Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is it wrong if a girl can't cook? - Minitokyo

Is it wrong if a girl can't cook?

page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next » 240 total items

mukumuku

mukumuku

I am me

well, the other day in my school, we were having some wierd talk between our classmates .. the girls were asking the girls whether they want a wife that can cook or cannot o_0 .. almost all of them answered "yes" .. only 3 of the said they don't have to

To tell the truth, I can't really cook that well myself .. only some simple stuff .. like hehe .. instant noodle, fried egg, fried rice (still working) and plain rice (with rice cooker) ^_^ .. one of my friend can't even cook instant noodle *_*

Now the question comes ..
Does it really matter if girls can't cook?
Is there anything wrong with it or it doesn't matter at all?

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

nope not at all, someone must have the skill to do it or the interest to do it if not, it will always turn out bad..! hahax..! i can cook, but its only when i want to..! so i dun think there is anything wrong if a gal can't cook, if a guy can't cook why not a gal..! ^.^

Signature Image

Not in current times IMO. Now that more and more females are out in the workforce (and spend less time in the kitchen as housewives), there is less necessity for them to be able to cook. Of course I personally prefer a girl/woman who can take care of herself in the kitchen, but I certainly wouldn't call someone who can't cook anything 'wrong'. It's never too late to learn and, in fact, cooking is a life-long learning process (ask anyone who cooks).

Cheers!

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

I dunno, but the only way that I can cook is through the help of microwave radiation :D. But I guess at some point we'll have to learn to feed ourselves, whether it's the male or the female doing it, I don't see a difference. But I guess my policy would have to be that whoever cooks, the other one gets the job of cleaning up.

dMp

dMp

^___________^

it's preferred in my culture, but not a big deal if she can't. it does become a big deal if she doesn't want to learn how to cook...that's bad u_U. but yeah, a girl should really learn to cook, but shouldn't be forced to if she doesn't want to.

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

Quote by dMp a girl should really learn to cook, but shouldn't be forced to if she doesn't want to.

should? O-o

if they can cook, its an added bonus really =D

doesnt worry me if they cant, i can cook for myself as well so im not totally useless in the kitchen.

But it all depends on what extent can they cook to. is it just toast or zapping something in microwave? even then thats cooking to some degree.

If one doesnt know how to cook then they can teach the other that doesnt, regardless if its the girl or the guy

Signature Image

cereshe22

cereshe22

goddess

if she has already a family and still she doesnt know how to cook, thats the time that she really needs to learn how too cook

shojostatic

shojostatic

~::<3Host Club <3::~

well...i think that most wives would have to know how to cook...how else would her family survive? but if the husband can cook, and the wife can't,i think that would be alright

~LoVeYlOvEy~

asinine

asinine

++_Sleeveless Vampire_ ++

Quote by shojostaticwell...i think that most wives would have to know how to cook...how else would her family survive? but if the husband can cook, and the wife can't,i think that would be alright

Erm so you are saying that if the wife cant and the husband can... he should cook... that is if the wife is working and not the husband right? O_o
Well i think its an unwritten rule that when your a housewife... you should know how to cook... besides... that would be one of the things on your list... if you are a housewife right?... i mean your children would go "mom im home.. whats for dinner?" most of the time.... dont tell me you gonna serve them pizzas or chinese food all the time O_o

At the end of the day, i would always turn around and say.... "Egao Saku... "
Signature
Co-Administrator of MTSingapore
<3 Me Luv U Sooo Muchi Hino-Chan!

It doesn't matter. Unless the society is a sexist meaning that all girls must know how to cook and that guys just eat. Haha..it's not wrong for the girls if they aren't able to cook..let the guys cook instead if they can cook and are willing cook. Or just go to the nearest restaurant :3

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

Siri

Siri

Suou

I think a girl who can cook should be a bonus ahaha just like the others who replied
(I'm a girl)
I love to cook but I think it shouldn't be a necessity, I think it should just be an added treat! hahahah

If the girl should always have to cook then the guy should have to wash up ahahhaha! Because cooking is fine, but washing up is a pain in the ass.

When everyone leaves you... I'll look for you then
Signature Image

i wouldn't say that it is a bad thing if a girl can't cook, but it would be a good thing if the girl can cook, guys should also know how to cook too... cooking is a very useful skill after all.. plus home cooked food has something extra that you can't get at any restaurant..

Well I thinks its bad if you can't cook at all and I mean both girls and guys. I mean what will you do if you were suddenly on your own and living by yourself, it is pretty foolish to think that you could get people to cook for you all of the time or you will be able to go out to eat every night I mean YOU'RE SUDDENLY ON YOUR OWN! And it is unlikely that you are stinking rich. It's not really about like career choice rather whether you want to keep living a health life or not.

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

Not really in the current times. Previously, I'm talking like 50+ or so years ago, yes. A girl would've had to know how to cook... simply because it was society's view that women had to stay at home to cook, clean etc. .

Having said that, it's not really that hard to cook in my honest opinion. How hard is it to screw up instant noodles? Just follow the instructions on the packet and you should be right (it's almost idiot proof... take my 'lil brother for example! ^_^' ). If I can cook... then so can everyone else. It just takes a couple of practises to learn the basics of cooking. ;)

Some people may say that your cup may be half-full, some may say that it is half-empty. But I say, are you gonna drink it or not?
PCPP Forum - Internode GN Forum - GameArena Forum - StaticSub Forum - OCAU Forum - Atomic v2.5 Forum - DS Australia Forum - Whirlpool Forum - MiniTokyo Forum - Madman Entertainment Forum - Clan TeamqQp - AsiaGroove - Bleach7

Signature Image

mukumuku

mukumuku

I am me

well, i had a talk with some 40+ auntie today and she found out that I can't cook well and she gave me the look .. after that .. i had quite a long lecture about why girls must be able to cook .. not about survival but about feeding husband o_O .. well i guess like what some people said here .. its bout society and people should be able to cook at least to feed yourself .. i am still on training but i hope one day i can cook well too! .. GO ME ^_^'

Who can't cook instant noodles?! O_o
anyways, i don't think that it really matters to me. as long as she can fend for herself while i am out. I love to cook personally, so i got it covered! ;)

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

its a tragedy if a girl can't cook, what's this world coming to!?!? lazy ppl... noooooooooooooooooooh... >=D~~~~~~~~~~~

-repeat-

Narikoneko

Narikoneko

Bishie lover~

I don't think it's that important... okeey, some people say that yah, how awful, you can't cook, you lazy bastard, you... xD but I don't think that counts that much :) . I know how to cook, nooothing special 'till now. And if you suddenly have to live on your own, well, there is an instict of survival xD kidding, you learn, especially when you're alone ~ but in a marriage, I think it's important that the wife cooks... it's nice for the husband to eat food cooked by his own wife, and not all people are extremelly rich to afford to pay someone to cook everyday, three-four etc times a day... O.O ~My opinion~

selimangagirl

selimangagirl

la luz de la luna

I don't know cook and... I think that it isn't really important. I meet boys that cook really nice, and girls that are a completely disaster in the kitchen (like me) xD
I think that cooking is an hability more, like drawing or playing an instrument ^^
And... why is the wife who cooks? A husband can cook too. I think that we mustn't live in a society that thinks that wife=housework / husband=work

And... sorry for my poor English ^^'

Honestly, why can't it be the man cooking? Even if the wife can cook. Does that automatically mean that the husband has the right not to know how to cook because it's his wife's "job"? Cooking is for neither the man nor the woman. It's for everyone. Everyone should know basic cooking, in case they live alone (I honestly don't care what I eat as long as I'm healthy and I live), but if you're not good at cooking, then you're not good at cooking, even if you're a girl. That's just a talent, like singing. Everyone can sing, but not everyone sings well.

As for me, I know how to do instant noodles and some other small stuff, and if I actually train, I'm sure I can cook well, but I just don't want to :P If I end up alone, I'll just bring along a cookbook and just do as instructed. How hard it is to follow instructions? I don't know about you guys, but if I have the instructions of whatever it is I should do in front of me, then I usually do it decently.

Of course that a girl needs to cook! but also boys need to cook....they do not have to depend on their wifes when they marry. I think that is important for boths to know how to cook.

I dont have such a problem with it, since I can cook because I'm going to culinary school. I could teach her probably enough to get by, it's not such a needed trait in marriage like before, but it's nice to be able to eat in the house eating a nice dish without having to worry about dinner being on the table. Of course, I find cooking to be pretty optional in my relationships, if the girl is nice and has a good personality, no real problems there, she can learn or it doesn't matter so much if she doesn't. Expectations for me kinda are low if I find someone that I get along with or like.

VindicatoR

VindicatoR

Greato!

Well i don't see anything wrong with not being able to cook.
And not being able to cook won't affect my either way if she's nice.
But it would be a nice if she could cook. :)
And i think some of the guys who cook won't even mind then cause they are doing it anyway.

lunagata

lunagata

Lurking -3-

Well to tell the thruth I don't really know how to cook,
I know the basics in Puerto Rico; making rice, red beans ... maybe some chicken (I don't like beef x_x a lot)
But hey,
Cooking is a skill, some have the patience, and the talent,
other people lack that talent
and some are cooking ..."gods" *LMAO*

I don't have the patience X-P
but I WILL learn some day.... ^_^'

page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next » 240 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.