Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 what can I do, shy, lonely and feeling like s### - Minitokyo

what can I do, shy, lonely and feeling like s###

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!

yo wtf!

KOKUJINDESU

KOKUJINDESU

TYRONE-KUN

Hey johann12345,
I wish I could say that I had no idea what you felt like but you described how I feel to a "t".
Although I am prone to isolation and such I do try to reach out (which is what you did when you posted this thread) so you're on the right track.
Were I you, I might focus on one friendship-either an existing one or starting a new one.
I'm sorry school is so stressful-it could also help to relieve stress if it was a positive distraction.
I hope I helped--PM me if you need.

"We are but spiritual creatures enacting a physical existence."

I know how you feel. I trusted a guy he likes me but know i'm hurt soo bad. If it makes you feel better i'm your best friend. and i'm soo true on that.

They’re gonna clean up your looks
With all the lies and the books
To make a citizen out of you
Because they sleep with a gun
And keep an eye on you, son
So they can watch all the things you do

Because the drugs never work
They’re gonna give you a smirk
‘Cause they got methods of keeping you clean
They’re gonna rip up your heads
Your aspirations to shreds
Another cog in the murder machine

chourus: They said the teenagers scare
The living shit out of me
They could care less
As long as someone’ll bleed
So darken your clothes
Or strike a violent pose
Maybe they’ll leave you alone, but not me

The boys and girls in the clique
The awful names that they stick
You’re never gonna fit in much, kid
But if you’re troubled and hurt
What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did
Chorus again and again, this is true about the both of us kay! I hate Randy and Jennifer, why is life so fucken bad?

merged: 11-02-2006 ~ 04:34pm
Sorry i messed up *so red* it's they're,someone,and you my bad and the a? egnore my bad i'm addin you to my friend list kay?

Hi johann12345,

I know how you feel. I'm 17 now, and lifes going great for me, but when I started in secondry school I felt just like you do; school can be a very unfriendly place. The solution for me in the end, as a last resort, was just to leave altogether; I just coudn't take it any more. However, I know this is not an option for everyone. That said, it won't go on forever, you have your whole life ahead of you and in the long run school is only a very insignificant part of it. The fact is, the school system may be shit, but no matter what you may feel like, YOU are not. Don't take your success in school as beeing an indication of your success in life, because the truth is it don't mean shit. This may be a really difficult time in your life right now, but stay strong and don't lose yourself because outside of the confines of school, it's a whole different world.

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

See if there are any clubs you're interested in that meet during lunch, or find a sport or game you like, and join that. About the issue with the guy throwing things at you: talk to the teacher, and if nothing happens, speak to the principal or vice principal, or better yet, see if the school you're going to now has a police officer on campus, and speak to them about it.
Take care of yourself,
~"TreaGirl".

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

wow you sound so emo right now ^^; *no offense*...look you just need to be more open minded towards other people..don't just pick one person and thing 'hey lets try and be friends with that person' you know just talk to the people sitting around you, even if it is just to ask them for help with something ..thats one way to start talking to other people. I'm also not too great at making friends either..I usually just get lucky and have other people come to me and I make friends that way ^^;..but I've been in tons of classes before where I had no friends and no one to talk to and sometimes I couldn't make any friends so I would just sit there and draw with any free time I had. I know that kinda sucks and all but you have to live with it ^^;..that or try to make friends with the people your sitting next to.

Hey why dont u try to talk to the other girl or guy u see siting alone by his or her self bc i am sure u r not the only one who feels like that try and reach out to ppl who seem to be in your same situation maybe u can start by making friends with freshman be like a mentor since you are older.ok! hope it helps! ^^

http://www.interpunk.com/itemimages2/75120.jpg

Stick it out. I had a period of hating everything about myself, and my environment, while I was at school. I felt like I had nothing to gain, and nothing to lose. But now, after school, everything isnt perfect, but things have improved a slight amount, and your worth isnt measured by how popular you are :D

Anyhow, stick it out. If things dont improve after a few years, then mebe feel the worse for it. But until then, try to be as positive as possible, and work toward a better time, i.e. after school. And dont feel inclined to be friendly, or popular, or fit in. Worry about that stuff after school, cos at least then, youll have more of a choice in terms of who u wanna hang out with :)

So says I, and Im antisocial to the letter.

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

this happens to everyone that moves.. i moved a lot, thanx moms and pops... thanx for moving so much... but u gotta realize...

when you smile and people see that, they instantly want to know more about you... are you attracted to sad and lonely people or happy and cheerful?! ez question right... but ur the first one...

i know about losing friends all the time... truly, ive lost a ton... but all you can do is stay happy, if someone picks on you, be REALLY pissed off and dont let them do ANYTHING... but in general, at least find something that makes you happy and smile... then people will be more open to you... ^__^

-repeat-

take martial arts class. you need to be able to defend yourself. And as for your friends thing, you know what, deal with it. You're in 11th grade, and by now, you should have the mastery of basic english. You know, that's all you need to talk to people. You never know what the heck you will find if you never talk to people.

Of course, you could choose the coward spineless option, and just bring your laptop to school to talk to your friend from 8th grade, no?

SUFI

SUFI

hello! everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well,I have an idea on that u can persue a hobby ,u can read books just keep urself busy.Usee when ur mind is empty thatswhen ur mind starts thinkin these things .I'm in the same situation as u & I do the same .For the hittings u can just go on & ask the person that whts wrong with him or does he has a problem with u &if he does then kick him as hard as u can.If this doesn't work then try to talk with ur last school friends this will surely ease the situation.I will add u to my friend's list .Now u can be sure that u r not alone ,& try to smile for me pls..^_^

i agree with SUFI, and since SUFI wants u to smile to him/her (i really don't your gender...sorry >.< ), why don't u try to smile to the others ^_^. makin' a sad face just invites others to try to bully u. right now i'm 21, since my elementary years i'm really a loners until my high school years. those day, i think that i can't be like that forever. then, in my college years right now (i'm majoring psychology), i decided to be an lecturer assistant so they will know my existence and i'll be able to know my classmates. just wanna say : if u don't have a try u won't know what'll happen, right?
well...since i'm a newbie in MT i don't have any friend (even in friend list ^_^) here. everyone, add me pls... and i'll give my best smile for u tee-hee...

thank you all for taking the time to give me some advice, i feel a little better today, i hope it continues

yo wtf!

Haohmaru77

Haohmaru77

Stray Wanderer

Death? Suicide? You were given a life. The only thing that you'll truly regret losing if you do. Making friends is easy... walk to someone and say "hi, my name's [dunno your name, sorry]! how about you?" or even easier, walk to someone and say somethin like "this class is so boring" and then start a conversation. Don't be afraid of people, they're just like you. If some people don't accept you, don't feel down, just look for someone else. Plus, you got the online community to help you too! Remember that there'll always be sun after the storm... Hope i helped. Au revoir.

Signature Image
Dude, I'm doing something for you. Return the favor!
Donate money to the poor!! Or at least heed their voices!
Thanx to K1ru for the super signature!

hello
don't think you are shit ! nobody should think that ! it's not because we aren't a sociable person or you're alone it means you're nothing ! your existence means something ! i don't know the reason why you moved but take confort, i lived the same situation as you do right now... my family moved when i was 7 and when i changed scool, it was horrible : i arrived in the middle of the year, all groups and people status (beautiful = leader and the others followed) were already given, the first day everyone talked to me and the day after i found myself alone, they lost interest in me and went back to their lives. At first, i tried to enter and being accepted but they never made a step in my direction. So, i was alone, it was harsh at the beginning but then, i realised how pathetic it was to follow the leaders of the class and how it made me so unhappy. i started to look at them like a witness of their lives and i made a lot of observation. i wasn't bullied at that time, if i wanted compagny because i was bored, i included myself in their stupid hierarchy... i spent days without saying more than 2 words and i was better this way. (it took me some time to talk to people normaly after, i became shy) i had two things that helped me : my brother and my childhood friend. My parents were too busy with their work to pay attention. My brother cared for me and i had one true friend ! it was enough...

So, please, don't think that ! i'm 22 now and i had other difficult times (bullies with paper -and coins- same as you, a school filled of rich hypocrites, a long list of false friends and betrayal, i was the teacher's target she mades me regret to wake up every damn day and made me wish to never had been born, ...) but i'm glad i survived, i won over those obstacles... it's part of life, of adolescence... it sucks, i know...

Don't lose yourself when you find it ! and fight for your dreams ! you will have friends one day, you will be strong... i stand today as i'm because of all those scars and those difficult times ! i can tell you it will happen when you last expect it ! it just the beginning of your life ! Don't let go !

If you want to talk about it, i'd be glad to listen ! don't be shy !

Good luck and Be brave !
^^

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

*hugs realli tight* a hug alwaise makes me feel better....omg....i feel realli sry for u...man.. everyone already wrote wat i wanted to wrote...agh........*tries to think of sumthing new*........i got nothing........but jux try to be happie...eh....thats not any help is it? but ill alwais etry to put a smyle on my face becuz being emoish (<-- see i made that word up ^.~) is so boring!so be strong and happie and life sucks all the time but we're here today and that proves how much stronger we r everyday^^...okay well i hope i helped u(heheh..i knoe i didn't...i gave sum crappie advice....XP)*hugs again* i hope u feel better!*hugs again*u'll be okay...okay imm stop hugging u.....*waves* have a good day now^^

Being shy is so difficult. I used to be very shy when I was a teen. You have to stop moving without sitting. Sit somewhere! It may sound idiot but it has its reason: wandering makes you a target. It's like having neon ligths saying "I'm new, pick on me!" You have the rigth to have your space. It's not about showing boldness or a false attitude. It's showing other people that you deserve respect, the same way yuo respect them.

How? It's like saying "don't mind if I sit here?" If they don't want, it's not your fault, don't feel rejected. It's their problem. Move to the next place. You'll find someone who doesn't mind you sit with them. You'll be showing you can found a place where you belong. Or find a place to sit alone and someone will come. But this is the last resource.

I'm sure there are kind people in your school. Don't let depression take over you.

The most important: join a club, or be an activist in some group. Step by step you'll become more open, and you'll grow and forget about your shyness. Even you notes'll be better! And you'll be doing something good. keep away from self-pity, which it's good for a while, but in the long term it'll hurt you.

About those that pick on you... I'm sorry to tell you, but it's you who'll have to put an end on it. Not that you're going to get into a figth rigth now, but somehow you have to be smarter.

Of course, I cannot assure you that you won't end up with a punch in the face, but if he sees you interacting with other people, perhaps he won't take you as a target.

Avoiding him will only make the problem bigger. If he starts picking, you may ask him what's his problem, something that he sees that you react somehow.

Perhaps he has bigger problems than you may imagine. Perhaps he was victim of abuse from other people or his parents. Not that you're going to feel sorry for him, but some of the people that picked on me in scool ended up as friends.

I'd like to help you more here, but perhaps you can ask someone closer to you and smarter tha me. Yeah, look for wise advise. I think that's the best I can tell you.

merged: 11-04-2006 ~ 12:40am
mmmm... TrigunPreacherGirl is smarter and wiser than me...

Ah, and when you sit in a table: LISTEN A BIT FIRST, THEN DON'T DOUBT IN JOINING THE CONVERSATION even if it's only for asking question. Showing people that you're interested. And also, a persons that listens is always appreciated

lolx... for starters just find some one with a common interest with u and start a topic, if can't find any then make 1, friends usually starts from this basic.
If u face bullies.... stand up man... let them know u are no push over, find out his/her weak pts and exploit it. best is when u have some friends and start a class boycott against him/her. or worst case just ignore him/her all the way or just dare him to a fight

Yo wat the hell guy, you are a man, stop being a soft pussy, we are soldiers johann, stop being sensitive.

I'm so shy that I couldn't make friends for nearly two weeks when I first moved to my current school. I was practically a mute...You're going to need courage to make that first move, it's really difficult, but you will feel so much better once you do.
The girl who is now my best friend said that I seemed like a snob at first because I never said anything.

And don't get down about yourself...if you have no confidence that you can do it, then who will?
(apart from all the lovely people in this thread of course.)

Tenin

Tenin

pick up some acting lessons. seriously. i act like im not shy and i love everyone, but really i hate society and i think everyone is a pain in my A##. it works.

Why is it always the uncle...

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I been shy but I usual try to think postive and talk to people be kind to others and try to push myself to make a change that is only way to do it and how I do it.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

mick-klaassen

mick-klaassen

boredom is imminent to strike

Quote by daftvaderStick it out. I had a period of hating everything about myself, and my environment, while I was at school. I felt like I had nothing to gain, and nothing to lose. But now, after school, everything isnt perfect, but things have improved a slight amount, and your worth isnt measured by how popular you are :D

Anyhow, stick it out. If things dont improve after a few years, then mebe feel the worse for it. But until then, try to be as positive as possible, and work toward a better time, i.e. after school. And dont feel inclined to be friendly, or popular, or fit in. Worry about that stuff after school, cos at least then, youll have more of a choice in terms of who u wanna hang out with :)

So says I, and Im antisocial to the letter.

there is one i can say about it NEVER HATE YOURSELF
unless life has been so bad against you that you have no other chance
best thing you can do if someone is angry and you feel like you hate youreself
try thinking happy thoughts not anything else or listen to some music(works to me)
i'm sometimes shy

hope this helps you
greetings

why?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.