Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Kanon - Flowers In Winter Bloom (Questions) - Minitokyo

Kanon - Flowers In Winter Bloom (Questions)

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

bj0rn

bj0rn

Apostle Of Fate

Kanon - Flowers In Winter Bloom

with reference to this, I see quite alot of walls, that are scan cleaned into walls and yet being accepted. Why is this so?

I had a hard time fixing up the background too. T_T

Signature

hofodomo01

hofodomo01

lol wut

You could upload via imageshack or something? It links to a gallery item, which taking into account your problem, is quarantined...

Signature Image
Grand Thoft Auto

I suggest to colorize the wall and re-submit post... maybe! ^_^
Don't know if in this way it can be accepted! :)
Or more, add light effects (for exemple with photoshop)...

you have examples of the other walls too? perhaps they're painted or something?

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

bj0rn

bj0rn

Apostle Of Fate

Quote by fluke

Quote by bj0rnKanon - Flowers In Winter Bloom

with reference to this, I see quite alot of walls, that are scan cleaned into walls and yet being accepted. Why is this so?

I had a hard time fixing up the background too. T_T

I think you see that a lot at AP, but not here. I see Nat and RedXIII do a lot of fixer up scans and turn em into walls like you did but most of theirs don't make it on here (or they know not to submit them.) The main reason they aren't allowed is I think, it just boils down to creativity. It's expected that everyone clean the scans they use in their wallpapers...but beyond that there was nothing original in your wallpaper. So it's not a question if you did a good job cleaning it, you most certainly did xD...there's just no originality to it.

If you do see walls where you question if its just a scan with nothing extra to it, report it, thats the best way to go.

well~ this is according to fluke. So i suppose they are the few?

Signature

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

Personally I draw the line between add-on & converting scan work and just recolouring job. If you worked around with some scan parts, played with them and replaced in a different composition, or added details, elements or you personal touch I accept it. But when it's really just a cleaned scan, imo it can be submitted as a scan.

hofodomo01

hofodomo01

lol wut

well after checking the thumb on your userpage...
it looks like a very well cleaned scan, but also looks like something i could've done in like, 5 minutes.

so ask yourself this: is it really a functional wallpaper?
not only is it clean and high quality, but is it artwork that will "sit well" on somebody's computer desktop? At the VERY LEAST, at least add some textures and *well designed* text to complement it.

in order to add some creativity, try changing the scene to a night scene or something. brush some fog...add a moon, or starry background...there's plenty of tutorials on the web for that...

Signature Image
Grand Thoft Auto

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.