Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you think of Kimagure Orange Road? - Minitokyo

What do you think of Kimagure Orange Road?

page 1 of 1 6 total items

I don't know how many members here know about Kimagure Orange Road. This is one of 80's anime that I really, really, enjoyed watching (story about triangle relationship between a boy and two girls) which brings me to this question. People just getting into anime or manga probably never heard of this classic series. I'm curious as to how many MT members have at least heard of the title or even if they watched it. If they did watch it then did they like it? Hate it?

Izumi Matsumoto did the original manga and Akemi Takada did the anime illustration.

LucyMizuno

LucyMizuno

~*Mizuno*~

I watched it, and I think it's the most cute anime I've ever seen....it's sooo funny! XD

Signature
.:*Now I'm fReE*:.

Of course i know this anime! I've watched the series when i was little (french version) and original version in the 2000's. I really think that KOR is one of the most enjoyable animes ever! The chara-design by Takada is awesome and the soundtrack is great ^.^ But the most interesting thing about that anime is the hot and charismatic sukeban Madoka Ayukawa ^^ in my opinion simply the hottest anime girl ever made :)

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

I truly love Kimagure Orange Road and there's so many things I love about it. KOR is my favorite 80's anime rom-com and among my top favorite anime of all time. Madoka Ayukawa is an amazing character, she has so many interesting qualities in her that make her such a memorable and outstanding character. The songs are really amazing and are fun to listen to, they truly present what made 80's anime songs so enjoyable with great OP's like "Night of Summerside", "Orange Mystery", and "Kagami no Naka no Actress". A key piece of trivia is the singer of the 1st OP song, "Night of Summerside" is by Masanori Ikeda, the man behind the voice of Rurouni Kenshin's Makoto Shishio. I also feel the animation is well made for the time period of its' release. The series has an awesome cast of seiyuu in the character roles with Hiromi Tsuru as Madoka Ayukawa (Ukyo Kuonji of Ranma), Toru Furuya as Kyosuke Kasuga (Amuro Ray of Mobile Suit Gundam), Chieko Honda as Kurumi Kasuga (Ennil El of Gundam X), Michie Tomizawa as Manami Kasuga (Roberta of Black Lagoon), Kei Tomiyama as Takashi Kasuga (Yang Wenli of Legend of the Galactic Heroes), and many others.

Signature

Blue-Crescent

Blue-Crescent

The Wandering Moonchild.

Well, being in the 90's generation, I was not given the chance to enjoy the world of anime during the 80s. So back when life was not that busy, I explored some animes that are definitely older than me and there is this Kimagure Orange Road, and I think along with Ranma, KOR has been one of the finest anime of the 80s. What i love about this anime is that it gives me that old yet very classic feeling from the illustrations up to its plot. I like the chaste love story between the characters and its originality, unlike the anime of these times that tend to rely on beautifully made graphics yet some plots are copied from older animes that didn't even given the chance to have a remake. Lastly, i find the soundtracks very soothing to the soul.

" A mind full of bitter memories , a past drenched in sadness and watered with my tears,
A heart nurtured by the littlest spark of hope, a present fed by the wildest dreams,
A body scarred by the savage adversities, a future that holds the greatest uncertainties,
These are the deepest parts of my blue soul, armored and shielded by an indestructible fortress. " Signature

Ends the series onto the Movies ...^.^
I felt the last few episodes of Kimagure Orange Road where the best of the series...xD

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.