Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 You Tube removes Japanse Media - Minitokyo

You Tube removes Japanse Media

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=internetNews&storyid=2006-10-20T105130Z_01_T165986_RTRUKOC_0_US-INTERNET-JAPAN-YOUTUBE.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

So that is meaning all animes and other videos will be remove.

What do you think of it?

That is what will we see. I do not personally take anime there, but do that will change the number of anime fans...?

thats not fair... argh i hate it. why?! -.- why can't we have fun with our videos... everything is illegal now...

ahum.. if I say KILL those bastards of GOOGLE! who's with me?!?!? lol

GloriaChan

GloriaChan

*-_Moments Of Love_-*

I agree with them.....It's just unfair we can watch free...make anime cost a lot how can they make them if u don't buy dvds etc? that is y that so many anime are left unfinished because nobody buy them so the think that anime is a s**t....think about what is right before leave post....

sorry 4 my bad English :sweat:

Blademast3R

Blademast3R

Full Metal Panic !

I don't watch anime there so actually i don't care...but anyways it's kinda unfair watch anime only with 1 click...i don't know that's my point of view. Besides it's better to have downloaded the anime on your hdd or own it ot DVD ;)

Signature
ESRB Notice : Game experience may change during online play !!!
FMP-The-Second-Raid
Full-Metal-Panic-Fanatic

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

Like Backburner said, you can't tell which is an episode/series the submitter bought, pirated, etc., so to be on the safe side, they're removing it all to protect all the copyrights the original owners/creators/etc. have (and even if they can ask the submitters, they can't really do it in person, so the submitter is able to lie).
However, if they're removing the music videos that's a bit harsh, in my opinion. Hmm... there go my plans for an AMV XD .

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

Quote by DamyusThat is what will we see. I do not personally take anime there, but do that will change the number of anime fans...?

i doubt it would change the amoun tof anime fans, there are other outlets for it you know :p

Signature Image

Quote by speedfreek19

Quote by DamyusThat is what will we see. I do not personally take anime there, but do that will change the number of anime fans...?

i doubt it would change the amoun tof anime fans, there are other outlets for it you know :p

Of course I know, I am one of them who buy dvds, and torrents not liscensed animes. But, what I mean it is, some people just go there. Do that kind of people will begin to take torents or just stop to watch...

HeartFulSkies

HeartFulSkies

Being a part of you~

this is really unfair =\ i mean i always thought when they put anime on there for viewing, there would be increased fandom. So i thought of the videos and episodes they show on youtube for anime were actually really good for the creators and licensers, etc, etc, but i guess i thought wrong...

it's back to buying mine then =.=

Signature Image
Admin of: Hoteru-no-Shiki
Member of: celestial luminesse | nugeneration | fye-fans | colorfull-wallies | wings-lovers | free wallers | vectory

want a userpage designed by me? Please PM me if you do :o

TNinja

TNinja

Eh? Ice cream?!

hmmm. It's not so bad. Bad news for me, but maybe good news for the anime makers.

The animes is just Fansubs. Nothing else. Fansubs is ok though, but I don't think is ok to spread it to the world. But millions of ppl downloads the animes anyway, so theres no change at all even if youtube are removing the animes. Only way to stop the Fansubs from spreading is just block all download options. But that is also bad. Those ppl is stucked. What the hell am I talking about now? XD

Ice cream!

Well, the japanese actually demanded the removal and YouTube had to comply. So if you want to complain or kill somebody over this, it's the japanese themselves. :p

I actually think its really bad if they go through with this.

Firstly, I do understand that its unfair for people to be able to watch anime free. And yet on the other hand, for a lot of people (including myself) its how I get to see if I want to buy an anime or not. All the anime posted on YouTube are bad quality fan-subs - so if I watch some episodes of anime and really like it, I buy the anime. If not, I just stop watching. So without the anime there to watch, its not only cutting down on what I see but what I buy - I live in NZ where anime is hard to come by, and I never just buy an anime without watching some of it first.

Quote by crsgI actually think its really bad if they go through with this.

Firstly, I do understand that its unfair for people to be able to watch anime free. And yet on the other hand, for a lot of people (including myself) its how I get to see if I want to buy an anime or not. All the anime posted on YouTube are bad quality fan-subs - so if I watch some episodes of anime and really like it, I buy the anime. If not, I just stop watching. So without the anime there to watch, its not only cutting down on what I see but what I buy - I live in NZ where anime is hard to come by, and I never just buy an anime without watching some of it first.

I understand your intervention. But, people like you exist, but there is not so much of them. Unfortunatelly, the people like you have to pay for the people who abuse of it. It is always like that. They should, but that would be too difficult to do, just keep the first 2 episodes of an anime. Like that someone like you who wants to see what is it like can, and no one can watch the entire series because only the 2 first are disponible. Unfortunatelly, that is two hard two handle...

Daemoro

Daemoro

Charatouille or Bust

Quote by Backburneri mean like they said they cant track or tell which is pirated. and if you type in anime in you tube you'll see why they cant remove them all. theres just to many. plus people can just resubmit them

Backburner has a point. As for me, I'm better off buying the DVDs and/or borrowing fansubs (and burning them on CD-R).

So yeah, it doesn't really bother me one bit IMO since I barely use YouTube.

According to my calculations, your problem doesn't exist.

Oh, and mostly anti-celeb/anti-Hollywood/anti-commercial since 1978

Doesn't affect me much, since i prefer to download or buy my anime. I only ever used youtube to guage which series are good b4 downloading. Not that i approve but i can understand the rationale behind it since in the end it costs the anime distributors money.

zeroenna57

zeroenna57

The Ultimate Eye/ Jew

This is why god gave us [link removed] . Your welcome.

"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Signature

Arekisu

Arekisu's Realm

It's very bad! Luckily there are still other websites like "bolt".

WHAT, i never heard of this before, the damn google, and i thought they were good people.If they remove jap stuff how the hell am i suppose to find anime to watch since i don't download.

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

i've seen this coming...

Signature

I say it's crap for them to take down Japanese stuff. That's just Google trying to avoid lawsuits. YouTube was better as an independent site because people could upload whatever they pleased. Well whatever, people will just go back to torrents like we did before YouTube came along.

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

Actually: its the Japanese companies which requested youtube to take down their copyrighted material.

Blame copyright.

Its not really google fault.... they were approached by the Japanese and asked to remove the media or there will be court cases .....so to avoid the court they removed the material.

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

Quote by DarkDwellerIts not really google fault.... they were approached by the Japanese and asked to remove the media or there will be court cases .....so to avoid the court they removed the material.

What I said. :)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 41 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.