Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which monitor type is better, LCD or CRT - Minitokyo

Which monitor type is better, LCD or CRT

CRT or LCD?

LCD
100 votes
CRT
19 votes

Only members can vote.

page 6 of 8 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 186 total items

Shugotenshi-Alice

Broken Rag-Doll

Quote by stalker1908how about LED Monitor?

LED monitor yet to make it's big entrance so they are not quite popular as yet :P

but regarding to topic I say LCD, CRT is an eyesore due to it's poor saturation in color imo, try staring at one as the same time period you do a LCD you'll see

I really prefer an LCD

LCD is better ;)

CRT is for poor people, and I haven't used one since 1998. They're big, ugly, and the monitor flickering annoys me. LCDs are much easier for me, as it doesn't really matter about the colour hue changing when viewed at a different angel, I'm looking at it straight on, so no problem, and I have 3 atm, all pointed directly at me.
Dead pixels are of no concern either, that's what life-time warranty is for, which you can get from any decent company, including Samsung, Acer, ViewSonic etc.
And btw, there is a hella lot of ghosting on 16ms screens, that's why all of mine are 2ms =|

crt is dead man! but dead pixels on lcd f**ks a lot!

I use LCD most often but CRT doesn't bug me too much.

Kildarke

?????

LCD; space-wise it speaks for itself.
Graphics wise I can't say CRT is better as I now find LCD is getting better....or in fact had already surpassed CRT.
Just a matter of which brand is concerned...that's all.

CRT monitors clearly offers wider color range and better contrast, but the power comsumption and radiation is a big problem
that's why i threw my EIZO crt away and got a brand new dell lcd

I like my CRT but it did take up a lot of room on my desk, was environmentally unfriendly, and not exactly good for your health. The LCD are getting better from what i've seen, but they are pricey.

zanepepper

zanepepper

Nakura

I like LCD Better

I would go for lcd before crt anyday

Shugotenshi-Alice

Broken Rag-Doll

if you are a graphic artist working with CRT is worse choice possible, your eyes will suffer greatly since we spend hours working.... why you think in the 90's many ppl who work around computer for long hours had to get glasses

LCD monitors better hands down its smaller for one

gut

For resolutions above 720x576 or 720x480, LCD is better. For resolutions under 720x576 or 720x480, CRT is better, because CRT was designed to handle these resolutions.

My cable TV is still not HD, and when I watch the same broadcast in a CRT and then in a LCD, the LCD ALWAYS looks worse, especially if the signal quality and power isn't that great (noise, for example).

LonelyAmure

LonelyAmure

???? Friendship & Love

LCD for sure. CRT died since like 4 years ago. I don't see why anyone would keep something that looks as ugly as a CRT monitor in the house, lol. It's not sleek, it takes up a lot of space, and plus, LCD looks a lot better. I'm doubtful that even graphic professionals still stick with CRT. They must be maniacs to keep with that kind of standard.

( ^_^)o??o(^_^ )Cheers~ my favorite|Twitter|Facebook|Windows Live|Minitokyo|My Wordpress!|USE Tineye-kun!
"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart."

Quote: LonelyAmure ????(@uggubs)??@kilacco??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

LCD... images are clearer, the monitor is lighter and it consumes less energy.

"Picture for a moment the perfect irony... a flawless new beginning, eclipsed by tragedy..."

LCD of course. CRT hurts my eyes. It has more radiation compared to LCD.

LCD.....:)
lol

i think LCD is better, but CRT is good too

LCD if you

CRT cause of the response tiem

Let's not forget about all the cheap LCD's out their of low quality. Quality is a big factor when choosing any monitor a LCD with a low refresh rate and response time will give you headaches and for gaming or video will bother you. So, it all depends on what you want to do with it and how high of a resolution you want, price and space are all factors of choosing a monitor.

LCD better !
Slim , Beatiful , hi contrast

This is my deviantart
Signature Image

LCD...better image and sound

page 6 of 8 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 186 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.