Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Newer Video Formats? (For Fansubs) - Minitokyo

Newer Video Formats? (For Fansubs)

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Lunstar

Lunstar

Formatted...and learning

Recently alot fansubs are releasing new formats using different codecs which are said to be better than divx. Does anyone know among H264 and XviD codecs used which is the better format in terms or video and auido quality? I heard both were better than divx, but which is the better one among them?

Many Thanks in Advance!

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

the h264 codec is used for high quality stuff and high quality widescreen type of shows mainly

Signature Image

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

H.264 is usually for a HD rip, Xvid...about the same as divx I think it just has better compression so file sizes are smaller. H.264 I have problems playing some of them, like the really High Definition ones...and I have one helluva setup to play it on...I usually just stick with the Xvid releases as the quality is usually still good.

Well, head on here for most of the info u need XD.

Lunstar

Lunstar

Formatted...and learning

Quote by RazorPhoenixWell, head on here for most of the info u need XD.

Eh...does't really say anything about differences in quality...Btw so h264 is HD quality but its harder to play due to the its quality while Xvid is easier to play? Their quality differences are unnoticable on screen?

dMp

dMp

^___________^

the differences are noticeable. i don't know about the audio though (which i don't really care much about audio quality anways), but the h264 video quality is better than xvid. find a series that comes in both formats and watch to see it for yourself.

H.264 is also known as MPEG-4 Part 10.
Just linke Mp3 is known as Mpeg 1 Layer 3.
It's a video standard fore hi-res and Hd.
Xvid is an open codec.
Also Xvid is an Mpeg codec like H.264. Xvid is very similar with DivX.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.