Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Have you Lost Faith in Sony? - Minitokyo

Have you Lost Faith in Sony?

Have you lost faith in Sony?

Yes
10 votes
No
20 votes
Sony should burn in hell
6 votes
Never
6 votes
Throw a PS3 off a bridge
1 votes
I'm getting a Wii
10 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 43 total items

I heard that Grand Turismo HD is pput off now. They are working on GT5 more seriously now.

Quote by MiniMogPersonally, no, I haven't lost faith in Sony. Sure, they've done a few things I'm not too impressed with, but hey, that's the way of games console producers! They're bound to do something one person or the other doesn't agree with. Trying to make EVERYONE happy would be impossible.

However doing things that make EVERYONE unhappy is just stupid, and its what all 3 console makers did, but Sony the most. Lying to your customers and stockholders is unnacceptable, but you just put it down to something that had to be done? I think not, this isn't the way of console producers, or at least it shouldn't be.

BladeSummers

BladeSummers

One Winged Angel

Quote by akuma2002There's nothing surprising, this is a new system, with new technology, so it's expensive. The problem is easily solvable : if you think it's too expensive, don't buy it.

I remember the ps2 release in france. the price was about the same, and there was nearly riots to get one.
So, no, i'm not losing faith in sony, since i didn't have a single bit of faith in them to being with. Gaming systems become good if they have good games.
And since i'm a rpg player, i always buy the system which'll give me a lot of rpgs. Meaning : the sony gaming systems. Enough for me to say that i'll buy one next year.

I agree with your point. If you don't like the price, then don't buy it.

The reason I think everyone is freakin out over it, is the huge leap from $300 to $600. I believe the jump from PS1 to PS2 was only $100. Sony just raised the price a little to much, to fast. I think most consoles in the future will cost that much. But not today.

Another reason, including the huge price tag, is the not so much change in graphics between the Xbox 360 to PS3. Yes the PS3 is better, but there's not a huge difference in quality. Sony says that it much better, but their just yanking everyones chains. I know the tech in HD DVD, I also know the tech in Blue-ray. There Is Not A Lot Of Difference!

. . .
I'm done.

no :)

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Darktekya

Darktekya

Anime Lover

HAHAHAHAHAHA..... well having "faith" on a company is a very relative issue. I think that there is not a perfect company ot that you can trust thinking that never is going to fail.

Sony has done well, it has make a lot of mistakes too, but has been able to "fly" beside the problems.

Always judge something from it's beginning is not very clever, there is a quote that says that the most important in a race is not your first step but the last one.

So we have to wait and see, of course you cannot ignore a few "nonsense" situations around the PS3, but Sony is not the first and neither the last company that will make this kind of "mistakes".

So, let's wait and watch...

Can sin be forgiven? Cloud Strife

ShasoArc

ShasoArc

Shattered Slayer

Sony let the entire psp communtiy when it axed the homebrew on its handheld, and killing Lik-Sang did myself and every japanese game importer a grave disservice. The PS3 is an amazing bit of technology, and if you have access to ti and are willing to camp stores for a new shipment, then get one. But overall Sony has lost me pover the years . . .

Signature

itsbigdan

itsbigdan

life or hell?

well i think most people lost thier fate in Sony. I mean ever since the ps2 vs the original xbox . the games for the xbox is quite a class than the ps2, which has influence the ps2 customers. Now the xbox2 (360) has shown the quality of a game in it's texture, thus forcing people minds on the xbox2 rather on the new ps3, which is a shame

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Sony punched in a state-of-the-art videocard for its PS3 release. But recently, Nvidia (PS3's videocard manufacturer) launched a new flagship videocard twice much more powerful than the one installed in the PS3, and with just the same cost.

A pity they released everything too late. I'm sticking to my PC. I'll just wait for that hell-of-a-price tag to drop if ever they make a game worth playing.

That is kinda true, when PS3 was first shown it was the most powerful piece of gaming hardware around, but by this years E3, the best looking games on show was a PC game (Crysis), not a PS3 game, if they'd launched alongside the 360 things would have probably been a lot more positive, but even not it seems they are struggling to have software ready.

i really never liked sony, but what they did with PS3 is just over kill, and from what I'm hearing alot of the day one concels have alot of bugs in them.

IBM said 'the future of PC is the closet'.
Microsoft made Windows ME.
SGI filed a Chapter 11.
I haven't lost faith in these great companies. Like us, they made mistakes. And they recovered from their mistakes effects. I think the same about Sony. Except for one thing: I still hope to see Sony turning its PS3 a high-performance workstation instead of only a game console. It has hardware enough for the task.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

Consider it's a long run for the future. Right now, HDTV and Blu-Ray are still rare and not a common things that everyone can afford, but things will change in the future, when they can reduce the price of those things, then PS3 maybe your choice. As you can see, some titles on PS2 need 2 or 3 DVDs for the whole game, like .Hack//G.U, so it's not a bad idea to move into new generation. Furthermore, no one says you must have a HDTV in order to play a PS3, one of my friend still play on his normal 21" TV, and it's really not that bad, though it looks like it only improves a little bit compare to the PS2.
Still....I'll wait for 1 or 2 more year, when it's stable.

Quote by leonardobarbaIBM said 'the future of PC is the closet'.
Microsoft made Windows ME.
SGI filed a Chapter 11.
I haven't lost faith in these great companies. Like us, they made mistakes. And they recovered from their mistakes effects. I think the same about Sony. Except for one thing: I still hope to see Sony turning its PS3 a high-performance workstation instead of only a game console. It has hardware enough for the task.

Its not the same, IBM, Microsoft, they never blamed the consumers, sure they made mistakes, but they didn't blame them on the consumers. That is what Sony is doing, they are blaming US for their mistakes, the PS3 isn't to expensive - we aren't working hard enough, our music CDs aren't crippled - the consumers are to dumb to know any better, the list goes on, Sony has no respect for its customers, that is where the problem lies.

Suikoden has always been played on Sony's PS...(though not restricted to it) So yeah, PS3 ftw. I bought PS2 just to play Suikoden 3, rofl. So basically, I just buy whichever console plays Suikoden, and stop buying them when there's no more Suikoden. Simple enough for me. XD

No, I haven't lost "faith" in Sony in the sense that I don't think their products are well worth owning -- I've gotten an awful lot of enjoyment out of my PS2 (and PSX) games over the years and it was far and away the "winner" last year in terms of which system saw the most use in my household. I'm really not loyal to any one brand per se, but I am hoping that I'll eventually own, and enjoy the PS3 just as much as I did their last console.

That said, Sony could probably use more than a little humbling. Several of their business decisions as of late have been terrible, and whether they admit it or not, their customer relations seem to be in need of some serious repair. Even Microsoft, who's ever-fighting their fair share of negative press/perceptions, seem to at least attempt to sensitive to some of the complaints, etc. that have been leveled towards the Xbox 360, and have opened up a dialogue of sorts with fans over them as well as steps to try and correct them. I've really not seen Sony take that kind of initiative, and it sure couldn't hurt!

Still, I'm hoping to see improvement...and, as I said, I look forward to owning and enjoying the heck out of the PS3 several months down the road.

Quote by MifuyuuSuikoden has always been played on Sony's PS...(though not restricted to it) So yeah, PS3 ftw. I bought PS2 just to play Suikoden 3, rofl. So basically, I just buy whichever console plays Suikoden, and stop buying them when there's no more Suikoden. Simple enough for me. XD

I supposed you missed the rumour that the new Sudoiken wasn't going to be PS3 exclusive.

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

I still got faith in Sony, but Playstation is going down like hell. Blu-ray device, expensive stuff and all that stuff. It will be too much to pay in the end. You can get a XBox 360 AND Wii for the price of the PS3, and still save up some money. With that you can use to buy other stuff for the console. And if the price is that expensive, then Sony must overestimate all the buyers. We cant afford to that stuff, at least I cant (and then they have already lost ONE customer ;)).

Signature Image

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

I was a little pissed off at the fact that sony did not make Killzone 2 a launch title but there still making it so I'm cool, though the price of the console is a bit high we pay for quality and not quantity everyday so deal with it and Microsoft and Nintendo don't have nothing on sony watch and see even with not so hot launch titles it still blows the competition out of the water.

Signature
-DragonKnight of the Flame Kingdom-

Killzone 2, another reason I've lost faith in Sony. That is they use pre-rendered video and try to pretend thats what the gameplay will be like, sure everyone does it sometimes as that is sometimes the best you can do (say if the game isn't ready yet), but Sony does it all the time.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 43 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.