Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is this ready for submission? - Minitokyo

Is this ready for submission?

page 1 of 1 16 total items

uyo

uyo

yihsieh

The idea behind this wall is that this is what one of the faceless man would see right before they die from getting shot by her.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/8305/noirwallv4yz8.jpg

Any comments would be appreciated, and thanks for the help.

pretty good I think ^^'

I like. are you going to put a saying in there?

nice

uyo

uyo

yihsieh

Thanks for the comments, and no, I do not think I will put text. I personally do not like texts and I can not think of anything meaningful to say. Anyways, is there anything else I should do to improve this quality wise or conceptually?

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

The scan is neatly extracted and the bg looks good too.
Those beams of light are a bit distracting, as are those tiny little gray dots (rain drops?) though.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

uyo

uyo

yihsieh

Ok, I tend to agree with the unnecessary dots and beams, so I took out all those stuff.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6758/noirwallv5my3.jpg

Anyways, I think there is something missing in the wall, but I do not know what is though.

Again thanks for any help.

KOKUJINDESU

KOKUJINDESU

TYRONE-KUN

I agree with you UYO--there's something that could take it over the top...but what?
Were I you, I would browse some of the highlighted and elite walls to see what qualities might be absent.
Good luck and great job so far!

"We are but spiritual creatures enacting a physical existence."

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Hmm, I would get rid of the lens glare as well. It's too bright and distracting. I think lens glares should be used sparingly (if at all) in wallpapers. The bright spot at the tip of the gun can stay though.

Also, with regards to the background, it doesn't look like it fits with her too much in terms of style. Because the background is a photograph, and she's drawn in a less-realistic anime cell-shaded style, it seems that she's just superimposed onto the scenery instead of actually being in it. I would suggest you filter out the details in the photograph, and do some hue adjustments either in the photograph or the scan to make them fit together more.

Also, there's a slight problem with the lighting in terms of direction. With the background, the light source is coming from behind her (ie coming towards you), that means she would be a silhouette (esp with the lens glare emphasizing that)....

Your extraction is excellent though. Good luck!

uyo

uyo

yihsieh

Thanks for the comments. They were really helpful.

I made another version before I read your comments, and I suppose this new version is lacking some of the stuff you guys mentioned... for example, there is the lens flare.

Anyways, the main difference now is that I have rotated it slightly, so it is more interesting. The person has fallen now and is looking at his murderer from his side.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7612/noirbigversion22newgk1.jpg

So please critic this again and tell me all the little/ big tihngs I need to fix.

Those pink dots are blood splatters on his eyes... uh, I just thought it looked kinda empty without something.

Again, thanks for any comments.

KOKUJINDESU

KOKUJINDESU

TYRONE-KUN

I still like it (a lot) but it's very disorienting as it is with her in that corner. the background helps re orient you but the first thing you do when you see that wallie is turn your head to the side!
I don't mind the pink dots--my only thought is, not so many of them. they could serve to re achieve balance but they'd have to be placed purposely.
I also agree with the idea that the scan and the BG need to be adjusted so they blend a little better.
Good job so far!

"We are but spiritual creatures enacting a physical existence."

cassandraronald

cassandraronald

..+Arashi Arashi for dream+..

yeah I think that you should sumbit it ^^
it looks really nice XD
you just need to do some blending and you're done :)
but if you say that the dots are ment to be blood, then should they not be red?
hope I didnt offended you
good job^^

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

ACK! NEEDS MOAR LENS FLARES >.>;

seriously, get rid of the lens flares all together, they are unnecessary and most of the t ime pointless.

You can get decent lighting effects without slapping in a lens flare. If i were you, i'd go back and rethink and maybe even look up tutorials on how to do certain things just to get what you want across

The last thing they see getting shot? well it could be seeing the bullet before it hits them? the gun smoke? any number of things.

That red blur/wind effect type stuff, i think i know what you are trying to do, but it looks just too slapped on maybe? Try and blend it in a bit better maybe.

OVerall, the concept is a good idea but the process and work needs to be worked on.

Signature Image

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

If you go with the side shot it needs to look more like she just fired (wisp of smoke coming from gun) and the entire scene needs to be tilted not just Kirika.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

uyo

uyo

yihsieh

Wow, thanks everyone for all the really really helpful suggestions and comments.

Ok, lets see, quite some changes: http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2149/noirvpk5.jpg

First, I agree that sideways is way too disorienting, so I have changed it to a slighter rotation.

LENS FLARES are out. How's the new lighting? Does it look all right?
I added a sort of grainy effect to the scan and bg as well, hoping to tie them up with that.

Also, I took out the motion blur reddish things. In its place, I just had red dots... now that its red not pink, it should be more obvious that they are blood. The blood spot at the corner is also necessary to hide the missing Kirika legs.

Last thing I did was just add some smoke and gun light... not so confident about the smoke...

So comments and suggetions are much appreciated.

merged: 12-09-2006 ~ 08:16am
Ok so I submitted.

Thanks so much for your comments.

the second wall ^^

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.