Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why do we Hide? - Minitokyo

Why do we Hide?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Kaisuke90

Kaisuke90

~The Angel of Light and Shadow~

I believe that we are All hiding... ourselves.

Whenever we go out, we put on our "mask"... the outside that's supposed to represent Us, the outside that wears our name.
We don't hide Just when we go out and meet other "strangers" or "friends", we hide whenever we meet... Anyone.
Am I right?

It doesn't matter Who, just Anyone...
Whenever we're talking to, seeing or seen by someone, just by any kind of communication we just hide, more or less...

Doesn't matter if it's someone you love or hate, we're always showing a different side of ourselves, the "flexible" side, the side that's addapting itself to the surrounding enviroment.
But then, sometimes... whether we're alone or with someone... just sometimes, we open up... drops our giant shield and become totally vulnerable.

Why do we hide?
Is it because we're afraid of other peoples judgement? Because we want to be Accepted?
Because we want to be "normal"?

I don't think there's such thing as "Normal", No one is normal, No one can ever be normal...
The one we are on the "Outside" will always change by others opinions, words, will.
But the one we are on the "Inside" will always change... by ourselves, Our own will.
That's why no one is "normal".

Agree? Disagree? Have other thoughs? Anything at all?
Feel Free to express your opinion.

Unfortunedly I cannot promise that I wont judge, It's just a part of being Human... to judge, more or less, good or badly...
I can only promise that I'll try to understand and keep my judgement to myself. =)

Starts playing the Beatles' Eleanor Rigby.
I think it's human nature to want to be seen in a better light. We all judge and have faults, that's why we hide.

Kazakian

Memetic Legacy

It's true. Not many people let their true self out. Always when we meet other persons and we try to make a good impression most of us use a mask instead of showing their true self. I believe this is wrong. People should like us for what we are not for a fake image of us.
Well that's at least what i think. i'd like to hear other peoples thoughts about this too so post ppl post :D.

I don't know, I suppose what u say is true but...if we hide it's because part of us is or feels insecure about our own way of being or thinking, which sometimes isn't good......and I think that we're not actually hiding ourselves....maybe it's just we want to be aware about anyone else, because I don't know, sometimes human is kinda afraid about what is unknown for him. It's probably a way of self-protection don't u think? ^^

Signature

Kaisuke90

Kaisuke90

I think we're all right about this, and "HimeWarrior", It IS a way of selfprotection, probably.
That's why we carry that giant heavy shield around... but sometimes, we need to put it down, and rest our arms. We can't possibly carry it all the time, our arms would break...

ether92

ether92

Missing that little Devil.

Well, I'm not so sure about this, I don't really hide my real self, I supose thats why I got no friends and too many enemies, but if I hide my true self then I will be rejecting what I want to be and I will be what people want, I'm not going to hide my real self just because people will judge me, I don' care what they will say, the long as I'm myself everything people say is just the less thing I care,
I'm myself, I wont be what others want just because they wont accep me, to hell with that! X-P .

Signature
Hey... I was wondering, maybe after we die... will there be... cake?

I dont hide my real self either, but then again I've come to terms with the fact that not everybody is going to like me - but the people who dont, who cares? If they dont, then they arent my friends and their opinion isnt important to me.
I also agree with you that there isnt such a thing as normal. In my mind, normal is abnormal - and if you try to be *normal*, you're just kidding yourself - be proud of who you are.

I think the real self gets hidden not just so others can't see it, but because WE don't want to face or expose ourselves to ourselves. We are too scared at times to open up enough to discover who we really are and become comfortable with outselves. Some of the wisest advice came from the play Hamlet.

"This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man." ~

There is a poem called We Wear the Mask by Paul Laurence Dunbar. Whenever I hear someone talking about putting on a mask, my mind instantly goes to that. I think most of the world must feel at one time or another they are wearing a mask.

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Our Utmost For the Highest..

It's true we hide ourselves..we want to be kind,nice and so on and we found ourselves being like that in a way others don't see as kindness.People hide themselves is either to protect themselves from others or to protect others from themselves.

It doesn't hurt to have company by your side.

shojostatic

shojostatic

~::<3Host Club <3::~

i think that its human nature that we hide our true faces.....because we always want to be included and part of the group , when actually, all we really have to be is ourselves...but i find that very hard .

~LoVeYlOvEy~

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

~:. LioNe$s .:~

eh...*looks around* very interesting thread....
i think i pretend all the time except the few moments when i am alone in bed going to sleep...then i am not really hiding...but actually even then i hide behind my stronger self...hmm ...well i think i never hide but always hide...that the true me and fake me blend together nicely...or rather...maybe i lost the true me beneath all the lies and fake me...or maybe the fake me is the real me but i do not know it yet...maybe hiding is the best way to get along...maybe i amnot hiding at all but like to believe i am hiding...ahh so many questions but no real answers..maybe i should be satisfied with fake answers i give...but then the fake answers will just encourage the fake me to stay and dominate my personality...heheh...am i confusing you?

there is one thing i know for certain though...there is no real me and no fake me...there is only me who when around a certain person acts a certain way because it pleases that certain person...and making others happy in turn makes me very happy...so in the end, i am myself... XD :D :)
nice meeting everyone! laterz~

Signature Image
FaMiLy MeAn$ NoBoDy GeTs LefT BeHinD 0r ... FoRgoTTen ... ^^

K1R31

K1R31

Pretty!

Hah! I agree with you..."mask" and pretending are just something that make human human. I don't want to become a hypocrite, I always wear "mask" wherever and whenever. I think people just want to be accepted. Like you said, It's the part of being human. I think every people don't want to be lonely....deep inside our heart, we fear to be isolated by the others...so we wore "mask" in front of other people. Coz we want to be accepted so badly!

Hah?! After all, I kinda tired with all this lies....It's burden me enough...

ive thought of the concept of hiding behind a mask, but the reason i hide some of myself behind a mask at some points is because some people will be too closed minded to accept it, and mainly some people that are important to me will most likely ermm.. dislike me? and its because of their own beliefs and stubborness over the concept... Its never easy to let people know how you really are, when they are going to leave you for that very reason =\...
The fact that humans have the ability to have opinions and see different perspectives is what makes all these conflicts.. making us hide our true selves at some point...

everything else i want to say is all boggled in my head -_-'.... i don't think i can say much more without making myself confused lol...

and this is why I wish for thoughts to be seen/read -_- ...everything would have been different then ...no lies, no uncertainties, no hiding ...none of this fake unclear crap :angry:

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

It's in my nature to be mysterious. I've masked myself so good no one knows the real me. Thats just a way human behaves.

"Whenever we go out, we put on our "mask""

Thats the only part I read, and I agree. Whenever I go out I pretend I'm special.

With honey and clovers

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

We hide becasue that's is what makes us different, first of all we all know that we act different in front of our friends so, it's not as bad as it seems. Second I wouldn'r consider it hiding, becasue we all do it.

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

Now, THAT'S a big one...And I like it! He he...

Am I hiding? Are we hiding ourselves? YES. But Why?

Internet :

First, I'd say : Take a few minutes or seconds, and look around MT. Look at the user's names : NO ONE ever use his REAL name to identify WHO?

Himself! Of course! who is, actually, A REAL PERSON! How strange! Is it that we're ashamed of what we are? Scared to know that someone we actually know will know something we don't want him to know about the TRUE us? (yes, many knows lol) When asked to give our infos, we have multiple e-mails accounts, we give fake IDs, names, even country lol We got all these virtual identities...

Well, well, well! How interesting! Isn't it? :D

This is just one example. But how many times do we write, speak, post or chat about ourselves and being actually creating a second personality? We are almost schizophrenic beings! BUt don,t be afraid, you,re not alone, we aren't...

Daily life :

Now for the Real-Life part (yes there is one, I heard it exists outside my computer room ... somewhere... :o)

Like the others said it, it's in the Human Nature to protect ourselves (we could be talking till our death about that ''nature'' of ours, so I won't be explaining that! For now... ;) And we create these second personalities, shields, or call it the way you want, we hide in SO MANY ways it's unbelievable.

But, whatever the situation we always hide a little, a lot, but always... Someone actually NOT hiding himself, is lying to himself. Take a loving couple, for example. They can't live a steady relationship if they aren't honest about who they really are... But believe it or not, they still have a shield, mask etc..

BUT WHY? WHY?

Mainly because of that Human Nature... It's all about that.

I'M pretty sure we would all agree that we can't FULLY trust or depend on ANYONE. Depend on a person and one day, you WILL be deceived. Maybe a small deception, maybe a BIG one, but you will be. Even if you trust the best man (including womens) on earth, you will still be deceived be him/her. (doesn't mean you CAN'T trust anyone, if get the idea... otherwise, it's impossible to live with someone we love/care about.)

I think we create a second US to actually prevent things to hurt our REAL self. And it works. I've never been sad, angry or harmed in any ways because someone/something harmed my second ME. It's our carapaces! Our shields, masks, second IDs [etc] ! Don't be afraid of that instinct, this feeling of hiding yourself, your life depends on it.

Don't HIDE behind that, LIVE WITH it! It's also all about being balanced! Some people are so-called non-social, but they are so afraid or have been deceived once and they are soooo scared to show their TRUE self they COMPLETELY hide behind this second skin, mask.

I have good friends, I trust many people, but I always keep myself SAFE. Safe mentally, SAFE physically. Yes, it's not only mental: Take a hot girl at a party and she decides to trust this nice, good-looking guy offering this... drink... poisoned. It happens all the time! EH! got it? ;)

That's all I had in mind, for now! Hope you all liked it and have more to share with all of us!

And YES, rpgmaker2 ain't my REAL name :P

See ya all! (Though I post rarely, I'm still around LOL)
Ciao!

M_T+

Kaisuke90

Kaisuke90

Quote by Rpgmaker2Now, THAT'S a big one...And I like it! He he...

Am I hiding? Are we hiding ourselves? YES. But Why?

Internet :

First, I'd say : Take a few minutes or seconds, and look around MT. Look at the user's names : NO ONE ever use his REAL name to identify WHO?

Himself! Of course! who is, actually, A REAL PERSON! How strange! Is it that we're ashamed of what we are? Scared to know that someone we actually know will know something we don't want him to know about the TRUE us? (yes, many knows lol) When asked to give our infos, we have multiple e-mails accounts, we give fake IDs, names, even country lol We got all these virtual identities...

Well, well, well! How interesting! Isn't it? :D

This is just one example. But how many times do we write, speak, post or chat about ourselves and being actually creating a second personality? We are almost schizophrenic beings! BUt don,t be afraid, you,re not alone, we aren't...

Daily life :

Now for the Real-Life part (yes there is one, I heard it exists outside my computer room ... somewhere... :o)

Like the others said it, it's in the Human Nature to protect ourselves (we could be talking till our death about that ''nature'' of ours, so I won't be explaining that! For now... ;) And we create these second personalities, shields, or call it the way you want, we hide in SO MANY ways it's unbelievable.

But, whatever the situation we always hide a little, a lot, but always... Someone actually NOT hiding himself, is lying to himself. Take a loving couple, for example. They can't live a steady relationship if they aren't honest about who they really are... But believe it or not, they still have a shield, mask etc..

BUT WHY? WHY?

Mainly because of that Human Nature... It's all about that.

I'M pretty sure we would all agree that we can't FULLY trust or depend on ANYONE. Depend on a person and one day, you WILL be deceived. Maybe a small deception, maybe a BIG one, but you will be. Even if you trust the best man (including womens) on earth, you will still be deceived be him/her. (doesn't mean you CAN'T trust anyone, if get the idea... otherwise, it's impossible to live with someone we love/care about.)

I think we create a second US to actually prevent things to hurt our REAL self. And it works. I've never been sad, angry or harmed in any ways because someone/something harmed my second ME. It's our carapaces! Our shields, masks, second IDs [etc] ! Don't be afraid of that instinct, this feeling of hiding yourself, your life depends on it.

Don't HIDE behind that, LIVE WITH it! It's also all about being balanced! Some people are so-called non-social, but they are so afraid or have been deceived once and they are soooo scared to show their TRUE self they COMPLETELY hide behind this second skin, mask.

I have good friends, I trust many people, but I always keep myself SAFE. Safe mentally, SAFE physically. Yes, it's not only mental: Take a hot girl at a party and she decides to trust this nice, good-looking guy offering this... drink... poisoned. It happens all the time! EH! got it? ;)

That's all I had in mind, for now! Hope you all liked it and have more to share with all of us!

And YES, rpgmaker2 ain't my REAL name :P

See ya all! (Though I post rarely, I'm still around LOL)
Ciao!

M_T+

Wow! I agree with practically everything u just said :D
Although I don't feel the exact same way you do, but there are still similarities, it might be that Difference between us all that makes us ourself and not like everyone else :)

Thx for taking your time writing this long and interesting idea of yours ^^

Your opinion is really thought out. I agree with it.

I think everyone has a personality which chances as we enter a new surrounding, like you said. It's hard to be consistent and we fear of persecution. I think as we mature, we find a pattern that tells us being different and abnormal will leave you alone and humans fear abandonment.

e hide to survive! WE hide for we belive there is hope.

I agree with all that's already been said. But I can't think of anything to say.

Radha

Radha

Sanely insane!

Well I agree with all of us wearing masks but I believe it is to protect our own selves from getting wounded. Its a matter of self preservation is what i feel

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

I feel like you just read my mind. When im at home,when im at school,anywhere i feel like all the people around me is the same. They all say something, and its like i know what will he/she say next. Like its programmed. I recently realized i was doin the same thing all along. And its like i became a stranger to myself. I realized there was no one in the world i consider " a true friend" and i stopped acting. Now people say "You've changed you're like a zombie. you never talk,you never smile anymore" but i feel more "true to myself" now

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.