Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Customs - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Well we're a week before december (:D yupi!), and in my comunity, well all over the state of Veracruz, we celebrate something called "la rama" (the branch). This tradition consist of decorating a branch from a pine or a normal tree with x-mas ornaments and singing traditional carols in every neighbourhood house with the purpose of obtainig treats or money from the house owner. This tradition starts on December 16th lasts until the night before of 24th. It is a very nice tradition becuse it gathers friends and family together to go out and sing together.

Why do I mention it?..well at high school we have a competition about this carols of the "rama" I've been practicing since..?mmm:\?..a while ago^_^', and also because I would like to know if ther is something that only your comunity celebrate or..I don't know something you do during december, apart of x-mas and new year celebrations...

well its not in my community....well i guess, but more like in my culture....so in my culture ur last name is a plays a big part in life...first off u can marry anyone u like as long as they don't have the same last name, that includes 1st cuzzins too.....aniwaise....we have the new year celebration for yang's(my last name)well actually we have it for all last name....and its jux this realli huge party cuz yangs r the biggest clan out of hmongs ppl!even ppl who rn't hmong yangs go out to the party...funnie...we also have a hmong new year for all hmong ppl, well other ppl can cum too...but its realli fun^^

Kohana-Ami

Kohana-Ami

Amii the Ripper

we have christmas... does that count... also my town has a parade every year. I can't really think of anything seeing as I live in North Carolina, Zebulon...

Signature

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.