Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ideas needed. - Minitokyo

Ideas needed.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Our Utmost For the Highest..

Well just as the title said,I desperately need ideas for this wallpaper,I know the background is extremely simple and I don't know what to put in it anymore..Thank you for you suggestions..*bows*

Peace Among the Waters
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v504/UltimaVI/th_WP3.jpg

It doesn't hurt to have company by your side.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

First of all, "simple" isn't neccessarily a bad thing. Check out some of the featured walls at Simple-ism and you'll see what I mean. Sometimes simple is better than over-complicated you know :)

Anyway, about your wall. I like the colour scheme, it fits with the scan really well. However, I'm not too fond of your water. It looks filtered with some default effects, and doesn't make that much sense. Are you trying for a more turbulent water theme or a kind of "flower floating on calm water" type thing? If you want to make the water turbulent, how about creating some waves instead of just using swirls? For a calmer water, again, you don't need those swirls.

Also, the style of the water clashes with the style of the flower. The flower looks clean and sharp (almost a vectored feel), while the water looks blurred and filtered. So either soften the flower a bit (not too much), or make your water look more vectored.

And don't forget to add some shading/reflection under the flower to make it look like it's on the water.

One more thing, I'm not sure where the girl is standing... Is she in the water? Or on the shore next to the water?

Good luck!

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Our Utmost For the Highest..

Both the water and the flower are brushes,I had to put the flower onto a white background and lasso it so that it won't look transparent as for the water..I'm lost,and I place the water and the flower as the background like a zoom towards that particular side of the lake,it's actually like she is standing in a boat watching over the particular side of the lake.

It doesn't hurt to have company by your side.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

ah I see, she's supposed to be standing in a boat.. um, in that case, your perspective looks odd. maybe lower the water and actually add a horizon and a sky to it (like maybe one-third down from the top). I still don't know why the water has such huge and noticeable ripples yet the flower stays so still...

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.