Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why are we, humans on earth? - Minitokyo

Why are we, humans on earth?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

bleach-rukia217

bleach-rukia217

.xxxx::Always happy::xxxx.

I always wondered why are we on Earth... Are we needed on Earth?
So, everyone please tell me what you think...

.::Do you believe in love at first sight?::.

ether92

ether92

Missing that little Devil.

Good question, but I don't know the awnser, well, not exactly, but you wont believe it if i tell you, so I rather shut my mouth :X .

Signature
Hey... I was wondering, maybe after we die... will there be... cake?

asinine

asinine

++_Sleeveless Vampire_ ++

Even if there is an answer... we are not suppose to know that answer... we can make lots of hypothesis about this... but it all boils down to what happens to us when we pass over to the after-life... Are we reborn? But rest assure... you get an answer once you are dead...

At the end of the day, i would always turn around and say.... "Egao Saku... "
Signature
Co-Administrator of MTSingapore
<3 Me Luv U Sooo Muchi Hino-Chan!

Hmm. I dont really believe in anything, except the fact that we have no purpose. We are just organisms on the earth, living out our lives according to how we see fit, just as any other creature would. We die, and thus are no more, fullstop. I personally see it as a bit stupid, though logical, how people believe in an afterlife etc. The logic I can see behind it is that one needs to feel like everything they do is not in vain, and that there is a future ahead, even after death. People like to be able to feel like there is another chance at life.

But thats just me. :). Look for stuff on the net on existensialism, and the reason for life etc. Its discussed largely, and its pretty interesting.

merged: 11-29-2006 ~ 01:45pm
No offence to those that believe in that stuff btw :)

Simulation theory. ;D

Well, in my opinion, we aren't really needed on earth... We're destroying earth itself slowly already, we serve no purpose and have none.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

KitClairvoyance

KitClairvoyance

The Secret Cookie Hoarder

There are several established answers to this already, most of which rely on religion to explain our existence and purpose on Earth. I'll lay off this part for now.

And then, there is the evolution theory which states that the environment and a good bit of chance produced us humans on Earth. Now, if you ask me, I'd say our existence on Earth is one that is inevitable.

Consider the fact that the Earth has several millions, if not billions, species of animals roaming the Earth. It is only a matter of time before evolution makes one species dominant over the others. It's like if you put two competing species into a closed environment, eventually one species will gain the upper hand. The Earth is like that, except on a really grand scale. And it just so happened that we became the dominant species.

I don't think the Earth would be any better off if another species became dominant, say tigers evolved so they would be on the same stage as humans now. Thing is that a species always tries to preserve its own kind before other species. And once a species is dominant, it will take advantage of what the Earth has to offer, at the cost of other species.

No, there is no benevolent, all sharing species. Nature just happens to work this way.

Earth is a like a school which is exactly what life is. Our purpose in life is learn to and experience many things on the earth plane like gaining balance mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Which is why reincarnation and karma exist. Only when we truly grasp the purpose of life and become aware that we are spiritual beings and balance everything out. We would then be able to go to the celestial plane and live in a much higher energy level.

Steel is my body and fire is my blood. So as I pray... Unlimited Blade Works.

Silverwolf12

Silverwolf12

Ed's love

We are basicly a link off of chimps. A genetic mutation in there DNA is the result of us. But there are some other hominids that didn't make it.

KitClairvoyance

KitClairvoyance

The Secret Cookie Hoarder

Quote by OnimusaruWhich is why reincarnation and karma exist.

Now, first off, I do not mean any offense to either you or your belief. Really. I will not say they do not exist, but neither will I agree that they do. It depends on one's religious belief after all, but I don't think we should be so quick to make such an assumption.

we do not need to be on earth .
at least ,
not for forever .
i believe that ,
perhaps one day ,
in the future ,
a new planet may be found !
and we may all migrate to that planet !

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

Humans have no special purpose. We are just another species that popped out of the evolutionary tree. We are needed as part of the ecology just as all other species on this planet are. No more, no less.

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

I don't really have opinion on this question. I remember that in Sunday school the same question was asked and a little girl answered, "to tell other people of Jesus". Bit of a paradox don't you think (she was praised for her answer by the way).

Anyway, in the absence of a well thought out opinion (its like trying to think of the purpose of the earth, the universe etc. - to big for me) I feel drawn to daftvader's and KitClairvoyance's explanations. Others might have said basically the same but their's were the best worded and explained.

We as a species happend by some chance and evolved past the others. We just are. We don't have a purpose or reason. This attitude of course have some serious religious implications - a topic I don't dwell on. But it fits better with a more scientific aproach than with any religious conviction of your choice.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Our existence serves no real purpose. If every human were to simultaneously drop dead, it really wouldn't disrupt any natural phenomena or destabilise the ecosystem. Granted, every captive animal on the planet dies soon after from starvation, but there is no single species that exists exclusively in captivity, so no other species goes extinct either.

What's the matter with you, people?

EVOLUTION can explains us "HOW" we came here, but not "WHY". "Why" requires an answer that Science can't fully answer. Because it is a question both at personal level as it is as species.

WHY are YOU here? The answer is simple: YOU ARE HERE TO BE HAPPY. Now, the next questions are "how can I be happy?" "Where am I going to find happiness?"

Try it in your family. In your community. Try it with a single person who's in depression and needs help. Or that needs any kind of support. Make another person happy. And happyness will come to you. Maybe in small bits, maybe painfully and slowly, but it'll eventually come.

Is it you who needs help? No problem. Two people needing help can support each other.

Quote by BobaFett2haHumans have no special purpose. We are just another species that popped out of the evolutionary tree. We are needed as part of the ecology just as all other species on this planet are. No more, no less.

I think that as DarkRosefromHell stated, we're hardly part of the Ecology. We have misunderstood our place as dominant species, wich should be to protect and preserve. How can you help? How can you figth the great transnacionals and goverments that don't care about sending our planet to hell? Being Superman is not the answer. Plant threes. Protect abandoned or abused animals. Educate other people. Start with small things.

"No more, no less" is like washing our hands of all guilt, as Poncio Pilatos, and doing nothing.

Quote by KitClairvoyance I don't think the Earth would be any better off if another species became dominant, say tigers evolved so they would be on the same stage as humans now. Thing is that a species always tries to preserve its own kind before other species. And once a species is dominant, it will take advantage of what the Earth has to offer, at the cost of other species

No, there is no benevolent, all sharing species. Nature just happens to work this way.

What about YOUR BENEVOLENCE? Are you unable for being benevolent? Ok, that Humans are tricky and backstabbers? Granted. But you don't have to be that way. You can say "no" to the survival of the fittest. Show that Human mercifulness can override shelfiness.

Quote by Onimusaru
Earth is a like a school which is exactly what life is. Our purpose in life is learn to and experience many things on the earth plane like gaining balance mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Which is why reincarnation and karma exist. Only when we truly grasp the purpose of life and become aware that we are spiritual beings and balance everything out. We would then be able to go to the celestial plane and live in a much higher energy level.

Well, I'm religious, and I respect your point of view, FAR BRE FROM ME FOR BEING DISRESPECTFUL. But IMAGINE: as in the song, HOW IF WE ONLY HAVE ONE SHOT?

Ok, let's skip that. Now, we can learn from life. But, what for? What would be the ultimate meaning for that espiritual growth? WHAT ABOUT HELPING AND CARING FOR THE OTHER PEOPLE?

Not saying that there's anything wrong in your beliefs, but you have to be carefull with New Age kind of beliefs.

When someone embraces a religion, he/she has to embrace it all, with all its consecuences; not only what fits him/her. If yours is an oriental ancient religion, go ahead. But in New Age the problem comes when what you pick to believe only makes everything spin around you, and discards the rest. And then, it's only you that counts. What about what you can do for the others?

Quote by Espada
Our existence serves no real purpose. If every human were to simultaneously drop dead, it really wouldn't disrupt any natural phenomena or destabilise the ecosystem. Granted, every captive animal on the planet dies soon after from starvation, but there is no single species that exists exclusively in captivity, so no other species goes extinct either.

What a happy point of view! But if we all drop dead, believe or not, everything loses sense, even as life continues on Earth. Why? Because we're not here because ramdon. Evolution is Ok, but its ultimate explanation is not ramdom, even if it's used as a tool for mutation. What are the chances of life to happen? Now think, how are the chances of life making a being so intelligent? There's got to be a porpouse. That porpouse is that good people can override all evil and destruction that selfish and evil people do. How? There are your two hands. Your mouth, your talents.

MY POINT OF VIEW: WE ARE HERE TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE. IT'S A FIGTH.

Sorry for being sooo preachy. I can't help it.

My point of view is that Earth is just a testfield for every one that lives on it, that serves the porpouse of teaching everyone the things he/she need to learn.

But I also agree that the best way to use that knowledge is helping your relatives and triying to make them happier.

And as we are on a testfield, we usually make mistakes, but as long as we learn from them they are allright.

Signature
-+| Signature by me |+-

Agreed with Samurai-Jin

Quote by daftvaderHmm. I dont really believe in anything, except the fact that we have no purpose. We are just organisms on the earth, living out our lives according to how we see fit, just as any other creature would. We die, and thus are no more, fullstop. I personally see it as a bit stupid, though logical, how people believe in an afterlife etc. The logic I can see behind it is that one needs to feel like everything they do is not in vain, and that there is a future ahead, even after death. People like to be able to feel like there is another chance at life.

But thats just me. :). Look for stuff on the net on existensialism, and the reason for life etc. Its discussed largely, and its pretty interesting.

merged: 11-29-2006 ~ 01:45pm
No offence to those that believe in that stuff btw :)

No offensse taken. But what about HOPE? Don't think so fast that believing in an afterlife is that stupid. What if it's true?

50-50% of chances. Would you play them?

Pascal said once that you don't lose anything by living your life as a Christian (or, let's say any religion). If there's an afterlife, you'd be saved. If there isn't, at least you'll be remembered as a good person. :)

I have wondered about that question many times. As for whether we are needed on Earth...I believe that the world would go on even if we weren't here. If anything we are making the earth worse. But even we are part of nature so maybe this is the way things are supposed to be.
I have always thought that there has to be someone on this Earth that knows the answer to why we are here. There are so many people on this Earth that someone must know. If not I think that we will understand it some day. Maybe not thousands of years from now but some day. :)

fate, destiny,case, chaos...?

well we humans are on earth to live and survive. I answer a topic similiar to this before. Mostly all life forms are here to live and survive(from bacteria all the way up to humans). Think your yourself. Think about the many involuntary tasks your brain and your hearts does. Think about how if u hurt yourself u get well automatically healed and u yourself doesnt issue the command to heal. In fact think if a bacteria got umm hurt. It will try to repair itself just as a human does. I am not sure on religious reason to live but are fundamental purpose of humans is to live and survive just like the other organisms who inhabit this world.

merged: 11-30-2006 ~ 11:12am
Even if you try to well hurt yourself. You body doesnt listen to you and it wants to live so it repair the damage that u self-inflicted on yourself.

"Where's there is light, there's a shadow" (Hattori Hanzo from Samurai Warriors)

URanimEnigma

URanimEnigma

No substitute for experience.

Why are we humans here on Earth?

We were placed here. The answer is as obvious as it's correspondant question.
To merely survive is not the reason we exist but, it is what we are doing here on earth. The past philosophies are guidelines for finding more answers. With each answer there opens the door to another question. The journey is overcoming what would lead you astray and swallow you. Like war, there are sides that fight for survival. The victors have the right to evolve. Evolution is an answer. But not the answer to the final question. And what is the final question? Perhaps we shall know both it and the answer to it.

// URanimEnigma--

A writer, like an artist, can create.
An Artist, like a writer, can compose

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

Suffering.

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

hmm your opinion there there are indefinitely reason why we exist. I am just saying a definite thing that we humans do.

"Where's there is light, there's a shadow" (Hattori Hanzo from Samurai Warriors)

BobaFett2ha

BobaFett2ha

Mandalore

Quote by mireya2
No offensse taken. But what about HOPE? Don't think so fast that believing in an afterlife is that stupid. What if it's true?

50-50% of chances. Would you play them?

I think the odds of there being an afterlife are hardly 50-50. But regardless, in my opinion, the idea of an afterlife (and indeed, all of religion) fails Occam's Razor. If you're not familiar with it, by the way, the principle is "entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity." It's quite obvious how it should be applied here: afterlife, god, reliigion, etc are all unnecessary for explaining anything, and should just be disregarded.

Back to the thread topic, the assumption that humans have some sort of special purpose for existence is equally unnecessary and arbitrary, thus I disregard it as well.

"The ugly and thin cattle ate up the seven sleek and fat cattle." - Genesis 41:4

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.