Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ever convined a friend to watch anime? - Minitokyo

Ever convined a friend to watch anime?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 40 total items

Gabriele

Gabriele

It's just me

I was just asking if any of you people have friends who don't watch anime or they simply have no idea what it means, and you convinced them to watch anime. Have you done it and how do you do it?

I have friends who don't watch anime and I could convince only a few, the others are just too hard. They either care for one anime or not at all.
Just a few days ago I was able to convince a friend to watch yugioh, and she loves it! :D

So just asking if you have ever convinced a friend to watch anime.

Signature

Tenko-san

Tenko-san

The Destiny Warrior

Yeah, I have convinced a few of my mates to watch some anime. Not all. My friends are too picky, well one of them is. Lol. He only like Ecchi things, the most.

My other friends don't mind what it is, unless in their mind it's good.

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Two of my best friends started watching anime about the same time I did, but they are extremely selective viewers. While I watch any anime that I can get my hands on, they wil do other stuff and stay true to e.g. Bleach and (apparantly) nothing else.

Another friend was interested and I just supplied what I thought she would like. But she also were very selective.

But when I talk to other friends and the topic allows for me to mention that I'm an anime fan, then I would tell them how much I like it and that I can supply anything if they have any particular preferances.

But yes, I did convert one friend from a scratch by means of all the vampire movies and series, as well as Golden Boy and FLCL!

Hellsing is of course a great way to get new converts!

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

I actually managed to convince my friend to read some manga. ^_^V My non-otaku friends think that reading comics is childish...

Hey

Do online friends count? I got one into Death Note.
But I haven't' really converted my rl friends to anime... because a lot of them already watch anime, and the rest don't really mind it either way.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

haha i convinced my fren to watch gundam seed by saying that the anime got mecha... at first she said she dun wanna watch but then she suddenly got hooked n i always talked to her during assembly

No, I haven't convinced anyone yet, but I was convinced about a half a year a go...

Yu-Gi-Oh? Nooo, man, you have to initiate them with something classier, like a movie as Spirited Away or Howl's Moving Castle. Or with a series as Kenshin.

kazahana

kazahana

IDW spartan no 3

Quote by queerisblueI actually managed to convince my friend to read some manga. ^_^V My non-otaku friends think that reading comics is childish...

yup same here. Man,, I've even got friends who hate anime T_T they really need anime

behold the power of AWD!!!
Signature
Member of Abyss-of-the-Sea
Wings-Lovers

i converted about 7~8 people. i first always explain that the are cool and crap animes>> " not every anime is like pokemon! " << :) , i also explain that for many animes the targeted audience is rather mature; not just for kids. Then i borrow (depending on person) either funny anime (Full Metal Panic Fumoffu) or pure-cool anime (Samurai Champloo). <<if they dont like it ( havent met a person who doesnt yet) i would then give up :)

I convinced my sister by showing her Cowboy Bebop ("Ballad of Fallen Angels" always works well).

When I came to college, I had to room in an all-girls dorm, and I only met one girl on my floor that actually watched anime. She also happened to be the only one that knew that anime extended beyond pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh. We would talk about it all the time at dinner, and my other friends would just give us funny looks as we talked about space cowboys, break-fighting samurai, and wicked awesome witch hunters. I told them they could stop by any time to watch, and they said they had better things to do than watch childish animation.

My one friend walked in one night when I was watching FMA. It was the episode where Scar had his first run in with Ed & Al, and blew the hole in Al's armor. She was standing in the doorway, complaining about something, so I held up my hand to shut her up. As this scene happened, I hear a gasp from behind me. She asked if he was dying, and she's been hooked since. We're now roommates. We hold anime parties on a regular basis.

That's pretty much how you do it. Find an anime based on their likes and let them watch it. There's just going to be some stubborn fools that won't watch anime . . .

i've convinced tons of friends to watch anime

Signature

A couple of them. Mwahaha, and now they're on the dark side!

Gabriele

Gabriele

It's just me

Hehe I see a lot of you had convince people to watch anime, I was wondering if it was hard to do so, since I can't really convince them to watch all the anime, just a specific series thats all.

Signature

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

I've had a few friends that watched anime with me but their interest was pretty limited and I've had a few friends that went out and started looking into more anime as well.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Oh, yeah! I've dragged a couple people into the fandom and gotten a few that already liked anime hopelessly obsessed with other series. I got a good friend of mine into Naruto and Full Metal Alchemist by letting her borrow my DVD's. Meh, she gets her revenge by getting me hooked on different fantasy and sci-fi books. It's beneficial for everyone!

SangoHiwatari28

SangoHiwatari28

The Road to Dawn

of course o-o!.....all begun with furuba's manga xD!.....the hard work was convined a friend who hate anime :O.....I borrowed her chobits...and now she loves chii-chan ;)

As I softly sing your name to myself...

Nope. Actually, i was the one who was convinced to watch anime.

Yeah, my best friend, she was searching for a DVD to watch and I lended her Ayashino Ceres DVD and the next morning she can't stop talking about it, she said animes were soo cool.

I convinced a friend to watch anime and he loved it, but he just wont sit down and watch it all that often in-less it is on tv. He hates that most of my collection is only subed.

I just have a hard time getting some of my friends to watch things because the judge them by the title. ex. "Kiddy Grade".

Game programmer and Anime freak

X-P X-P X-P HEHEHE~! x_x
I convinced/tricked my friend to into watching gravitation :pacman: :pacman: >=0000000~~~~~!
Now he knows what yaoi is like >=0000000~~~~~! >=0!

My Best friend hates Shounen-ai/yoai (well not hate but she's not a fan of it) And i had heard of Gravitation and had only finished the first episode (I didnt kno Shuu-chan was a boy XP) so I told her about it, sent her pictures, and somehow we both ended up loving it (but she still hates shounen-ai lol). I normally just tell her the anime/manga i had just saw, tell her a lil bit bout the story, and send her videos or pics so she can watch it. She's not picky...she'll normally watch wutever I watch

I've done both... convince a friend to watch anime...and convince a friend to watch a 'certain' anime.. ;p

I convinced my friend Yuri to watch GTO and now it's his favorite series ;p
I convinced my friend Mike to watch anime... and although he's not as big a fan as he was back in the day... he at least sees Anime in a different light compared to American Comics ;p

merged: 02-26-2007 ~ 04:40am
Yeah...:idrathi: and :kaisergirl:....you'd be the people my girlfriend would like..and i'd hate..-_-... I almost got tricked into watching Gravitation.... man... i was like...wait is that a girl?...or a guy? whoWAITWHAT?.. *turned off computer very fast*....;_;(scarred for life)

ellymate

loveless angel

oh ya my friend Nita and now she loves anime like i do :D

Be wacky , be crazy , be silly , be random cuz life is too short to BE COOL!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 40 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.