Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Does Lacus still have feelings for Athrun? - Minitokyo

Does Lacus still have feelings for Athrun?

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam SEED

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

LoveBug

LoveBug

Prince Athrun

I've been thinking lately about how Athrun and Lacus sort of drifted away from each other.

Since they started out with a rather forced relationship (Athrun is scared out of his wits at the prospect of an arranged marriage) I just wrote it off as "Well, maybe they never really had a real relationship" in the beginning.

The more I think about it, though, I start to wonder... Wasn't it Lacus who finally convinced Athrun to give Kira another chance and talk about their differences, in episode 36? (Athrun can be really stubborn, so that's quite a feat!)

Also, the way they ended up seperate. Their feelings weren't ever resolved. The next time they saw each other after that, both Athrun and Lacus had different partners.

So, while I definitely think Athrun (even madly in love with Cagalli) will always harbour special feelings for Lacus, I just can't figure out what Lacus is thinking. How did Lacus feel about Athrun during their engagement? Does she still feel that way, even though she loves Kira?

Thoughts, please! :D

Member of The-Red-Knight

SakuraShirayuki

SakuraShirayuki

Avoidance will annihilate you...

hm i think she sees him as a best friend or a brother but not as a boyfriend ^^
but i'm quite sure that Athrun is a really precious person to Lacus and the other way around

Yeah..for Lacus Athrun is her best friend sure because her lover is Kira (in Destiny they have many sweet shot ^^") and for Athrun I think he protect her because he know if Lacus dies or anything else everthing that he and Kira want to do (yes, I mean their fight with the other) will disappear.

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

I dont think Lacus harbors "romantic" feelings for Athrun anymore because she is involved with Kira now. She would probably see him as a very close friend, nothing more.

They are obviously very close friends. In GSD episode 42, we are seen how Lacus manage to convince Athrun to fight again. I mean, even Dullindual, with all his talents and trickery could not have achieve so, as we had seen when Athrun defects ZAFT prior to his rescue. I doubt that either of them are truely "romantically" involved with one another, but they probably do see one another as a very close friend that you could always trust because neither of them will ever betray one another.

-kira-yamato-

ultimate coordinator :)

hmmmm *thinking*... ohh yeah now i remember they were getting married. wow thats sooooooo far back i dont even remember literally i didnt remember about that and i dont wish to remember. hehehe only lacus and kira i will remember =D

HeartFulSkies

HeartFulSkies

Being a part of you~

errmm i think she really loves kira lol ... eh heh heh i'm being kinda bias, since i'm a kiraxlacus supporter, but i think they're more like friends. XD

Signature Image
Admin of: Hoteru-no-Shiki
Member of: celestial luminesse | nugeneration | fye-fans | colorfull-wallies | wings-lovers | free wallers | vectory

want a userpage designed by me? Please PM me if you do :o

auel1124

auel1124

I will fly with broken wings...

I think that Lacus still has some feelings for Athrun. I read one manga I found on the web, in which Lacus recognizes that she still feels something for Athrun and that she "would never forget" about their relationship or something like that ^^

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

no.....

Signature

Arekisu

Arekisu's Realm

Don't think so. Lacus loves kira...but shows no feelings for Athrun at all...

Lunariha

Lunariha

Glitter~♥

Well, from Lacus's point, I really don't think that she has any feelings for Athrun anymore. I know that they're relation is just arranged by their dads but they learn love each other at first...
but after that incident wherein Lacus gave Freedom Gundam to Kira, Athrun got mad at her and he even pointed a gun at her. Maybe that's the time when Lacus's feelings for Athrun slowly drifted away...but I think Lacus still sees Athrun as her very special friend.

As from Athrun's point, I think he still does hace feelings for Lacus...remember in one episode of GSD where Lacus's Eternal ship is in a bad situation, Athrun was badly injured and was in bed...when he saw that Lacus is in trouble he's sooo persistent in going out to save her despite his condition.

Anyways, I'm a big KIRALACUS fangirl..! KiraLacus lovers forever! ^_^

Signature
My Latest Artworks: Just Realized and My #7

She probably still has feelings for Athrun, but more like a friend or something like that. I'm sure she likes Kira.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

I actually think Athrun really did love Lacus once, even though their engagement was arranged. But it was probably more of a puppy-love, esp since it started when they were young. I think Lacus is probably Athrun's first crush/love. I mean, Lacus is kind, gentle, beautiful and sweet, it's kinda hard not to fall for her :D I mean, he made all those Haros for her right? I think by midpoint of the series, Athrun still loves her, because when Lacus told him about meeting Kira in phase 20, Athrun looks slightly surprised and even somewhat hurt I think...

As for Lacus, it's hard to tell. I think she does/did love Athrun to a degree. She was happy when he comes to visit her, and she was so happy to receive those Haros from him. But I think her love for Athrun isn't as strong as his love for her. Because I think when she met Kira, she fell in love with him for his kindness, that's why she told Athrun about Kira. And, she basically sacrificed her life and reputation to help Kira by giving him the Freedom. At this point, I think Athrun kinda knew that he didn't have a chance with her anymore and gave up. Besides, he has met Cagalli.

So yes, I think at one point they really did love one another. But love changes as time goes on, and I think their relationship drifted apart. Even so, they're still precious to each other. and I still think Athrun loves Lacus (once you start loving someone, you never truly stop) and has high regard for her and respects her opinions, which is why she has a big impact on his decisions, like in phase 36 of SEED (one of my faves), and 42 of Destiny. While Lacus, to a lesser extent, still loves Athrun as well.

I believe I read somewhere that in the drama CDs, both Athrun and Lacus admitted that they did love one another, and it was hard for them to get over it or something like that.

Really good fanfic about the changes of Athrun/Lacus relationship, called Seasonal Changes. :)

I still like Athrun/Lacus as a couple, and besides, they look cute together :)

They loved each other once but its over already as lacus is with kira. For athrun its still not known which girl he wants if u have seen GSD. Lacus n Athrun probably still like each other but not the romantic type of relationship.

i think she always sees in him just a good friend. i don't think that they loved each other. i think they liked each other as friends but not as lovers

rizacaga

rizacaga

rizacaga

i dont know....and i dont care about her feeling......

LoveBug

LoveBug

Prince Athrun

Quote by Lunariha...remember in one episode of GSD where Lacus's Eternal ship is in a bad situation, Athrun was badly injured and was in bed...when he saw that Lacus is in trouble he's sooo persistent in going out to save her despite his condition.

Teehee! Athrun was being so persistent even though he could hardly sit up, nevermind save anyone! I remember that! He's so cute when he does things like that! Athrun is always pushing himself to do things that just isn't within his power! <3

I also think it's pretty obvious that Athrun has feelings for Lacus. But Lacus... I just find her super hard to read! That's probably because she's such a mysterious character.

Member of The-Red-Knight

I think Lacus sees Athrun as a close friend. Its pretty obvious that they care for eachother. As romantic feelings goes, I think at some point they may have felt that way but they seem to have drifted apart.

BlackSun

The Melodies of the Battlefield

There wasn't any real in depth data we could work on wether or not they TRULY loved each other more than friends, it's a good tactic letting the reader fill in the blanks even though there were couples already made. But if we know GSD, it has it small ups and heartbreaking downs when it comes to relationships. The movie is almost out but I'm no longer hopeful with what I want with GSD (Thanks to Fukuda) but I'm sure whomever Lacus, Cagali, Luna, or Meiryn ends up with, there will still be qualms from fans cause of optional preferences (Kira never married Lacus or no one married anyone at the end of GSD so Lacus and the rest are still technically free for the exploiting errr I mean shuffling)(Do I see another tide shift on the characters here? wink wink ) . For me that is the most magnetic if not annoying part of GSD with the Gundams in close second (And they said that Gundam is a Shonen Anime)Watch out Watase Yuu and company Futaba's Romance Trilogy is on the road teee heee. These are the kinds of twist you see on primetime teen shows which keeps the masses guessing who will the lead end up with... Sigh Marketing people... really scary humans :nya:

Umm..Cha no! I hate Lacus and I know she has no feelings for Athrun she's a little player....

Imashitowareto

Imashitowareto

far away~~

i think that lacus dont have feeling to athrun already.now she just love kira more than anyone,in her heart there is kira only.^^

Lacus will always care for Athrun and love him as a close friend.

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

Obviously Lacus is in love with Kira and not with Athrun, but I hope that she still remembers her relationship with Athrun and thinks of him as a close friend. It is not apparent that this is the case, as I don't remember them ever having a friendly conversation after their "break-up".

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

fitarol15

fitarol15

*Karin-Koenig <3

Quote by MapleRoseI actually think Athrun really did love Lacus once, even though their engagement was arranged. But it was probably more of a puppy-love, esp since it started when they were young. I think Lacus is probably Athrun's first crush/love. I mean, Lacus is kind, gentle, beautiful and sweet, it's kinda hard not to fall for her :D I mean, he made all those Haros for her right? I think by midpoint of the series, Athrun still loves her, because when Lacus told him about meeting Kira in phase 20, Athrun looks slightly surprised and even somewhat hurt I think...

As for Lacus, it's hard to tell. I think she does/did love Athrun to a degree. She was happy when he comes to visit her, and she was so happy to receive those Haros from him. But I think her love for Athrun isn't as strong as his love for her. Because I think when she met Kira, she fell in love with him for his kindness, that's why she told Athrun about Kira. And, she basically sacrificed her life and reputation to help Kira by giving him the Freedom. At this point, I think Athrun kinda knew that he didn't have a chance with her anymore and gave up. Besides, he has met Cagalli.

So yes, I think at one point they really did love one another. But love changes as time goes on, and I think their relationship drifted apart. Even so, they're still precious to each other. and I still think Athrun loves Lacus (once you start loving someone, you never truly stop) and has high regard for her and respects her opinions, which is why she has a big impact on his decisions, like in phase 36 of SEED (one of my faves), and 42 of Destiny. While Lacus, to a lesser extent, still loves Athrun as well.

I believe I read somewhere that in the drama CDs, both Athrun and Lacus admitted that they did love one another, and it was hard for them to get over it or something like that.

Really good fanfic about the changes of Athrun/Lacus relationship, called Seasonal Changes. :)

I still like Athrun/Lacus as a couple, and besides, they look cute together :)

I Truly Agree They Are My Favorite...And I hate How They Split Up..And i Still See them As Couple And I Will Always Will

"Ducunt Volentem Fata Nolentem Trahunt = Fate leads the willing soul, but drags along the unwilling one"
Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.