Do You Buy The Manga, Even If You Seen The Anime?

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 138 total items

gel-chan

gel-chan

Pastaaaa <3

Cancel

Me? Never really bought mangas... Too damn expensive... How 'bout you guys? Just wondering

Edit!
My dad buys it for me. He's in the US right now. I currently have Death Note vol.6-10 and Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho vol.1-2. I haven't seen Death Note yet (the anime). And Pixie Pop is a recent manga so it still doesn't have an anime version (i think)...

Another Edit!
I recently bought a manga on sale. I already saw its anime but I still bought it. I just cant resist! XD The title's Samurai Deeper Kyo. :)

Signature
"My last sig quote was rather plain so I changed it to something cool like this."
Wings-Lovers Administrator, Doujinshi-Support-Club Contestant & The-Ultimate-Coordinator Moderator

kashikosa

kashikosa

~Perfect in my own way~

Cancel

I try to buy mangas everytime I can afford them. For now I have bought all mangas selled in Poland, and I stardted to buy from the US... now THAT'S expensive. I really like reading manga and prefers books to downloaded chapters... So I took up a job (tutor) just to afford to buy 4-5 books per month. ^_^'

founder of: Vectory
Signature

Cancel

Oh, yes. I really love to read original Japanese mangas and I buy it a lot on regular basis. When you get to my level of addiction it truely is very expensive. Lately, I started to order big chunk of my mangas from Amazon Japan and my last order set me back about $300.

• Dec 04, 2006

chisaikame

chisaikame

happy camper o^^o

Cancel

yes they are crazy expensive here- but i dl them. XD cheers gel-chan! XD

ego vici mundum

• Dec 04, 2006

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Our Utmost For the Highest..

Cancel

Yes,I will because the manga is more detailed..well,depending on where I buy them,if I buy the English version,I'll be bankrupt within weeks..so I buy the translated version,in Malay..T.T I really want to hammer the person who translated them because they used the wrong Malay..T.T

Signature Image
I'm a member of:Wings-Lovers,F-o-E Feathers of Eternity,Sakura-Cherry blossom,Paradise-Kiss ,Kawaii-Doujin-PLayground,Dreaming-No-Tsuki
Admin:WhitePurity
It doesn't hurt to have company by your side.

BlueAngel17

BlueAngel17

In The Clouds

Cancel

it's expensive here, and some titles aren't available in our country, so i prefer scanlations instead.

Signature
Love it? Click HERE to view my wall site. ^^

ZhuangQuan

ZhuangQuan

Believe in What You Believe

Cancel

Yes, even thought I have already seen the anime I still want to read the manga. Cuz' mangas are more detailed then the anime. But here they sell manga with a crazy prize so it is a bit hard.

• Dec 04, 2006

drastikhate

drastikhate

Plead Insanity

Cancel

nope. its cheaper to watch. I only buy when it's very good.

Cancel

Don't buy them > read them online. I only have a manga of gits as a gift from a friend. I preffer manga over anime... does this answer god enough? ;p

To fly beyond ones dreams ...

• Dec 04, 2006

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

Cancel

hahax..! yup i do, it's like a thing for me to collect the whole collection especially when i like the anime alot, i'll go find the manga and buy everything, like a fan mechadise kind of thing, must get everything! oh expensive? not really, in my country manga is quite cheap! ^^

Signature Image

Cancel

I usual do, Just to see the show in its paper form. Not to mention i am obsessed ^^

• Dec 04, 2006

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Cancel

Hehe... I only buy the manga if I really love the series and want to support the artist. Otherwise I just read the manga in the bookstore... X-P

Signature Image

bame

bame

~coccinelle~

Cancel

Yes. I think it's like "the book is better than the film".
But mangas are so damn expensive >_<'

Cancel

yes i do, most of the time the manga has a different story than the anime and sometime just more detailed, and so they are expensive i have about ..... (goes to count)... 111 books thats about +$1108.89 X-P.

SangoHiwatari28

SangoHiwatari28

The Road to Dawn

Cancel

Yes I do :O.....i like anime and manga, even if they are almost the same.....here isn't really expensive, I buy 3vol. per week o.<....

As I softly sing your name to myself...

Cancel

i'll download a manga if i can find it. I'm too lazy to read most of the time, though and they are too expensive to buy.

Signature

Cancel

Yes. =^.^= I buy the manga and watch the anime. The most I've spent on buying manga would be about around $750 I think... The least I've spent on manga would be about $650. And I've been shopping for mangas about 5 times only in this year. So yeah. =^.^= But this most I've spent on anime (I buy the box sets) is about maybe $100?

• Dec 05, 2006

vieovis

vieovis

And again I am alone

Cancel

I'll buy the manga regardless if its too much money...I'll just eat less ^_^ though i would like to lower prices because at $10.50-15.90 its waay too expencive though i do not regret a single penny *chuckle*

Every time that I'm alone
I'm pulled to the fire
Why is the sun round
Why don't I get healthy

• Dec 05, 2006
Cancel

For me if I read the manga I almost always go buy the show. Even though there are differences I still liking watching the show and comparing to the book. But sometimes I do the reverse also. When I started One Piece I had to buy the mangas and they have broke me now.

• Dec 05, 2006
Cancel

Yeah there are some series that the anime is shortened, in that cases i always watch the manga.

• Dec 05, 2006
Cancel

Quote by vieovisI'll buy the manga regardless if its too much money...I'll just eat less ^_^ though i would like to lower prices because at $10.50-15.90 its waay too expencive though i do not regret a single penny *chuckle*

at my country it will cost $1.5-$2.5 ( Rp.11.000,- ~ Rp. 22.000,-)
for a single book so it will not kill me even the salary at here low.

But sometimes the manga series a little bit too late from another country. (but all the book in Indonesian Languange so don't expect to much)

• Dec 07, 2006

metalhead

metalhead

chinese ink martial artist

Cancel

I buy the manga first and then I watch the anime,it is true that the manga iits more detailed.I have seen American versions of manga titles like tenjou tenge or another manga,tand hat they cut many scences,like in the anime they do ,I know that the companies want kids to buy to ,but it is always bad to do that dont u think?
I have been living in mexico and they dont touch anything in the manga ,they only translate it of course,they keep the original manga as how it has been published in japan,and its cool cuz u know every thing that happens in the story.And for ex in the american version of tenjou tenge they change many dialogues,they dont translate it well,for example they change many sexual and violent comments,I mean the story has to be as it is ,or not--?And the mexican versions of manga are pretty cool thought ,even the anime stays how it is.Whtdo u think?

merged: 12-07-2006 ~ 01:12pm
But I love manga!

The world is a pizza pie...Yeah!

• Dec 07, 2006
Cancel

Yup =p
If the anime's really good I end up buying the manga >__<
I download them and if I like it I go to the nearest Manga store lol.
Boy, does manga make my wallet bleed =x

• Dec 07, 2006
Cancel

If the anime's really good then I buy the manga. Most buy the manga to know the actual story since animes sometimes leaves scenes out.

• Dec 07, 2006

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 138 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.