Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is it Happiness? - Minitokyo

Is it Happiness?

page 1 of 1 9 total items

I believe main humans personal goal, under it all, is to find happiness. I believe happiness move us along, because if we dont have it, we might come to a stop one day. I believe everyone has their happiness, even if they can't see it, but also many won't ever find it. So I was wondering, what do you think is humans main goal in life? and if you have you found your happiness, what is it? Mine, I believe is art, and I suppose that would be many peoples answer as well :D

shinmeiryu

shinmeiryuuuu~

this reminds me of 1 of my old threads but...
i dont think humans are here for just happiness....
if so we would just polute our world with junkfood and cars....
we just live our life and try to improve it everyday.....
maybe our goal is to improve our lifestyle so our next generation has a better future....
but still there is a lot more then just improving....
everyone's goal is different...

Meow~

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

shinmeiryu just said in a nutshell, we're here to do what makes us happy... ^__^

even religion's goals are for your happiness.. in the end, that's what we all seek...

does art make you happy?

-repeat-

kyokujitsu

kyokujitsu

Without Purpose

Yeah, that's what I've always thought. I would even go so far as to say that the Meaning of Life is to find happiness. But then inevitably, my opinion turns into a religious explanation (or at least, it's what my religion believes in) so I won't walk too far down that trail.

But to respond to Shinmeiryu's post, from the point of view of my religion, things like "junkfood and cars" are nothing but short-term pleasure, or should I say short-term happiness. Most kinds of pleasure are short-term, e.g. playing a video game, eating something you like, sex, etc. Even the behaviour of alcoholics and the like can be explained as their search for happiness; they search for happiness by escaping from their horrid reality through things like drugs and alcohol.

Again, from my religion's point of view, "true happiness" comes about through things like living a life of servitude, helping others, etc. Although this sounds extreme, even to me, it's understandable. How often do you hear about people who are happy because they've decided to devote their life to helping a disabled loved one or something related?

But yeah, that's just what I and my religion believe. I suppose I ended up trekking down this path anyway ^_^' As for myself, I haven't found anything that really really makes me happy. Of course, small pleasures such as eating foods I like, playing games I enjoy, and hanging out with friends, but nothing profound or everlasting. I'm still searching ^_^

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
- Dr. Robert Schuller

GoodTree - The homepage that supports charities ^_^

Well... it's actually rather fascinating that deep down, some people find happiness in misery. It seems rather contradictory that happiness could be found in the existence of reasons to complain, being sad, and unhappy. But well... that's just how it is...

I think, the goal in life is to have some goal to chase after. It just seems like when you attain everything you wanted, you lose the desire to live, or well, life becomes really empty.

I think, life is about the struggles, the chase. In the end, life is about just enjoying every moment, not just aiming for one abstract thing. I guess, I found my "happiness" in just... well... hmmm...

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

~:. LioNe$s .:~

yeah i think humans seek happiness...directly or indirectly...
like we seek acknowledgement, and that would lead to happiness
a good career which would lead to happiness
satisfaction, financial support and security, lovers and friends...in the end, they all bring happiness...
so when you see it, directly or indirectly, humans chase after happiness...

Signature Image
FaMiLy MeAn$ NoBoDy GeTs LefT BeHinD 0r ... FoRgoTTen ... ^^

metalhead

metalhead

chinese ink martial artist

I think happiness ,for me its to draw and eat,I dont even care about school so much... well I know I have to...boohoohoo!I have to !And Illl do the best. aRT IS SO MUCH OF MY happiness that i dont even care about other things! i try to focus more at school but i just get distracted by my other dimensional world i navigate in different eras ,worlds ,mountains.And i CANT stop that!I know u understand me and know me well ,but how...HOW !i WANNA say a bad word but it is in the rules not to do it.

The world is a pizza pie...Yeah!

I won't be happy unless i don't have to study nor work anymore. But thats impossible.

Shoku

Shoku

Looking for past friends

Happiness is an "abstract" word and much relates to it, affects it, is affected by it, defines it, and etc.

So it is a hard to find a real answer to what happiness is.

Happiness could be you eating a box of delicious cookies. Happiness could be you overcoming being bullied.

It could be anything and...

I agree that it is the gear for us to move on in life in this world.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.