Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which has most caffeine? - Minitokyo

Which has most caffeine?

page 1 of 1 12 total items

A curiosity question concerning caffeine. I thought coffee had the most caffeine but my co-worker disagreed saying that it is tea that has most caffeine.

Not knowing which is which I turn to MT to see if anyone can give better info. So, does coffee has the most caffeine or does the tea? Or do you disagree and name another drink that is not commonly known.

Tell me what you thing please.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Lol, tea has most caffeine, it is scientifically proved that tea has more caffeine, of course, it still loses out to a strong double expresso.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

kitat

kitat

The dead of freedom

It is said that tea contains caffeine most. Did it know that caffeine was contained in cola? hahah :D I like coffee and tea.

Signature
Who can master your own fate ? Different people have different ways of life .

I read somewhere that tea has more cafeiine than coffee. I like both, but I try to be carefull with thoses things.

Kori

Kori

Eternally Frozen in Time

I'm quoting from a site:

Quote: Does Tea Contain More Caffeine Than Coffee?

While coffee and tea are both sources of caffeine, the amounts of caffeine in any single serving of these beverages varies significantly. An average serving of coffee contains the most caffeine, yet the same serving size of tea provides only 1/2 to 1/3 as much.(Ref.: Caffeine by The Institute of Food Technologists' Expert Panel on Food Safety & Nutrition.) One of the more confusing aspects of caffeine content is the fact that coffee contains less caffeine than tea when measured in its dry form. The caffeine content of a prepared cup of coffee is significantly higher than the caffeine content of a prepared cup of tea.

:)

Signature Image

inoesomestuff

because i dont noe much

i think it depends on what kind of coffee and what kind of tea and how concentrated it is. overall though, i think coffee usually has more caffine (judging by how well it keeps me awake) who if i really want to stay awake i use energy drinks

~nothing to say~

I remember wondering the same thing some time ago cause I drink lots of tea (hence my username :D) and I don't really like coffee. Anyhoo, just thought to add to the conversation with something I came across in Wikipedia's caffeine article

Quote: Tea is another common source of caffeine. Tea usually contains about half as much caffeine per serving as coffee, depending on the strength of the brew. Certain types of tea, such as black and oolong, contain somewhat more caffeine than most other teas. Preparation has a significant impact on tea, and color is a very poor indicator of caffeine content. :o
Teas like the green Japanese gyokuro, for example, contain far more caffeine than much darker teas like lapsang souchong, which has very little.

amisa-das

rebecca aka. akiru goshimoz

i think both the tea and coffee contain caffeine
i drink both once in a while
but i think coffee has the most becoz most people drink coffee than tea
but this is my overview only hahahs:)
cheero

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

As most already said, Tea does contain more caffeine than coffee (even though the name literally means "from coffee"). The catch is that in a single cup we drink more coffee than tea. We basically drink tea watered down so it's not as concentrated as a cup of coffee. Kori mentioned in his quote.

Quote: Kori's quote: One of the more confusing aspects of caffeine content is the fact that coffee contains less caffeine than tea when measured in its dry form. The caffeine content of a prepared cup of coffee is significantly higher than the caffeine content of a prepared cup of tea.

Tea has a higher concentration than coffee, but we use less of it at a time. *shrug*

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

If you want to consume as much caffeine as possible within a shot time try caffeine enriched chocolate. It has the highest concentration of caffeine in non-medical food, as far as I know.

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

don't know personnally but i think those caffeine shots u get from those coffee joints they keep u wired all day i was told.

Signature
-DragonKnight of the Flame Kingdom-

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

what Kori said, lol. in dry form, tea has more caffeine, but when you add water, it's got less caffeine.

personally, I don't care, I just love my tea. tastes MUCH better than coffee anyway.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.