Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you still own a Dreamcast? - Minitokyo

Do you still own a Dreamcast?

Do you think the dreamcast was to far ahead of it time

Yes
17 votes
no
7 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

EarthAngel1

EarthAngel1

Hero's Aren't born their made

How many of you out their still own a dreamcast and a few of the classic games. that came with it i mean anyone that owned one will remember Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 ,Power stone 1 and 2 ,chu chu rocket , House of the dead 2 seaman that fish game... never played that one but heard of it. crazy taxi, and of course space channel 9. or like most people i talk to did you just get rid of it when you got sick of it? what games from the past would you like to see get a remake from the dreamcast? Me personally i would have loved to see fighting vipers make a come and maybe knights you know from the old sega saturn days. Well can't wait to see your opinions

x-gear

x-gear

Running away...

I still have mine. I think it was discontinued because the xboxes came out not too long afterwards. Plus, it was easy to burn games for the dreamcast. Overall, i liked the dreamcast. House of the dead, space channel, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Soul Calibur, etc.

What is it?

I cry inside a little bit every day for having sold it

bigeejit

bigeejit

Sup?

i bought one preowned last year. its really an awesome console! ive downloaded so many games, and burnt it to play on the dreamcast. U can play nintendo, super nintendo and sega genesis games on the dreamcast as well! it really is superb.

akuma2002

akuma2002

~~ Ecchi desu ~~

I still have mine too. The Dreamcast was a great console, so bad that Sega had financial issues... :(

You will take proper responsibility for killing me -- Arcueid Brunestud, Shingetsutan Tsukihime

i still got my dreamcast i still play my sonic games and phantasy start online for it ^_^

dibz

dibz

Crazy Head Mastermind

Still have mine as well, got mine the day it was released. Love that thing, way ahead of its time though.

I make it a point not to believe in any word I don't understand.

Hanazaki

Hanazaki

Current Anime: Hitman Reborn!

I still have the DC. But stop playing it after bought PS2. Well, I put it for display only. I never want to sold it.

Signature

DC.
I really loved it, and I wanted one so much.
Never had one... but I fell in love with it since the first time I played it at Best Buy all those years ago. ::sniffle::

...i still want one. ~_~

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

I have a Dreamcast, though to tell you the truth, I'm kind of new to it. I picked it up in order to play several Japanese imports on the system, including Sakura Taisen and I easily got my money's worth. I'm hoping to pick up titles like Shenmue in the months to come as well, but I've been very happy with it overall.

Misato-Kun

Misato-Kun

Art is a bang!!

I still have my dreamcast when I want to play my 2d fighter games! Its still the best when I want to play my marvel vs capcom 2 and street fighter 3rd strike.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
-Leonardo da Vinci

i want my dc back T_T..... I want to play shenmue

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

I learned the lesson long ago, to never sell any of my consoles. I was so sad to see this system die. So many games made for it never made it to US shores, a lot of them I was itching to play. The graphics were great, far ahead of the Playstation at time of sale, maybe even better than Gamecube...but thats iffy. Sega was ahead of it's time with that console and it killed them. That and the fact it was so easy to rip the games, that probably had a large hand in their overall downfall in the console market. Still, I love to have it and I will keep it packaged just as I bought it.

You forgot Soul Calibur, Skies of Arcadia and Phantasy Star Online. Anyway I still have and play my dreamcast from time to time.

I have a Dreamcast and the games I own are
Soul Calibur, Shenmue 1, Shenmue 2, Skies of Arcadia, Virtua Fighter 3tb, DoA 2, Sega GT, Sega Rally, Quake 3, Grandia 2, Resident Evil Code: Veronica, Chu Chu Rocket.

And I do not think the Dreamcast was ahead of its time. It failed because of bad marketing and lack of financial muscle at SEGA. The PS2 was heavily marketed long before it launched, creating incredible hype around what PS2 would be able to do.

That's what I think...

I do have a Dreamcast, and use it primarily to play the imported Sakura Taisen series. One of these days I'd like to track down Soul Calibur, and the Shenmue games, but given how little time I've been able to devote to playing as of late, it might be awhile before that actually happens.

No complaints here!

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

I never owned a Dreamcast, but it was definitely a pretty sweet console.

And god, I would kill for a remake of Rez on the Wii (yeah yeah, I know it was on PS2 also).

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

Inversion988

Inversion988

....Revived?

yeah i own one, and still play it every once in a while. Phantasy Star Online is one of my favorite games of all time and that's the main reason i still play dreamcast. it had a few other good games like sonic adventure, marvel vs. capcom, and grandia, but that was about it.

Signature Image

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

i still own one. i play it occassionally, but yeah :(

i wish i got phantasy star online.... i hear it was great. i still have THPS, SONIC, and a few other gems :) like DOA 2 and marvel vs campcom 1 and 2.

info-0

info-0

Hellgate operator

I have one. Still use it to play Crazy Taxi 1 and 2, Dead or Alive 2 (far better on DC than PS2 if you ask me), Marvel vs Capcom and Soulcalibour :)

One of the best consoles I have owned. Brings back memories also :)

...::The only easy day was yesterday::...

cygnostratus

cygnostratus

Raijin Gaeshi

I still have one at home.. and that's the only console we have at home...

FinalFantasyFans|Ecchi-Club
Signature Image
You were the lightning in that rain, you can still shine through the darkness

Never had one but I wouldn't let it go if I did. Crazy Taxi, SoulCalibur, StreetFighter 3, Virtua Tennis and Marvel vs Capcom were awesome. Had a lot of good games for such a short life span. To bad Sony forced them out with brute force business practices... Sega didn't have a chance.

EarthAngel1

EarthAngel1

Hero's Aren't born their made

well the only real silver lineing is at least it one less console you have buy around the hoildays... but i guess that really more of a dark victory.

I still have mine. In fact, it's still hooked up in my room. I'll always have a soft-spot for Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 (great games), and of course the Powerstone series. Worms Armageddon was another classic.

It is a shame Sega was knocked out of the console wars, but at least they're still producing the games (albeit many Sonic games have unfortunately been lacking as of late). I guess that's what matters most. And you're right; it is one less console to have to consider buying.

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.