Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How to modify stock photos? - Minitokyo

How to modify stock photos?

page 1 of 1 6 total items

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

I've made a wally with a stock image as the background, I changed the hue and saturation and level. But it got deleted after I uploaded it here, for the reason that I just put the extracted scan over the stock photo.
So, the question here, how can I modify stock image? For example, if it's a scenery image, how am I going to make it anime-style?

HotaruZala

HotaruZala

Athrun's Precious Rose @->

Good question. lol..I've been wondering that myself. Two wallies I made were deleted off of here for the same reason. I wish I could help u with that, but I'm actually looking for the answer to that same question. I hope you find the answer so you can tell me.^^ lol

"Even if you were to turn into one of a thousand wild roses in a field,I'm sure I could find you. You'd be the most beautiful one there, adorned with pearls of morning dew." - Cain to Meridianna (The Cain Saga Manga Vol.4 Part II)

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

generally with stock photos play around in photoshop with filters and you can get pretty effective results

Signature Image

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

Using filters only is not suggested, because the results are very known in the graphism world and it will easily be targetted as filter-whored. Besides most of the time it doesn't loog good. Allthough I'm not saying to avoid filters, I myself use smart blur, gaussian blurr, median and other filters quite often.
You have many ways of altering a stock to blend it in your wallpaper. What you want actually is to remove some detail in the photograph to make it look anime-styled. In order to do that you can
A) use the smudge tool carefully on the surfaces to smooth out the details
B) use the paintbrush to draw/paint on top of the stock
C) vector it in Illustrator or use the pen tool in PS
D) do all of that.
E) Finish it all with blending textures or blurred layers to give it a soft touch or glow.

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Wow, I never thought of smudging a stock photo before. Thanks a lot, candy-chan!
Hmm, vectoring the stock, that would be a tiring work to do. lol.

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

vectoring, while time consuming is worth it in the end

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.