Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The more we argue? - Minitokyo

The more we argue?

Think this is true?

Yes
7 votes
Somewhat
12 votes
No
4 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 32 total items

o0Beginner0o

o0Beginner0o

B for Beginner

matters really, in my opinion it's who the person is yelling and the person who is being yelled "at", the person who is yelling is clearly angry and most of the time doesn't realise what he is doing since what his thinking is all over the place. The person who is being yelled at would probably then just hate the person, but soon would either get over it and move on or be all stubborn and remember for awhile, trust i know many people who are like this and i think i'm one of them*lol*. but hey, everyone has to forgive and forget sometime even if it takes many years.

Signature Imagei'm happy you're happy everyone is happy isn't that the best?

hehe... I consider myself an argumentative (sp?) person and I looove a good argue a.k.a "discussion". I usually don't get very irritated or mad at other people, maybe agitated because of the "heat" of the discussion. If I ever get mad, or irritated, then it's because the people I argue with don't really know how to argue, or aren't very open minded.

This happens eveeeeeery day with one of my best friends. He is soooo (ummm how can I say this) mind-closed? hehe you get the point, I hope you do... So we're constantly arguing about stupid things to the point where we stand up and shake our arms and hands like we want to squeeze the other's neck till it snaps or something, but generally (this may sound very self-centered or naive of me) HE is the source of all this...

I'll give ya a short, based-on-a-true-stroy example:

Me:"So... you remember those Ninjitsu classes I attended?"
Him:"It's ninjutsu, with a U not an I."
Me:"It's the same thing, both are correct and accetped."
Him:"No man! I read on the internet that it's ninjuuuutsu."
Me:"Yeah I know you did. But you only searched in one place, you have to look in several places to have a good idea of the thing."
Him:"No! The place where I looked is AAALWAYS right on the things I research about!"
Me: Yes I know it's a very good source, but it can't always be right, or sometimes it's partially right."
Him:"NOOOOOOO! blah blah blah blah!"

etc. etc. etc. and it could go on and on for days...

So... what good is there in arguing if you are not going to be open minded about things?

That questions I just asked... I consider the WHOLE SOURCE OF TROUBLE IN PRESENT DAYS... yeah... intolerance, racism, wars, etc. are all because people only like to hear what they agree with, and just SCREW everything else...

yup, that's the truth, at least my version of it...

peace out peeps...

I think there is some truth to how arguments can lead to negative feelings (I'd say resentment in particular). It doesn't always have to be that way, but I think it happens a lot possibly because:

* people aren't respectful
This probably ties into the ego issue, it's when someone is so self assured that they're right and, most importantly, view & treat those who disagree as idiots. People generally aren't happy about being treated with disrespect, and so it can lead to anger and insults.

* people respond in an aggravating manner (The more general form that includes what's above)
A person (maybe not intentionally) could aggravate/frustrate another (ex. by being evasive, by having a lecturing/talking-down-to tone). Once aggravated, that other person can end up venting back or just have feelings of dislike/hatred.

* the topic is a personally sensitive one
I'm not sure, but isn't there a saying about how talking about issues like religion and politics will most certainly lead to conflict?
I take this to mean that conflict arises because these issues are very personal ones. Issues that people feel very strongly about, sometimes to the point that they feel it defines them, and might be very sensitive about.
If someone's sensitive on a topic, when their viewpoint is put into question that individual might get defensive and feel like they're being attacked/criticized. And so this sense of being cornered/out-numbered/etc. leads to bitterness/hate towards the one hurting them.

Yep so that sorta sums up my guesses. :pacman:

I dont end up hating cause I like to argue and hear other peoples opinion.but I can see it causing hating I think people just really want to be understood and when others are not seeing their side its upsetting.

Signature Image

Well, I'm gonna add some stuff that can cause one's feeling towards others.
For one, since everyone has emotions (hopefully) they should have all of these, love, hate, greed, happiness, selfishness (ego, pride), anger, and so on if I didn't really list all of them.

One emotion fuels the other, example, if you love (like or whatever) a certain belief of yours of your side or you have strong opinions you start to fuel up your ego. Then since once your ego starts to build up and if the other side doesn't agree usually, you'd keep on going and hate/anger will arise (I don't think anger).

There are other things that causes/leads one emotion to another but the example above is a general one.

Sometimes I think this world would be so much better if there sometimes were no emotions, but that means no progress, and the whole world would be boring...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

It depends why and how you argue. Arguing can be a fantastic way to discover new information by putting together and contesting the information you already know. On the other hand it can certainly be destrctive as suggested.

Well yeah. I think so. Hatred and angers are not good emotions to feel. It only makes you stressed out and live shorter. So the best way is to abandon it. In an argument the one who gets angry first is the one who loses. My good advice is: first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. That way you don't need to hate anyone.

it is in the human nature to contradict. if we come to think of it people are never satisfied enough, even when they have what the craved for. So trying not to argue or saying it's bad to do it is naturally and utterly impossible. Even if you consider your opinion to be the correct one, at one point one comes to wonder if it is trully so. So no matter how much we ...argue about it...:)...there remains only one true topic here. How to argue.
There are ways and ways of holding on to one's convictions and sustaining them to the fullest or not.
There is the common-sense that should never be forgotten. And in it's limits arguments should hold place.
(there's also this saying: "you're free to do whatever you like as long as your freedom does not traspass another's".)
there could me much more to say about this...

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 32 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.