Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Sexist article in relation to case in Malaysia - Minitokyo

Sexist article in relation to case in Malaysia

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 52 total items

I'll like to hear what you guys think about this:

Enter The Mind Of The Sexist Man (from The Star by jcyh1981)
Women please, I beg you to to stop wearing skimpy clothes.
Spagetthi straps and tube tops are definitely out. They will only cause the men to ogle at you and we might get sore eyes.
Remember we are the ones working hard to bring back bread to be put on the table. So, don't distract us from our work.
Bikinis or swimming suit? No way! If this continues, we will have no more swimming champions in the men's category as we will be too busy looking at you at the practice. Short skirts? Have you forgotten that they can attract CCTV cameras to zoom in on you? People won't sympatise with you because you actually deserve it.
Some women who cover up still get raped, you say? Don't blame us. You should know this kind of instinct and desire can't be controlled. What to do?
It must've been something that you do to cause you to get this kind of treatment. Just think-maybe it's the way you walk or smile, or maybe the way you move your arms.
I think the best way for you to do is to stay at home. Don't go out. As all of us know , a woman's place is at home.
Actually it doesn't matter whether you are covered or uncovered. You are all potential prey.
Count your blessings if a predator walks past you and shows no interest. But then sorry if it decides to devour you. Shoot the beast? But they are made like that. You can't just go against nature.
Women really do cause a lot of trouble. Maybe the world would be a better place without them.

What I think: Whoever wrote this, he has to be out of his friggin mind. In other words, he is saying that men are animals, which is degrading to men and insulting to women. Bring back bread? Dude, it's the 2006! Wake up dude! Women work and some even lead now. I can't believe there are still idiots like this living in this "supposedly modern world". Maybe the world is a better place without people like him. And we won't sympatise with him.

This post is regarding the case in Malaysia
post edited for language

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

BladeSummers

BladeSummers

One Winged Angel

Ok. Now I can see why he would say this. This is the moral conscious mind of a good man. But yes he is talking about men as a whole, thats not good.
But I have to say I agree with the guy. But leave the men out of it.

Women. Get a clue. If your going to wear skimpy, sexual clothing, don't expect anything but attention from men who are lusting after you. Don't expect anything you were expecting, basicly.

Bloodlust

Bloodlust

pwaaa, this gotta be the stupidest text ever. some religious crap behind this for sure.

Signature

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

The guy is gay and a fag, definitely a 4channer...
LOL, I am posting this in /b/
I do agree he is an idiot, by sounding by the intonation of the reading words, I think he is actually joking, there is too much deliberate faggotry here to prove its truthfulness, although these can be found everywhere.
Don't worry, no one would write this shit for real, I am quite positive is a fellow with nothing better to do than to make unfunny jokes. (including a part of it copied from Ray Charles' I got a woman song)

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

What you should do is carry around a shotgun with you, and if a predator comes by, you blow his head off ;)

cheerio!

Kenichi

Kenichi

Retired MT Member

the guy needs to get laid..

sure there maybe a lot of untractive people.. he shouldn't be so sexist and should learn to STOP STARING AT OTHER PEOPLE. this guy is more then a sexist..

Signature

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

Quote by DevildudeThe guy is gay and a fag

(this may look like im targetting you but its not, i just keep on stumbling on stupid stuff you write)

And you think calling someone who's obviously not homosexual gay and fag makes you look intelligent? Targetting the gay community as an insult, and just the fact of insulting someone doesn't make you better than him. In fact, it lowers you to his level of irrespect.

this also applies to Milkiyo who "censured" her insults.

tl;dr

Signature Image

BladeSummers

BladeSummers

One Winged Angel

Quote by DevildudeThe guy is gay and a fag, definitely a 4channer...
LOL, I am posting this in /b/
I do agree he is an idiot, by sounding by the intonation of the reading words, I think he is actually joking, there is too much deliberate faggotry here to prove its truthfulness, although these can be found everywhere.
Don't worry, no one would write this shit for real, I am quite positive is a fellow with nothing better to do than to make unfunny jokes. (including a part of it copied from Ray Charles' I got a woman song)

Wow. . .

Great. . .

We have wannabe gang member. . .
Unless he is a member, then it makes sense.

cardmage

cardmage

After you

Cool down and read the article again. If you ask me, the person who wrote this probably wanted to deliver the message that sexism is derogratory for both men and women. Even the title of the article seems to say that. And it does hit several points rather accurately. Essentially, the article is saying (not entirely subtlely) that making women out to be objects/prey existing only to satisfy your desires would make men as low as beasts. Its trying to say how ridiculous sexism is. (who doesn't agree the article quoted by milkiyo is ridiculous?) Most people here commented on the article as is though. I think the title "Enter the mind of a sexist man" is a good cue that its not to be taken as is. Contextually, it'll actually be telling people not to be sexist instead of actually promoting sexism.

Life is tranquil, Death is peaceful...
Signature
Its the transition that is troublesome...

;_; sorry..I calmed down and realized that my anger got ahead of me. I'll ease on the insults.

regarding what cardmage said, the title is not written by him, it's published by the newspaper. Oh..and what that guy commented on is actually about the case that a woman went to report about a cctv guy that focused the cctv on her thighs but instead got reprimanded that she shouldn't lure him. But she was actually wearing proper office attire and the skirt is below her knees.
isn't that absurd?

Signature

cardmage

cardmage

After you

Haha... then you would realise the newspaper quoted him in order to say what I said right? Either way, the article is completely ridiculous and anyone who wrote it in all seriousness is insulting himself more than he is anyone else. But who is to say... I mean there are all sorts of people out there, so don't be particularly livid just because someone said something ridiculous. If enough people agree with you that this person is ridiculous its he who needs help, not you. I'm particularly against the point that the person makes that we should blame the woman for things like rape. But thanks for clarifying the source. Its another ridiculous person I can poke fun at.

Life is tranquil, Death is peaceful...
Signature
Its the transition that is troublesome...

This is definitely a satirical piece of writing. Do you honestly believe a newspaper or magazine would publish this piece unless it was satire? He/She (I do not know the gender of the writer, could be female) is mocking this idea by members of society who believe that women who are sexually victimized somehow instigated it. If all men that are turned on by sexy clothing are expected to resort to rape, than I am assuming that every man in the world would be a rapist by now. The author is trying to make a point, women do not go around asking for it and not all men lose control and pounce on a woman like "prey". The author is essentially poking fun at this "she asked for it" belief. What I do not like about this piece is the vast array of intrpretations concerning the author's intentions. This kind of talk interpreted by a very literal minded individual could be dangerous. Overall a good piece of satire but has a very large margin of interpretation.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Okay for future reference for all members watch the language. I don't care how upset you are about what you see/hear. We still have rules about posting. All I will say is take the fowl language somewhere else.

I have edited both the title and your first post Milkiyo.
I will say this only once. Please do not let this happen again or a formal warning will be issued. So please next time try and cool down first and then make the thread.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Well, at least SOMEONE understood that this is most likely a satirical piece. And those of you who actually took this seriously, DO try to read between the lines. Stop taking everything you read on the internet at face value.

I agree with everything, except that "women should stop wearing skimpy clothes". Is this guy out of his damn mind? Yes, men do bring home the bread and bacon, unless they're deadbeats or something, but that's why we need more women wearing more skimpy clothes. We need that distraction. And who knows? Maybe, if we're lucky, we'll hook up with some of these scantily-clad babes along the way, which would keep the marriage from falling apart (as long as the wife doesn't find out) because we wouldn't have to sleep with the same woman over and over again. Yes, men are animals. And that's why we need to prey. So please, women, if you want the economy to keep rolling so you can get 20% off your shoe purchases, SHAKE IT!

Akane-baka

Akane-baka

~*Ebil baka*~

wow...this guy is really stupid. Women have the right to wear whatever and do whatever they want. Whoever this guy is, he's just someone who somehow thinks that Women stays home and do all the cooking cleaning, etc...

FYI, while it is published in a newspaper, the entry is from a blog.

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

Quote by cardmageCool down and read the article again. If you ask me, the person who wrote this probably wanted to deliver the message that sexism is derogratory for both men and women. Even the title of the article seems to say that. And it does hit several points rather accurately. Essentially, the article is saying (not entirely subtlely) that making women out to be objects/prey existing only to satisfy your desires would make men as low as beasts. Its trying to say how ridiculous sexism is. (who doesn't agree the article quoted by milkiyo is ridiculous?) Most people here commented on the article as is though. I think the title "Enter the mind of a sexist man" is a good cue that its not to be taken as is. Contextually, it'll actually be telling people not to be sexist instead of actually promoting sexism.

i agree with you. that author was just pointing out what's in a pervert sexist guy's mind, and that's an unavoidable fact. (i've read this The Star newspaper article since early in that morning [and it's a good morning start for me to exersize my mouth by laughing. o.k, cut my crap.] and i'm rather unamused.) i know how hurts it is read every single words there, but here's a more painful points:

#. men are really almost lustful. a sight of skimpy dress makes them turned ON in split seconds.

#. men are likely the worst creature ever be on earth. they commit rape more than animals did. (the fact that animals mate seasonally only, not anytime)

#. egoism is the main reason why men are like this. it's just the evil side of that which projects the sexism

#. temptations make men lose control of their state of minds, making them turned into devils, thinking pleasures are more important until they finished sinning, they become humans back

but on the brighter note, there's a need of gender understanding so that men will hold responsibilities and pay more attention to the opposite sex's welfare. in additional, it's the common stereotypes and traditional upbringing that make sexism stronger in men's mindsets.

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

Rosegirl18

Rosegirl18

^O^~ Rosegirl18 ~^O^

I am absolutely shocked by this...

Sexism is common. Sexism is normal, but not normal. It's just that sort of topic that people (excluding feminists) ignore, because we've just seen it way too much.
But what is really angering me is the fact that a guy suggests that we stay at home to protect ourselves from rape, and that a rape case is not the offender's fault in the way that they are lured by the "prey."
What is an ego? Someone tell me what it is, because I'm not understanding it. It's just self-pride. Many people have self-pride. Don't make it into such a huge deal because every male seems to have it. They might not. Who knows? Who cares? What does it have to do with an innocent or non innocent woman being stripped of her dignity, privacy, and free-will for the absence of a wrongdoing to her offender?
Temptation, pride, lust - all of this exist, and lies more noticibly in the male mind. But none of this is an excuse for rape, or any discriminatory act against any human being.

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

don't forget, temptation, pride, lust does exist naturally, but the evil side does contribute to that, though not the main cause. and i'm not talking about that egoism in general (obviously that's important to men too, but....).

let's focus on this: a rape case is not the offender's fault in the way that they are lured by the "prey." how FACT is this? if otherwise, what's the cause will you mean? o.k, that is the general opinion, perhaps unfair, lame excuse. i know, i know, that's hurting to blame solely on females, but isn't that reason part of the cause? the main problem is that most society uses that reason as the MAIN cause without considering others. it's just an easy (the easiest) excuse to escape.

reasons vary, and various. there's a need for co-operation and mutual understanding. by nature, it's also men's uncontroltable fault

note: i'm not sexist, but neutral

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

Mmm..who is he to judge -_- guys r allowed to go shirtless when girls cant do that, even wearing a spaghetti strap,tube be judged and called prey and u deserved to be raped rarara...N anyways, females have desires and stuff and we dont go saying guys should be less attractive (maybe some do but meh) -_- just control urself and respect others...without ruining others lives...lol

\(^o^)/

Quote by kiopiFYI, while it is published in a newspaper, the entry is from a blog.

where? you have the link?

well, I've thought thoroughly about this comment and I guess people thinking like this can be very dangerous and could be the predators themselves but...it could also be the people who just analyse the minds of the predators from a "sexist" perspective. I'm not really against what he thinks but the way he put it now. I guess there are still people like this and always will no matter how civilised this world supposedly is.

Signature

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Our Utmost For the Highest..

Yowzers!I didn't know somebody posted something like that in The Star newspaper,my goodness,I think the guy is off his rocker!Okay,I can't deny the fact women sometimes does attrat a lot of attention by the way they dress,but that article is clearly insulting women.We,girls/women have the right to wear what we wish to wear and nobody has the right to tell us off.Why blame it on the women?Why can't we blame it on the men(no offense)?I accept the fact that sometimes it is our fault but the way the guy put it,really angers me..

It doesn't hurt to have company by your side.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 52 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.