avoid high sugar foods (except for dessert of course), and preservatives as much as possible. Something as simple as apple juice is supposed to be healthy for you. I'd recommend reading the label on your favorite brand and then switching to a fresh squeezed brand with noting added as an example.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

xange

xange

~white bunny~

damn you (jk), i wrote to you, not really that long since then and you use your time only for this thread?

she'll **** you just for the taste

Signature

I would use to eat a lot of fast food in high school / college because it was cheap and I was dirt poor back then. Now, I try to eat home cooked meals as much as possible and eat out two to four times a week (mixture of lunch and dinner) and now I feel much healthier.

shinmeiryu

shinmeiryuuuu~

yeah but even if it was filled with manmade ingredients, i would still eat if if i really liked it...
big mac's at mc donalds are good and they look manmade.....
coca cola has many manmade ingredients but i still drink it.
why? because i like it!

Meow~

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

often times, if you really enjoy your food and take the time to enjoy it... it's pretty fucking good for you... =3

-repeat-

shinmeiryu

shinmeiryuuuu~

well i forgot to mention....
if you eat so called ''poisoned'' food
you have to drink something to ''cleanse'' the poison
like don't know water?
or food that has the opposite ingredients :)
well but still if im still in good state after eating food like that for
8 years then i think ill be okay till im 28....

Meow~

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

lolz, good luck CLEANSING stuff that your body CANNOT CLEANSE... ^__^

-repeat-

Why is it that our taste buds change as we mature? Like, how we seem to prefer toast over cocoa pops for breakfast. Or how we actually start to enjoy vegetables. I'm sure there's a more scientific reason than just "social change/influences" because nowadays I physically feel sick when I don't get my daily meat and vegies. Whereas as a child I could literally have 2minute noodles for breakfast, lunch and tea. Anyway...random thought.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.