Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How some "race" becomes? - Minitokyo

How some "race" becomes?

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Well, most scientists (biologist or whatever) have researched that the human race has started from the African region. As most people know the people in Africa are black. My thought to this is, how did the "white" race came about? I am not posting this in Religion and Science because I don't want anything to do with religion with this thread mainly cause it shouldn't...

My thoughts to this is partially by evolution, but mainly what I think is that it's by a disease. Some may know that Michael Jackson was first black, then he appeared white later on and he claimed that it was by Leukoderma. My thoughts is that, if that's true, then is it possible that it would pass on through gene. Because of the effects of Leukoderma, it causes the skin's pigment to fade and becoming more pale. Because of this, some view it as a sign of evil or some other thing. So they probably were exiled and probably causing more people to go up around european areas.

Any other thoughts are welcomed. Just please no, according to the bible or anything near it mainly because it has no explanation behind it...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

I think, instead of disease, it's more because of adaptation. Take skin colour, for example. As people migrated out from Africa to... say, Europe, the production of melanin will no longer be required, as they don't really have that much sunlight there. Therefore, melanin produced will no longer be delivered up to the skin to become eumelanin. This, in turn, will result in a much fairer skin. As melanin is not intensely needed anymore, your body will adjust to produce fewer of it so that the resource can be used somewhere else.

Same thing with facial features. The fact that in Europe, the weather are much drier and colder requires the nose to be narrower so that they can retain more moisture to keep the inside of the nose moist and un-chapped. This, in turn, force the change of the shape of the nose.

As for Michael Jackson... Hmmm... well... first of all, I am not sure how credible the sources are. That is what he claims, and he can claim all he wants. I guess, hmmm... when you look at it, vitiligo should make your skin patchy, and on top of that, there's NO way that a black person could become THAT white. Well... that's all I am going to say about michael jackson.

Please keep in mind that I am not a doctor, and that this is just my opinion about what happened.

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Whoa! Thats more than what I would have been able to contribute. I would only have been able to say that as people migrated to colder European climates, the skin had to allow in more heat from the sun (instead of blocking it as in Africa) and it lost its darker pigmentation. But babyLemon topped that :x Don't worry - you rule! ;)

So now I just want to add a speculatable question: How do you get red and yellow skins as well? (allowed that red isn't as red nor is white as white). How come Indians are more red and Mongoloids more yellow? Brown, white and black I can understand (hues from light to dark), but reddish and yellowish?

And no.....I don't believe a word of Michael Jackson's Leukoderma. If it was a skin disease, it must have been one to change his bone structure from Negroid to that of Caucasian.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

The issue of different skin hues has more to do than just with the sun. I believe the exposure to the sun only affected the darkness of the pigmentation and not its actual color. Other factors such as diet and genetics come into play. After all you are what you eat and if you look at the histories of different cultures (today as well) you'll see different couplings (incestous, inter-racial, etc..) producing what at that time were curious "abnormalities" that were passed on.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I know the evolution/adaptation theory but I'm just stating another thought of mine >.> Well... a treatment for leukoderma is actually more exposure to the sunlight so the pigment can come back >.> I just like to see different thoughts.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

o0Beginner0o

o0Beginner0o

B for Beginner

hey you never know what happens, i mean like if a white man marries a black women you could end up with a child either colour, and i don't think that what to michael jackson lol

Signature Imagei'm happy you're happy everyone is happy isn't that the best?

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

~:. LioNe$s .:~

Quote by babyLemonI think, instead of disease, it's more because of adaptation. Take skin colour, for example. As people migrated out from Africa to... say, Europe, the production of melanin will no longer be required, as they don't really have that much sunlight there. Therefore, melanin produced will no longer be delivered up to the skin to become eumelanin. This, in turn, will result in a much fairer skin. As melanin is not intensely needed anymore, your body will adjust to produce fewer of it so that the resource can be used somewhere else.

Same thing with facial features. The fact that in Europe, the weather are much drier and colder requires the nose to be narrower so that they can retain more moisture to keep the inside of the nose moist and un-chapped. This, in turn, force the change of the shape of the nose.

As for Michael Jackson... Hmmm... well... first of all, I am not sure how credible the sources are. That is what he claims, and he can claim all he wants. I guess, hmmm... when you look at it, vitiligo should make your skin patchy, and on top of that, there's NO way that a black person could become THAT white. Well... that's all I am going to say about michael jackson.

Please keep in mind that I am not a doctor, and that this is just my opinion about what happened.

couldn't have said it better myself. :D

Signature Image
FaMiLy MeAn$ NoBoDy GeTs LefT BeHinD 0r ... FoRgoTTen ... ^^

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Michael Jackson bleached his skin. That's how he's that particular shade of white. How many other white people do you know who's skin is THAT color?

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Kori

Kori

Eternally Frozen in Time

Quote by babyLemonI think, instead of disease, it's more because of adaptation. Take skin colour, for example. As people migrated out from Africa to... say, Europe, the production of melanin will no longer be required, as they don't really have that much sunlight there. Therefore, melanin produced will no longer be delivered up to the skin to become eumelanin. This, in turn, will result in a much fairer skin. As melanin is not intensely needed anymore, your body will adjust to produce fewer of it so that the resource can be used somewhere else.

The body isn't forced to change itself because of the environment, and the body doesn't adjust to the environment in any way. Of course, what we see today has to do with the environment, I'm not saying that the environment didn't have anything to do with it at all.

A cause to a much lighter skin colour in Europe compared to those in Africa is most likely because of a mutation in the genes. In other words, an allele was created of the same gene. In the case of migration to Europe, dark skin colour wasn't needed anymore and therefore a person with a mutation, which coded for lighter skin colour, could survive (s/he did not adjust to the new environment, the mutation simply didn't kill the person). And in turn s/he could pass it on to the next generation. If the same person got the mutation while still in Africa, then s/he would probably not live long enough to reproduce and the mutation would at that moment die with the owner.

This can be compared to why there are so many species in the world. A wolf isn't in this world to keep the rabbit-population down, and the rabbit isn't here to prevent the weeds from overgrowing. They're here because they're able to survive. And if they're able to survive, something must've gone right, and because they're able to survive, they're also able to reproduce, passing on the genes to their offspring.

To sum it all, the keyword is survival. ^^

Signature Image

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

Quote by EternalParadoxMichael Jackson bleached his skin. That's how he's that particular shade of white. How many other white people do you know who's skin is THAT color?

Thanks for correcting them. That shade of white isn't really possible.

For red skin... I don't think I have ever seen someone red. Well only when they are embarrassed or mad. Thats more to do with blood flow I think.
For yellow... well take a look at people in Vietnam and such. They go dark like some Native Americans I seen. The yellow just seem like a lighter shade of it.
If I go out and get a tan, I get as dark as them. So that what I'm thinking.

Learning little by little.
Signature

Quote: Michael Jackson bleached his skin. That's how he's that particular shade of white. How many other white people do you know who's skin is THAT color?

Well, Leukoderma eliminates pigment in the skin... if not treated otherwise, it will look like that actually. Since there's not pigment left in the skin it will look that pale white.

Quote: hey you never know what happens, i mean like if a white man marries a black women you could end up with a child either colour, and i don't think that what to michael jackson lol

Sorry, but this is just an ignorant post... I stated that civilization was to actually start at Africa, and everyone in Africa is black, how can someone white just pop up to marry someone...

Quote: This can be compared to why there are so many species in the world. A wolf isn't in this world to keep the rabbit-population down, and the rabbit isn't here to prevent the weeds from overgrowing. They're here because they're able to survive. And if they're able to survive, something must've gone right, and because they're able to survive, they're also able to reproduce, passing on the genes to their offspring.

To sum it all, the keyword is survival. ^^

The only thing I find that every form of an animal has in common for a life's goal is survival and actually I think it is. Just something I wanted to state ^.^

Quote: A cause to a much lighter skin colour in Europe compared to those in Africa is most likely because of a mutation in the genes. In other words, an allele was created of the same gene. In the case of migration to Europe, dark skin colour wasn't needed anymore and therefore a person with a mutation, which coded for lighter skin colour, could survive (s/he did not adjust to the new environment, the mutation simply didn't kill the person). And in turn s/he could pass it on to the next generation. If the same person got the mutation while still in Africa, then s/he would probably not live long enough to reproduce and the mutation would at that moment die with the owner.

Just to note, mutation doesn't happen that fast, it usually happens during the birth. Yes it is possible for mutation to actually happen when you're alive but to take effect would take probably took long for notice and mutations are spontaneous so to actually live to pass on these mutations is kind of hard because many people back then didn't live that long.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

good question ...obviously the human body adapts to climate and environment ...and those that can't adapt... x_x

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Kori

Kori

Eternally Frozen in Time

Quote by DarkRoseofHell

Quote: A cause to a much lighter skin colour in Europe compared to those in Africa is most likely because of a mutation in the genes. In other words, an allele was created of the same gene. In the case of migration to Europe, dark skin colour wasn't needed anymore and therefore a person with a mutation, which coded for lighter skin colour, could survive (s/he did not adjust to the new environment, the mutation simply didn't kill the person). And in turn s/he could pass it on to the next generation. If the same person got the mutation while still in Africa, then s/he would probably not live long enough to reproduce and the mutation would at that moment die with the owner.

Just to note, mutation doesn't happen that fast, it usually happens during the birth. Yes it is possible for mutation to actually happen when you're alive but to take effect would take probably took long for notice and mutations are spontaneous so to actually live to pass on these mutations is kind of hard because many people back then didn't live that long.

I never said it went fast. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough on that matter.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by mutation "happens during the birth" because it happens all the time; mitosis, meiosis... and some mutations don't have to take that long to notice. I'm not talking about those that result in a new species or that which results in what we today call evolution, but the ones that cause cancer and tumours. That is a form of mutation which causes the cell to divide uncontrollably and which never enters the G0-phase of the cellcycle, hence a tumour is formed.

As for the people not living long enough to pass on the mutations which e.g. caused a lighter skin colour, those that actually did lived long enough could pass it on to the next generation and this is most likely because they were more physically fit than the others that died as children (or simply because they were lucky enough not to get eaten by a predator or something, or perhaps died of an infection.) This in turn is being inherited by their offspring etc. etc. Like said before, I'm not saying that this happened over a year or two, or even 5 generations, it has taken long to reach where we are today.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.