Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Does anyone truly remember Outlaw star? - Minitokyo

Does anyone truly remember Outlaw star?

Tagged under Outlaw Star

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

I went around to all my friends who used to watch toonami when outlaw star was first on, and about a quirter of them ever remebered watching it. Only after having them watch it again some odd years later did they finally remember what I had been rambaling on about.
To me outlaw star was one of the first true animes I had seen and one of three that got me hooked on anime.
I'm just trying to see if anyone remembers this classic when it aired on cartoon network years ago.

Heck Ya!
I love Outlaw Star! I remember trying to see it again after it left toonami, but it it really effing hard to find around here. That was when i was first getting into anime as well. Outlaw Satar is definitly one of my favorite anime's but one that has, unfortunatly, faded into obscurity. :(
I have been trying to buy the series lately but i really have a spending problem so it will have to come later. :P

o44

Antidepressant-chan

Ah yes, Outlaw Star.
I still have the VHS of the first three episodes somewhere, dubbed, which I got from the bargain bin of the nearest video rental place.

<3 Good times. I really should finish it sometime.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Actually I got in on DVD and did not watch it on Toonami but I do remember the series quite well. I enjoyed it quite a bit with the mix it had (tech, sci-fi, fantasy, magic, comedy, etc.....)

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

NewLondenion

NewLondenion

Chairman of Side 7

I first watched a few episodes when it was still on Toonami. Later I got the whole DVD set and love the series even more. Too bad there's not much stuff on Toonami now that Naruto has gone mainstream and the only good anime is on Adult Swim. Cartoon Network should seriously consider bringing back Outlaw Star since they done the same with DBZ for years.

Ranga

Ranga

I am, I.

I wish they would make a second season

You say I fool myself
But better me than being a fool for some one else

inuyashalove04

inuyashalove04

inuai-chan

I remember watching it on Toonami. I got the DVD box set a couple years ago, and I still watch it even know. It's good to watch to get my mind off of other things. I can watch it and not pay much attention to it and still know what's going on; I've seen it that many times. I love it, it's one of my fave animes.

Signature Image
"I personally believe that each of us was put here for a purpose-- to build not to destroy. If I can make people smile, then I have served my purpose for God." - Red Skelton

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

outlaw star owns. i downloaded it so yes i remeber it to almost every detail. haha

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

I have the whole series, but never watched it on toonami. I love it and probably will watch it agine soon, it was an awesome anime with a fun story line and ideas.

Game programmer and Anime freak

It was horrible on Toonami lol Alot of animes...they just seem to edit them so horribly...you can normally tell that they are swearing but they really change it with "darn" or "curse it" lol. I loved Outlaw Star though :-) I got it on DVD now

i remember a few episodes though i never did see it on Toonami... i mostly saw it on some random channal...i think my friend has all of the episodes on dvd to that was an awsome anime

GearStalker05

GearStalker05

En Memoria

I remember watching Outlaw Star on Toonami and Adult Swim. I guess that's what motivated me to buy the series on DVD. Totally awesome anime; I still like to go back and watch the series every now and then.

As for the edits, some of them weren't that bad. It did catch me off guard when I found out that CN cut out an entire eposide, though. (The infamous 'hot-springs' episode.)

Signature Image
You got what you wanted...but you got what you hate...

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

What was really funny was that the hot springs episode really wasn't all that racy by today's standards except for a couple of minor scenes.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

SP1R1T

rogue

finally someone brings up this amazing anime
i was like 10 when it came out but it was AMAZING
i was sad when i missed the like final episode :(

My shadows the only one that walks beside me

Definately! I remember seeing like one episode on T.V. and quite a few others off my best friend who owns the dvds. ahhh makes me want to go over to her house and watch it some more. I never did see the end. v-v

BladeSummers

BladeSummers

One Winged Angel

Outlaw. . .
Star. . .
?
OOOOHHHHhh yea. . .
That one. . .
Good times, goood times.

The question is how you can forget about outlaw star. That was one of the beast anime ever they should have made more. GO OUTLAW STAR!

merged: 11-16-2006 ~ 04:13am
and back them that toonami was the beast out of them all. GO TOONAMI YAAAAAAAA! :)

this is mine, this is yours, this is mine, this is yours,this is mine, this is yours.......
XGI

OHHH YEA! 90's TOONAMI ANIME!
Back in the day boys and girls Toonami was cool, they played all the good anime, reguardless how morally bad it was at the core (they would butcher it anyway). Outlaw Star, was by the standards of several of my colleagues (anime club buddies) and myself, one of the best, well rounded action anime ever created in the history of the divine art of anime. It had just about EVERYTHING. Now we have to mourn the loss of it and know that countless generations will never know of its greatness, and instead be subjected to less than perfect anime such as Naruto (acctually not that bad, but Toonami these days has mutilated anime unfortunately, and it seems that all may be lost...). But no matter who you are, like animefreak223 said, IF YOU EVER SEE IT YOU WILL NEVER FORGET THE MAJESTY THAT GRACED YOU OCULAR RECEPTORS!

EarthAngel1

EarthAngel1

Hero's Aren't born their made

Yeah anyone who loved a good adventure mixed with comedy and toonami on the weekdays. will remember that series good thing about the series now is you can get the whole box set for 30 bucks now.

how can one forget outlaw star?
it's pretty much one of the unheard-of legends.

hitsugaya18

hitsugaya18

Ice Swordsman

*smiles and sees he is not alone* this series got hooked to me because of the first ending. i remember getting out of school turning on cartoon networkand there the song was, i never knew what series it was until i found a blank tape and recorded it. i loved ot from the start. such an awesome series it is just unfortunate that there are so very few wallpapers of it out there. <3 melphina and aisha.

I've always loved outlaw star! I remember watching it on cartoon network and I've never forgotten it! I just got the uncut box set last year in fact.

Rejection=Depression

I remember seeing outlaw star. I remember that I thought it was great. I also remember that I didn't see as much as I would have liked...

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

Outlaw Star is such a fun series to watch, the over-the-top characters are too pleasant and Gene Starwind is pretty awesome.

LONG CONVERSATIONS
BESIDE BLOOMING LILIES
JOYS OF LIFE ON THE ROAD
-basho-

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.