Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which monitor type is better, LCD or CRT - Minitokyo

Which monitor type is better, LCD or CRT

CRT or LCD?

LCD
100 votes
CRT
19 votes

Only members can vote.

page 3 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 186 total items

info-0

info-0

Hellgate operator

Haha. Funny. I still work on 19" CRT monitor.

I wouldn't switch it for LCD if it wasn't for that one: http://www.justechn.com/2008/06/10/hp-dreamcolor-lp2480zx-lcd-display

That's the best monitor you can get (color reproduction is a hefty 1 billion colors. 10x more then CRT can display!).

Yeah it's a monitor made in co-op with DreamWorks ;). The price is also not that BIG for that CLASS of hardware ;).

...::The only easy day was yesterday::...

i wll be saying LCD, much more better to look at, more space. get a 22inch lcd if u can..

Recently upgraded from a 19" Sony (Trinitron) to a 27" Wide-screen Dell (*VA-panel) and am liking it. Image is undoubtedly sharper, colours more robust and size/weight small for its size. Out of the box the display was over-saturated and over-bright but nothing twiddling with the controls can't fix. I'm not noticing any ghosting nor any input lags *VA panels are notorious for. Watching shows on this big screen never fails to impress. ;)

If I could point out what the CRT still does better (from my personal perspective and my usage pattern), it is Viewing angle. LCDs, especially cheaper TN-panels, suffer from gamma and colour shifts when you move to different spots. The Dell exhibits significant gamma shift when I look at it from a standing-up position. IPS-panels supposedly do not suffer from this but they are expensive (that HP screen linked above is an IPS screen, albeit a high-end one) and they are still not perfect.

The native resolution thing can suck too if you have a large-resolution display but a lowly PC that cannot play games at decent frame rates at that resolution. Colour reproduction is supposed to be superior on CRTs but is not something a casual user like me notice. In fact, LCDs tend to make animations look more colourful (more saturated) which usually is to the liking of their target audience, which is many of us.

Nonetheless manufacturers and ultimately mainstream market have largely moved on to LCDs. As much as I love that Trinitron picture, it's impossible to buy that technology new and at sizes larger than 21". If you are in the market for a new and bigger display, LCD will be your main choice.

Regards.

I'd say LCD all the way, it's much more flexible in terms of potential and projection capabilities
and plus..CRT are quite dangerous, they store the electricity in that box for months after you unplug it..

Men's Urban Clothing
[www.charmsky.ca]

KazamiHayato

KazamiHayato

全て勇気強さ持つの男

LCD monitor is better. When comes to that. It has ability of energy save for your electricity, it has Anti-Radiation of the screen and better quality than ordinary monitor. Torisu gari no Kamen Rider. Oboitoke! *Decade style*

Signature Image

Strike105X

Strike105X

ヒットハード&高速

I use a LG 19" LCD and i'm quite more happy with it then my Yiama 21" CRT,better quality imo and lot less stressfull on the eyes as well.

Signature

lcd for the space and energy

I used to have a CRT monitor then changed to an LCD after it broke and I couldn't be happier. The CRT would hurt my eyes after a while forcing me to look away for a few minutes T_T while you can just stare at LCD's forever(Now I know my eyes weren't hurting because I was sleepy but rather because of my monitor.). My old monitor was bulky and hard to move while the new one barely takes up any space at all despite being widescreen. That's another thing, widescreen CRT monitors hardly even exist.

LCD are lighter and smaller and CRT are dangerous to repair.

Signature Image

LCD has a better resolution than CRT consider like 1900x1080 in LCD compare with 1024x768 for CRT and the size of the screen is bigger than CRT some LCD can be massive screen size over 24" inch wide-screen with 1900x1080 res and with better response time 2 ms and electrically efficient than 19" inch CRT so for me I prefer LCD better than CRT don't you think so

yoo

LED!

CRT is old technology, which can be good if you have the right quality monitor. Its view can be clearer than LCD.
LCD is new technlogy that can be better than CRT if and only if the quality one. Its view can capture our eyes by cystal clear HD qualities (EYES CANDY) hehe :)

angell19

angell19

Sniper 19

LCD

CRT> LCD for colours
LCD> CRT for size and resolution
OLED> all current stuff
Laser> ALL

LZC

LZC

Mass of Contradictions

LCD. It just has too many pros over CRT.

Of course, looks like newer stuff (LED?) is already here. Think it's still LCD with a different light, though.

kyoushou

kyoushou

?????

in terms of eye care they say LCD
in terms of monitor life span, they say CRT
because LCD is limited to quite estimate of 60000 hours, search the net.

LCD is better. Better for your eyes because the LCD monitor didn't shoot light directly to your eyes (only a little light rather than CRT). But if you low on budget, CRT is cheaper. But, I recommend you to use LCD, because it is slim, not heavy, better for your eyes, and it looks nice.

Ippen Shinde Miru?

What's a question? If you work with color, then, of course, CRT. LCD on TN-matrix - the worst thing what I saw. If you want slim display with high resolution then LCD.
I use LCD too. But my monitor Samsung 193p+ on PVA. It's give me not the best quality of colors, but it much better then TN.
If you want and small weight and high resolution and quality of colors then you must buy LCD with S-IPS. But it cost much higher.

??. ?????.
Nanimo wakattanai

LCD, and wide screen are better. It's more suited to the human eye

For longer usage of PC, less radiation and for less power consumption, LCD is the best screen for PC and even TV's but for better screen resolution(for photo editing, etc.) CRT is the best monitor because of its high resolution and you can look at CRT in different angle without the dimming effect although it consumes more power and it has more radiation.

personally i love the LCD. i have a 24 inch dis continued moniter currently. great for gaming too! plays great for diablo and command and conquer.

MatildaIII

MatildaIII

still CRT because they said that just tweak some jacks from the monitor and viola! its a karaoke TV

The Moon....
The Bright Light
That Shines
Through the Dark

i love lcd, but i'm using crt :P :P

Sinistra

Sinistra

MT Fanatic

Sorry CRT fans, but I am going to have to go with LCD. you get more clarity out of an LCD then a CRT

anti-spammers | photoshop-lovers

page 3 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 186 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.