Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why delete wallpapers long after they have been submitted? - Minitokyo

Why delete wallpapers long after they have been submitted?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

I recently just checked my PM box and I found out that my 'Pay attention' wall was deleted. I submitted that weeks ago! Before that happened I submitted some scans that were deleted a hour or so after I submitted them. That is more understandable. What I can't understand is why delete a wallpaper after so many people have faved it. I am a college student, I don't all the time in the world to make wallpapers, and when I do I would like people to see them. Also because it was deleted all of those 'thanks for the fav' posts are now a complete waste of time and effort. Why not give a time limit for a person to change the wallpaper to a better quaility, and enable moderators to let the person know what should be changed before it is deleted.

Aside from that, is there a way that the moderators or administrators delete the thumbnails from searches? There were quite a few wallpapers that I wanted to look at, but most of them were deleted. It is quite annoying to see a thumbnail that looks attractive, but you click on it and it has been deleted.

!~* Best Friends Forever = Kaisui Tatsu ~ thingperson ~ PinkPrincessLacus *~!
Administrator of FFVV and Make-a-Friend
Signature Image

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

As we have stated many times with questions like these the gallery is large and we are only human. We miss things on occasion we can't help that we can't be on all the time and look at every gallery item that is submitted. Added to the fact that it matters not how many favs a gallery item gets.

The gallery mods don't notify people messages with changes they think should be made because so many things are submitted every single day that there would be no way for the mods to keep track of what should have been changed and if it had been changed.

No there is no way that's why the hide quarantined items option was implemented. Simply check that off and you shouldn't be able to see any quarantined items.

This is also why we highly encourage all members to create a thread in the Sandbox to get others critiques and to see if anything needs to be changed/added.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

So are you saying that not a single moderator has seen my wall a whole month after is was submitted? It was a rather eye catching one with the pinks and blues, and everything else around it wasn't so brightly colored. I also had some other wallpapers that were deleted months after I had submitted them.

I guess from now on in order for me to get anything to stay all of my walls are going to have to go through the sandbox first. Why not make that default for everyone's submissions so that there won't be a wasted effort on the wallers part to thank everyone for the favs and comments and what not. If there is already permission for the wallpaper to be in the gallery then there should be a need to delete submissions. Unless it is a scan and someone wants to submitt it at a higher quality.

!~* Best Friends Forever = Kaisui Tatsu ~ thingperson ~ PinkPrincessLacus *~!
Administrator of FFVV and Make-a-Friend
Signature Image

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

Quote: So are you saying that not a single moderator has seen my wall a whole month after is was submitted? It was a rather eye catching one with the pinks and blues, and everything else around it wasn't so brightly colored. I also had some other wallpapers that were deleted months after I had submitted them.

Yes I think that's what he just stated. We can also decide to go back on our first judgement.

If you want to discuss the way the gallery is moderated I suggest you open a thread in the "discuss about MiniTokyo" forum section. I think this matter has been cleared, you have your answer.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.