Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Character voice or real voice - Minitokyo

Character voice or real voice

Do you like knowing character voice actors?

Yes?
12 votes
Not really?
3 votes
sometimes?
7 votes
doesn't matter?
3 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

EarthAngel1

EarthAngel1

Hero's Aren't born their made

Hi everyone here's a oximoron for everyone we all know that anime characters can't talk without the voice actors that play's them. but do you fell that if you know who the character voice actor is it kind of kills the thrill and impact of the chartacter possibliy being real... to you? or does it really not matter to that much? here something else if you ever met the character in real life do you think he or she would have a voice of their own or would they have the voice actors voice? but anyway feel free to share your opinion on this. :nerd:

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

Personally, I prefer at least knowing the name of the person who put so much effort into the performance; about the theory of anime characters being real... there are some characters inspired by real people, or historical anime (though this is probably not what you're talking about... ^_^' ). The voice would probably have some differences, not too dramatic, but maybe older sounding, or depending on their habits (like Wolfwood's and Sanzo's smoking), it'd sound a bit different from how the voice actor/actress sounds (this also could pertain to those series that are open-ended); the director of the anime does choose the voice of a character depending on how it fits the character (though, fans might disagree with a few choices).
Interesting idea! Thanks for sharing!
Take care,
~September's Nobara.

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

It depends, really. Yesterday it caught me by surprise when I was flipping through cartoons and heard Tristain from Yigioh shouting they were all going to die. I turned my head to see what was happening, and saw it was GI Joe! I like it best when the voice is similar, but not quite the same. Dan Green, and Eric Roberts, I think it is, are two of my favorite voice actors. I usually look up the voice actors if a person sounds familiar, because otherwise it drives me crazy until I figure out who else they were.

One thing I will say though, is it's always a little disapointing how some femmine seeming male characters in subbed animes have female voices, when in the dubbed versions all the males have male voices. You can find a soft, breathy and wonderful sounding male voice in Japan too I would think? Maybe not though. But I don't like the men having womens voices.

And I think the characters would have voices similar to the voice actors ;)

WangKerr

WangKerr

Magumo Hyoske

I watch all my anime in english with no subtitles. Personally I like to know the name of the voice actor/actress, like preachergirl said "they put so much effort into the performance", I also like to try figuring out who is doing what voices in which ones. One of my favorite voice actress is Bridgett Hoffman, voices of Mizuho Kazami, Racquel Casull, Shinobu Maehara, Cyberdoll Kei, and Chitose Hibiya, I also like Michelle Ruff's character voices of Koishi Herikawa, Chii/Freya, Kasumi Tani, Miharu Kanaka, and Winia Chester, and Lia Sargent's voices of Eirote Borchard, and Cyberdoll May, in the anime's that I've watched so far anyway. However I was dumbfounded when I learned how old these women were...lol...there character voices are all so young and cute sounding...HeHe...It does make me wonder if they sound anything like that in real life? I also agree men and women should not voice for the opposite sex...IE...Mona Marshall(female), voices of Minoru Kokubunji(male), and Motoko Aoyama(female)...I watched Chobits before Love Hina and recognized Minoru's voice as soon as I heard Motoko say something, I thought Minoru sounded a little feminine. LOL :D

"Seaweed!"

Doesn't really matter to me

Signature

well if the voice is nice then i would like to know who is the one tht is voicing him/her.

I love knowing who voiced which anime character! ^_^ i like knowing who the person is and their personality and how they prepare themselves to do a certain voice for that certain anime character. besides without the voice actor, there is no anime character that you'd love. for example. Sesshoumaru from inuyasha, i don't think you'd like him too much with a whippy sounding person; and Honey-sempai from Ouran High Host Club, a cute person doing a cute voice for a cute anime character. :D

so basically what you love in an anime character is the voice that is portayed by the great voice actor! ^_^v

sometimes. when i really like certain characters. i'll find who is the voice actors. or when i repeatedly hearing the same voice in different anime.

Sometimes, if I find that the voice actor has a sexy voice... I'll look up who he is. Or as langsakti said ^
When I repeatedly hear the same voice in different anime, I'll look up who s/he is.

NeoStryder

NeoStryder

Neo Stryder

In the last comic convention I went, I had the luck to see the voice actors of amny of the animes I've seen, from Dragon-Ball to Inu-Yasha, even my favorite, Yugi. Was incredible and funny to heard them to discuss with the voice of the characters they doub.

Nobody in this world in invincible, unless God's hand be with he/she

ang3llove

ang3llove

Only L0ve ~ smtOwn

I dont really care as long as they do a gud job and im happy with it~ The voice actors dont really matter to me

if i like her(never interested in male seiyuu XD ) voice, i'll definitely want to know more about here...

well...sometimes you'll be disappointed tho when you now that the real person who voices an extremely cute character is nearly 40 o.O
but i've learned to cope with it alright :)

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

That honestly doesn't make any sense.
Firstly anime characters are fictional ... They are not real, and aren't meant to be. But as animators are there to create these characters to move and interact with their world ... The sound comes into play. They choose these voice actors to fit the personality, thus, would bring them to life in a way.

If the anime character were to be real, I'd think it would have the same voice done by the voice actor.
Because that is how the character was made.

I don't feel any need to know about voice actors' personal lives, but I do keep track of roles, and try to recognize voices. Every new anime provides an opportunity to play guess-the-seiyuu, and I kind of enjoy that. And there are plenty whose performances I've really admired.

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

My vote went to it doesn't matter, I think you are getting a little to into your anime if you know what I mean. It might be time to step outside of the room and get some fresh air, experience the real world for a little bit, if you are considering the possiblity that anime characters could become real people.

The only reason I would look up or take interest in finding out a character's voice actor would be if I were I really liked the voice. I don't always have to like the character, but there are just some voices out there that you GOTTA know.

Edit: Yes, if an anime character were real, they would have the same voice as the actor portraying them. xD

SOMETIMES IF I REALLY LIKE THE VOICE

Well sometimes. if i know that it's a girl who make a the voice till a guy=_= like kenshin or naruto... but i can yet look cuz' i forget it after a litte while^^

Sakichii

Sakichii

Ash-chan

I don't really think it's all that different for actors playing different characters in movies and series...
If I really get lost in it, I don't think about the voices/actors...

"Chi wa Hideki ga suki"
#JapaneseLover#

MiMi

MiMi

~*Luka Megurine*~

sometimes I get shocked sometimes I dont XD but yeah, sometimes when I search and I imagine someone, I ge what I was looking for
i'm talking about the chara's voices, of course :)

Signature Image
Owner of: cafe-tb vocaloid2 hetalia-axis-powers sunrise-fans //join - celestial-luminessewings-lovers anime-fans-united

Imashitowareto

Imashitowareto

far away~~

i will sure!i love the character voice!they are the best!

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.