Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 An offensive anime?! - Minitokyo

An offensive anime?!

page 1 of 1 8 total items

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

i don't think i can even begin to list how many animes with different themes there are! There are just too many animes with original (or not so original :sweat:) themes. For example: FullMetal Alchemist is about alchemy, Hikaru no Go is about go, Slam Dunk is about basketball etc ~^^~
i'm personally a little sensitive about my religion. i have an open mind, but i do get offensed when someone else critisize my religion from an unfair point of view. There was a quite well-know anime which kind of indicated an certain religion and presented the corruption in it... i simply found that a little offensive so i stopped watching it (Disappointed :()

Have any of you ever seen an anime which might have offensed you with its content?
Perhaps the artist does not understand the theme he/she is presenting in his anime.
Or maybe it contained parody or mockery of something which you think are actually quite offensive and not funny at all?

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

never seen a show with racism..! have you? i like your>>>
(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('') hee hee cute..! a bunny lover..!

Signature Image

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Well unless you can prove that the creator of an anime intended it to be offensive (most likely not the case) then there is really no reason to be offended. I've seen quite a few movies that take the same approach but they approach from the "stereotype" view and that makes it rather funny because intelligent people understand that it is a parody or satire. Unless someone is actually trying to offend you I don;t see much of a point in getting offended. As for the ones who are trying to be offensive I usually just ignore them. 1. It keeps my life stress free and 2 it generally pisses them off to be ignored so I get the best of both worlds.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Which one was this anime that offended your religion and what is your religion?

I can imagine that women feel offended by harem anime where girls act stupid and try to get the attention of one loser boy.

I dunno about offensive anime but there is a shojo manga called Angel Sanctuary that Christians and Jews would undoubtedly be offended by. Some major plot points are that God is a petty, heartless, genocidal, sadistic manipulator with absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever, most angels are bigotted monsters and some of the Fallen Angels (Lucifer included) are actually quite altruistic, albeit unpleasant. God is referred to as YHWH, the ineffable (ur not allowed to say it out loud) name of the Jewish God. And archangel Michael is a chibi with an inferiority complex. Oh, and most of the main characters are involved in incestuous or homosexual relationships. Angels included.

They made an OVA but it only touches on the first story arc and only on the incest part.

However if ur a very liberal Jew /Christian/Muslim or do not believe in the Abrahamic God (i'm an atheist) this is actually an excellent manga with a deep plot, well-developed characters, and so on. I highly recommend it. Especially if ur a girl - every main male character in this manga is a bishonen.

TestTubeBaby

TestTubeBaby

Baby Bunny

well, for some people religion related anime is offensive,

for me, mmm i think racism included in anime =/

RengekiShin

RengekiShin

-LoneRedWolf-

It's a matter of opinions. And I don't think the author intended it that way..Remember, its FICTION..not FACT. And if you already know what your FACT is, then simply continue watching it, preserving it in your heart and mind. Trust me..I'm a quite religious Christian/Catholic, and I still watch those animes...no change in me, or I don't feel offended..even after watching it.

Signature

Ranga

Ranga

I am, I.

Yes, as far as religion there was one that offended me, so much so that won't even type the name.
There were also a few things in Elfen Lied that offended me.

You say I fool myself
But better me than being a fool for some one else

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.