Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 You Tube removes Japanse Media - Minitokyo

You Tube removes Japanse Media

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 41 total items

Quote by AWOL

Quote by DarkDwellerIts not really google fault.... they were approached by the Japanese and asked to remove the media or there will be court cases .....so to avoid the court they removed the material.

What I said. :)

True i just gave little more detail on what you said ;)

AirMaster

AirMaster

ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU!!!

Man, the video resolution is so bad on youtube, I wonder why anyone would want to watch anime there (plus, the loading times can be long as heck sometimes). Seriously, just learn how to use BT and get over it -.-;

Signature
Sig by Vivid-Rein..ph34r them Zakus XP
Check profile for groups :x

Quote by AirMasterMan, the video resolution is so bad on youtube, I wonder why anyone would want to watch anime there (plus, the loading times can be long as heck sometimes). Seriously, just learn how to use BT and get over it -.-;

Yeah, that is right. But, what about people who like to have an idea of the anime before download/buy it. Most of the torrent come only on full season for not the newest series

beethoven

beethoven

darkness

i say F that i mean it's a media intertainment does it matter if it's pirated or not i mean it should all be free everything should be free i mean lets go to a true COMMUNISM no not like russai or anyone of thoese a real comunisum a goverment for the comunity

Only in the dark of your soul can you reveal the light of your heart" Stephen Penton
Signature

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

That's stupid, I go there for all of my anime watching needs.

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

cherry-blossem

cherry-blossem

Tamaki Cheer

NOT FAIR...i watch alot of my animes for YouTube T_T so if they take them all out I basicly cant watch... x_x x_x

Personally I think full anime episodes and movies should be taken off, but if I user (like me) takes an episode and makes an amv or something outta it, it becomes more of an own personal video more than something copyrighted and illegal.

crappy T_T
yeah, it's not google's fault...but it sucks majorly! i just started watching 'death note' on youtube....*sigh*

I think youtube got licensed so yeah....

That's ok. Since they're the ones actually making this stuff. I mean how can you make anime without profit right? For some of those I can find some cheap official DVD's if I know where to look. Besides some people just use it for personal viewing. I think most people would do it for personal viewing and would never try to sell pirated anime like this.
Other than this, if they did not have done this, they would lose profit since people could just go to YouTube and watch whatever title they have. In a way, if they did not continue to ask YouTube to remove these videos, the anime industry would significantly be scarred which can create cutbacks for those who want to see various animes or even NEW titles. The whole world is based on money and without it, there would be chaos in which the entertainment for anime would be non-existant or incredibly slow production.

I usually download or buy the anime I watch. If it's good I can't wait until I see it on DVD's. Otherwise, I'd better get started on learning Japanese! -.-
The only time I used YouTube for this type of content was when there's an incredibly huge series that can't fit on my computer. (i.e. School Rumble) I would need to download the entire first season, which I did not have space for.

You know what? They should have an anime channel for North America (maybe a world satellite) for Canada and U.S. where they show SUBBED anime. Say... Japan's channels on world satellite and provides subbed anime for viewers. That would be TOTALLY profitable nad helpful to everyone!

Kenichi

Kenichi

Retired MT Member

will i guess they have the right's to remove them.. Google sure getting powers though..

YouTube should at least be able to keep anime opening and ending video's..

Signature

Quote by Kenichiwill i guess they have the right's to remove them.. Google sure getting powers though..

YouTube should at least be able to keep anime opening and ending video's..

It would be nice to keep op/ed but this is copyright to...so I don`t think so.

That really sucks! Youtube was my quick download of anime episodes T_T! Oh well, there is still bittorrent XD .

hmm. It's natural that they remove them. 'You Tube' have been big, fairly.

I look at it this way. IF it was aired on Japanese ( or any other national) TV, It can be posted on You Tube. The use of copyright to subdue world wide communication and sharing is starting to become a thorn in people's sides now. I personally don't buy the account that this is Japan's doing. It's more believeable that this is coming from the U.S. or Brittian side that's asking Japan to take this action to trim down the supposed piracy.
Bottom line is, if anime isn't available on the internet..then I just won't watch it. Anime DVD's in the U.S. are krap and I will never buy any. They are over priced and poorly done. Then you have idiotic Cartoon Network that aires Anime that's been Americhopped to hell. :( My loyalty will always be to the Fan subbers. They do better translations, encodes, and do it for free ! How can the fan subbers do it free and do so well when the overpaid asses jack up the price of DVD's to ridiculous amounts for 2 episodes?

Oh well, long live the NewsGroups ! :)

NewLondenion

NewLondenion

Chairman of Side 7

I think this is the Japanese companies' next step in tightening the leash on the anime they release. They can't take out all of the fansubbers, but because YouTube is such a big and powerful website that makes it an easy target for something like this. I don't want to do something illegal, but the atitude that those companies have when distributing (or not distributing) and selling their anime is just ignorant.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 41 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.