Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is it wrong if a girl can't cook? - Minitokyo

Is it wrong if a girl can't cook?

page 3 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next » 240 total items

I can't cook to save my life and I'm a girl. At the moment I don't have the patience but I WILL learn some day. The only thing I can do is boil water to make pasta.

No its not wrong if a girl can't cook :) Some people just have diffrent hobbies, not all girls usally can cook.

Of course it does not matter whether a girl can cook or not. There has to be a trade off at some point. We can't be and excel at everything in this life. If a man expects you to be a great cook than you should expect the same from him. I am a woman and I know how to cook just because I want to survive off of more than just ramen noodles, mac and cheese, grilled cheese, takeout, and frozen meals. My ability to cook was not motivated by the idea that in the future I was going to be required to cook wonderful meals for whatever man is lucky enough to marry me, it is for myself only. So my answer to your questions is NO!

Exterminator

Exterminator

Exterminator

There is nothing wrong with a girl that cant cook, if she is willing to spend time to learn, then thats good. If she doesnt, then thats good. As long as people find a way to conquer the hunger problem, its all good.

Bloodlust

Bloodlust

of course not, do you really believe in this stereotype ? or maybe its a matter of culture in some country, hell if I know, but here in canada, no need to both girls and boys attend such course in school

Signature

as long as she has instant noodles^^

Melodyfpf

Melodyfpf

Murderous princess..

lol though i am a girl but i noe how to cook :)
not tt i am showing off but i think it is gd at least to noe how to cook a bit

Signature
I'm back! :D

I am a girl myself and i would like to learn some cooking as a girl, i tink tis may help me in some occassion or maybe when i get married... I can`t possibly ask my family to keep on eating outside.... And as a girl isn`t it quite proud to knw how to cook? But this is my personal view~~

I can't cook well.. it's actually more like experimenting.. anyway I cook to save up some money since I live away from my parents.

'' live life to the fullest''

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's wrong, but it is a definite bonus. On the same criteria its a bonus if the man can cook as well.

My sister was taught by my mother and at some stage she just took over. But her skills weren't close to my mother's. I (a guy) admit that I can't cook dishes the whole week thhrough (I have never been taught, not, I admit, that I have been ancious to learn), but I can prepare certain dishes.

Its not, IMO, a case of right or wrong, but it certainly does have its positive points. But the same goes to boys who can cook.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Kyuoto

Kyuoto

Engineered buddy

It's been said, it's a bonus to have it. I would say that it isn't wrong, it is just in the "process" of learning.

No. I can cook, or there are excellent restaurants here in Brasilia (laughs).

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

*shrugs* Well, I can't cook to save my life. That is, I know how to follow cook book instructions. I also know how to do really simple stuff, like boil and egg or make a pizza or put butter in a pan and fry some meat. But I have no talent at cooking, and neither do I enjoy cooking. Right now that's okay, because I live in a flat with my boyfriend who happens to be a good cook and who enjoys cooking anyway.

However, in saying that... I think its bad if a girl can't cook - as in, can't even boil some water or follow some really simple intructions - because I don't know about you girls out there but I want to be independant. Which means that if I do end up living on my own simewhere, I don't want to have to have instant noodles and toast every night.

I want to marry a dude that can cook, do my hair, and pick out nice clothes with me...since I'm not good at any one of those things. But it should never be any sex's assigned task to do anything. People are meant to choose whatever they want. Girls should not be expected to be able to cook, anymore than guys should be. But again: BONUS if either one can cook!

~Life only throws at you, what it thinks you can handle.~

How is knowing how to cook a requirement for being a girl? Huh?
It really pisses me off when my parents call me 'broken' in Vietnamese simply because I haven't done something right, e.g. cooking (I generally burn everything; in my defence, if I don't burn it then I undercook it. So which one is safer may I ask?).

How is not being able to cook a deficency? Just because you can't do something doesn't mean you're 'broken'.

Yea, it'd be good if SOMEONE in the household can cook, but by no means does it mean that the household is 'broken' or the people in it are 'unfortunate' because the woman doesn't cook.
Anyone can whip something up, food is food, and dispite food being all that spiritual healing crap, it's not as important to be able to cook as everyone makes it out to be!

Besides, my hypocratic father always says that the best chiefs in the world are male; so why the hell is that women are the ones who are supposed to cook?!

(P.S: In the defence of my parents so they don't seem like complete ogres, the word 'broken' in Vietnamese probaly means many things, I just don't have the cultural experience to understand it properly. Still, it translates as 'broken' and that is really pissy.)

himura088

himura088

~Smile

I don't think it's wrong.. Most of my classmates can't cook anyway.. But we'll learn it gradually? I think it's quite fun to cook though I"m not very good at it.. XD

Kenichi

Kenichi

Retired MT Member

when it comes to a girl living on her own then yes.
of course not all girls are safe to live on their own, perverts are everywhere..

everyone should know how to cook.. at least be able to make rice.
don't everyone have to eat everyday?

Signature

bleach-rukia217

bleach-rukia217

.xxxx::Always happy::xxxx.

I think it is not really wrong if a girl can't cook...
Coz... Husbands can also do housework and the wife can go work instead...
But I think it is better to learn some basic cooking in case...
Coz... We need to be indepentent...
And if your wife/husband is sick... You don't expect him/her to cook for you, don't you?

.::Do you believe in love at first sight?::.

lolx it is best the my girl doesn't know how to or even try... i dun want to be some test subject....

men are the best cooks...so no,dunt think its wrong

Signature
Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep.

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

Nothing wrong... just going to have a lot of take out thats all.

Besides, she can always learn. Ain't hard.

Learning little by little.
Signature

well, it's not really good that you can't cook, not because you're a girl and therefore you should cook but because it's pretty much a bad idea to not be able to cook unless (1) you live at home and your parents cook for you (2) your significant other cooks for you (3) you have shitload of money and you go out to eat or you have chef. But, generally speaking, if you can read a simple recipe and make something using that that's edible & you don't burn down the house, you're probably fine until you get up the patience to cook enough that you can improvise.

I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with a girl who can't cook per say; It would just be nice if a girl could; It is just that most societies are cultrually defined and controlled by the males, who are too lazy to cook and say that women should do the cooking. I really wouldn't mind if my wife could not cook, because I enjoy cooking anyway; It would just be nice not having to cook all the time. Not only that, cooking is cheaper. In any case, I think everyone should learn to cook, males and females. It really is not that hard, just start out with something simple like spaghetti. Oh and of course, if you have it available, watch the food network. Yes, I know they always cook extravagant meals and such, but they all use general rules of cooking. If you can, watch Alton Brown's show, he explains most of what he is doing, why he is doing it and what happens when he does it, so you fully understand the process and am not just following directions but applying your new knowledge.

And as a side note: I hope you are using already cooked rice for the fried rice. You don't have to, it's just that already cooked rice, preferably a few hours in advanced, will not have as much moisture and will soak up the flavors from the other ingredients. Also, since the rice is already cooked, you just need to cook all the other ingredients first and drop the rice in after just to heat it up. But of course, I am sure you knew that already =P If you need any help or tips with cooking, just send me a message and I will be glad to help.

*edit*: Don't feel ashamed with using a rice cooker to make rice. Personally, I think rice cookers make the best rice. However, I grew up with making rice in a clay pot, which always creates a layer of crisp rice cake at the bottom that is undeniably the reason why I use a clay pot to cook rice. When I lived in the college dorms (I wish I still did, it was so fun -_-) I did not have our clay pot with us and my room mate and I just used his rice cooker which worked out perfectly fine.

Signature Image

Nothing wrong with that, that's what restaurants are for :)

page 3 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next » 240 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.