Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How important is the soundtrack ? - Minitokyo

How important is the soundtrack ?

page 1 of 1 17 total items

To you, how important is the soundtrack? In what kind of animes a good soundtrack is more important?

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

The soundtrack is probably not as important to me as some other things (plot, character development) when I'm watching an anime, but it is still an important part of any anime/film. The soundtrack can affect the mood-- for instance, if it is a scene that is very action packed, a fast, dramatic piece will make me more excited (Take the final battle in Blood+ for example) Also, a good/catchy OP can make me interested in a particular series. (I heard the OP for Utawarerumono before ever seeing the series, but because of the OP I decided to check out the series).

Signature Image

It's important; a soundtrack that doesn't fit is like a broken plot, or a character that doesn't suit the theme set for him/her. Imagine if the played gangster music in a futuristic storyline where crime is non existent, nor poverty, that'd be a bit odd...

anji

anji

Retired waller

I really pay attention at the soundtrack when watching an anime. Old anime of the 80 and begining of 90 has often a typic style of soundtrack that really get on my nerves. It can be a turn of, but still if the plot is good I will stick with the series. I'm pretty disapointed if the soundtrack is not good enough for me to listen to it after I watched the series, since I listend to practically just soundtrack.

Administrator of ~ French-Tribu

If you don't have the right music is upsets the mood. Yea know you can't have heavy rock at a sad sence (unless the heavy rock is depressing) but still you can't have Disco music at a battle scence can you its just not right. you can't have sad music playing at a happy moment. so yea i would say the soundtrack is as important as the anime.

The suitable soundtracks help increasing the attraction of the anime very effectively. The remarkable sountracks of course make that anime unforgettable!

Importance of the soundtrack is up on the same top spot as storyline for me. These two are pivotal in determining if a show is going to entertain me greatly (or not). As fireflywishes put it, the soundtrack helps set the mood and, for me, also to set the 'ambience'. Animation quality is not as important to me (nor is moe-moe factor and the likes).

Cheers!

sash

sash

Just Another Cynical Person

i think its pretty important .. i for one .. love to listen to music and if the soundtrack is a suitable one it increases my attention .. as in .. i don`t get bored after the first two eps of the anime for .. take this as an example .. for the past 3 days i`ve been listenin`2 kannazuki no miko osts and its reminds me how much i liked that anime ^_^ .. *cheers mates* ^_^

drastikhate

drastikhate

Plead Insanity

it makes up the whole experience with stunning effects as it helps change the mood in the show.

like many had said, the soundtrack in other words background music, greatly affects the mood of the show, the soundtrack somewhats "pulls" you into the show... (thats if it fits the scene).. and by getting you "deeper" into the show, the plot and character development would have a greater effect on you..

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

The soundtrack is critical because without it any movie, anime, or show is pointless and dry with no depth.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Hanedas

Hanedas

Trought the Darkness

I will Say that the ST is what dictated about 65% of the series because is what set the mod for the story and character situations a have seen to many animes with good story lines but poor Background settings by

ex: do you imagine seen the battle in escaflowne when Van finally defeat All of Dilanlu Dragons slayers with out ST or worse a lullaby instead (is just to horrible to imagine )

One wrong move and blood will rain from the sky

Some may consider soundtrack not critical ingredient for anime but I think it is. Picking wrong background music or song can effectively negate the feel of the scene even with good plot/storyline.

melikecookies

melikecookies

cookie monster

If the music is so horrible that it's noticible, then I think it affects the anime. But if the music is generic and not all that good, it doesn't affect how I think of the anime. And if the music matches the anime perfectly, then that's even better!

Hi

Music in an anime is very important. It can add greatly to it, or subtract from it. Some animes like FLCL wouldn't be nearly as good without their soundtracks.

If they can connect the soundtrack with the story like the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, then it would be awesome!

\/ *surfer dude voice* awesome~

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

Having a good soundtrack is essential, as it helps carry whats happening on screen. Whether you take note of it or not, the soundtrack does make up what you are watching if its good or not.

I like the orchestral soundtracks cause they just sound so good and work well. thats not to say other types dont, that's just my preference in what i like

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to OSTs & AMVs | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.