Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My op about Art vs. Design - Minitokyo

My op about Art vs. Design

page 1 of 1 2 total items

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

I think that the outcome of both of them may look exactly the same. The only difference is the motivation why you do it. If you are doing it for money or according to a special request on how it should look, it's design. And if you didn't have to make it how you did and the choices are voluntary, expressing yourself, then it's art. Which actually fits on what I did and posted here. See the difference: If I make a smiley icon, it's a design: There is some target requirement on the smiley's expression and I really cannot do anything revolutional. However, when it comes to walling, I don't have to do anything, or I can do it complex. The whole appearance depends on me and it doesn't have to be particularly useful. An opinion isn't defined to be true.
EDIT: The smiley is design, because the vB code is assigned to an expression in some predefined way and the resulting image must have certain properties like resolution (too small), bit depth, format - all defined by the scripts used.

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

I get the basic idea
, but for the smiley thing, I'm still confused :? Isn't that supposed to be an expression of yourself? Then would't it be an art?

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

page 1 of 1 2 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.