Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Elfen Lied Wallpaper - Minitokyo

Elfen Lied Wallpaper

page 1 of 1 6 total items

noirnw

noirnw

Shin no Noir

Here goes!

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9185/elfenliedrs6.th.jpg

Wasn't really planning on submitting this since I was just playing around . . . so I decided to place this here. Comments would be much appreciated :)

Edit: Maybe I might just submit it afterall if it seems ok. ^^;

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

The scan seems neatly extracted but, though I like the colors, the bg... I dunno. It's not simple, but it's not detailed enough for me (this is just my opinion, obviously) so I think it'd be fine if you submitted it. Perhaps some sort of gradient in the bg, so that it goes with the lighting of the scan?

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

noirnw

noirnw

Shin no Noir

Ok, I'll see what I can change. Thanks for the comment :)

URanimEnigma

URanimEnigma

No substitute for experience.

Well, I'm not so good at telling others what would be better, since I'm not that great a waller myself. But, I can tell you what I get out of it.

I was once told that a scan that is just cut and pasted into a wall isn't that creative. I haven't had much success doing anything different though. Anyway, the background has the matching color which reflects the mood of the scan and the type of anime its from. I can see that there is a design in the background that repeats itself in several places and they are blurred. To me, that would seem like someone is dazed looking into a deep illusion. The image of the girl seems to be the only thing clear enough to make out. In other words, it reminds me of an attack. Can't say much more though.

A writer, like an artist, can create.
An Artist, like a writer, can compose

My 2 cents worth -
Something with the background seems "missing", try improving on the details.
Character is cleanly extracted, and pretty nicely blended in.
A blurred background and clear character makes it contrasting.
Overall, lacking in details... try adding more details and "substance" to it, I'm sure it will turn out nicely. :)

I think its trying do too much at once, the scanlines, the blur effects the generic text.

Maybe you should try having the background look as it its reacting to her, much like visualisers react to changes in the music. That way Lucy wouldn't simply be on top of the background, but rather blended into it. Try leaving a black area around her then using the red lines to eccentualte her stance and position.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.