Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why have my scans been redeleted? - Minitokyo

Why have my scans been redeleted?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Three of my scans have been deleted twice. The second time that I have submitted them I said that I got them from animpaper. Do have have to be even more specific and use the animepaper member's name in my description as well?

!~* Best Friends Forever = Kaisui Tatsu ~ thingperson ~ PinkPrincessLacus *~!
Administrator of FFVV and Make-a-Friend
Signature Image

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

If you'd read the pm from BotChii carefully, you'd know that scans from Animepaper.net aren't allowed.

Signature Image
I used to be that bitch who deleted your pictures. Now that I'm gone, nobody is gonna delete your pictures anymore. Good for you.

There was nothing mentioned about that in the pm. Just that I had to give credit to the site. Here is what the PM stated all six times.
"The description of the scan you submitted was deemed insufficient. It had one of the following problems:
- It was not clear whether or not the scan was done by you.
- It was taken from an image gallery or official site and you failed to provide the proper credit to the individual or website. You may submit the scan again and provide information about the artist or the website. "
Not a thing about getting scans from other sites, exept for giving them credit. What is the issue with scans from animepaper and other sites? Are there some legal issues? And where is the list that contains all of the sites that you don't accept scans from? I have never seen it. I would think that it would be good to get as many scans as possible for people to wall if they wanted. There are hardly any scans for Dirge of Cerberus so I thought that I would post them here.

Signature Image

Was this rule of "scans from Animepaper.net aren't allowed" in a unannounced MT forum somewhere? Not everyone reads the MT forums unless they are Service Announcements usually. Although, why is AnimePaper the one picked out of all the other sites for "scans from Animepaper.net aren't allowed", its not that different than any other image gallery site with scans. I agree I would like to see more Animepaper scans here at MT. Animepaper has great scans, that MT members go to their site for to get scans to make walls with. And for some of us, we dont have enough papers to buy them so we pray for MT members to submit scans from AP to here. It would keep MT active and give us great scans for us wallers here, making MT a great Art site :D.

~* Lacus *~

Signature Image A little birdy told you to .... FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I think it's because many of the scans at AP have been scanned by the member themself.
Unless that particular member decided to submit them themself over here in Minitokyo (with their own account), I don't think it's possible to grab AP's scans and post them up here- because they were scanned by particular members.
(Hence ripping)

It's not that we don't allow scans from particular sites, (eg. aethereality.net is not allowed, but) it's because those sites have specified that they do not want their scans posted up elsewhere. We'd assume the same for members' items.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Actually, a lot of the scans from Animepaper aren't their's. Two of the three scans that were deleted, the member that submitted them didn't let anyone know if the scans where their's or not, and the last one the member gave credit to someone else. It is also obvious that those scans aren't their's because there isn't any scan 'dots' that are in self scaned images.

Also, one of the reasons why I made this thread is to see if they would be allowed if I gave credit to the scan by typing in the AP members name, which would be WasWas1717 for 'Vincent Chaos' and 'Rosso the Crimson 2', and Wasabi, who gave credit to jclryu from KAZ for the 'Vincent before chaos' scan. If I give credit, and even the link to the scan at AP that is not ripping. Also, it is not like we are getting the scans for free because I have spent papers (credits) to get those scans. You have to be active to get the papers, so that means that you can't just join for downloading scans.

I have also not seen anything about submitting scans that are downloaded from AP and submitting them to other sites (like this one) in the FAQ, or anywhere else in the Animepaper site. However they do have a list of sites that they don't accept scans from.

And mine aren't the only animpaper scans here! I don't know if the other members here just don't give credit, and they somehow get by with a bold 'not my scan' at the beginning of their post, but their scans are still here.

Signature Image

I am willing to back up that many scans from AnimePaper aren't members' own scans. For example, many scans of soundtracks are from releases by music groups and Winny/Share grabs. Many scans are also taken from picture boards such as 4chan, as well; recent scans that I have seen are all not personal scans. Perhaps it is wiser to simply say "not my scan", and leave it ambiguous.

I have typed 'Not my scan' in bold and all capital letters, and said that I got it from animepaper. However, I guess if I did leave it ambiguous I would not be having this problem with submitting scans from animepaper. Just a note, I believe that 4chan is a site that animepaper doesn't accept scans from, but the AP members probably can leave thier submissions ambiguous as well.

I am not against what you have said in your comment in any way, but I really want to give credit to the sites that I get them from. That is just me. ^_^;

I just think that it would be really nice if some moderators or administrators could come up with the evidence in the rules that scans from animepaper aren't allowed. As soon as that evidence shows up, then this whole issue is a 'my bad'. So far there is nothing there, so I think that those three scans have been deleted for no reason at all.
This is the second issue that I have seen in a minitokyo thread where the moderators say that something is there, but it is not. The other one had to do with adding members in groups and the moderator said that you can click on a drop list and choose most recent time to get all of the aspirant members to the first page, but that option never existed. Now it is that the the automatic PM sent by the botchii contains a list of the sites that scans are not accepted from, or just sites stated in the paragraphs. Maybe the moderators see something different on their pages.

merged: 01-03-2007 ~ 11:25am
*sigh* Can we please resolve this issue soon? It has been a whole week since I have made my first post. It does seem like a lot longer, but I guess that is because I am on winter break. . .But anyway, nothing has really been acomplished yet. . .

Signature Image

Cheza1982

Scanner

Cheza1982

I don't really get the problem here.
Yes, there should have been an announcement about the fact that scans from AP are not allowed here.

But Marissa stated it out clear that that's the fact why your scans has been deleted.
It's a nice touch from you that you would like to give proper credit about the source of the scans you submit but it's useless because AP scans aren't allowed.

That's the reason why your scans has been deleted and I don't think there is a need of explaining it again because Marissa did so.

merged: 01-16-2007 ~ 07:31pm

Quote by PinkPrincessLacusAnd for some of us, we dont have enough papers to buy them so we pray for MT members to submit scans from AP to here. It would keep MT active and give us great scans for us wallers here, making MT a great Art site :D.

~* Lacus *~

Well, I think we can keep MT alive and active without "stealing" scans from AP.

I know that you're a member at AP. But I don't get the problem about the "not enough paper" fact. It' s not hard to earn them. If you don't upload scans (like me) you can comment on walls, participate in the forum and a lot more things to earn papers. I have one friend who never ever uploaded a scan/wall but has a lot of papers because she participate in the community.

I also know that a lot of the members of AP are also members here.
Maybe it takes some time to upload their scans? I have a lot of scans (selfscanned from my artbooks) but can't submit more then 8 pics in 24hours. It's a fact that I don't have the time to sit on my pc every day and upload them. Maybe some other members has the same problem?

*sigh* Well, I guess I have to show an example. The scans that I submitted were not scanned by the AP users, they do not have the little dots that come with self scanned images, which means that the scans were 'stolen' from somewhere else. Here is a scan that is currently in MT. Vincent Valentine by ideal Ideal said that he found it at 4chan. Here is the same scan at AP from WASABI who got it from someone who submitted it to KAZ (I have no idea what KAZ is. . .^_^) http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans/Final-Fantasy-VII/item97215/
They are both the same image with the same quality. Many of the scans even in animepaper aren't from the users themselves. Even though this scan may not have come from animepaper, it is the same scan. Also there are probaby many other scans that come from animpaper, but the MT users may have left out the 'from animepaper' part.
And how can it be a 'fact' that scans from animepaper aren't allowed if they are not in the rules?! You can't just say that something is a rule if it is not in the rules! I followed everything that the botchii message said, which was to give credit to the user. Maybe I should give credit to the ACTUALL artist or company who created the image, since giving credit to the site and the user to submitted it isn't enough. Oh, wait a minute, that is alread done because of the category system! *smacks forhead* How silly of me to forget that all of the legal issues are basically solved by that part of minitokyo itself, plus the added effort for me to give the info on the site that I got it from and the username of the person who submitted it. Too bad that isn't enough, and by doing all of that I am still breaking some invisble rule that I guess only moderators can see. Here is the rules available for all members too see.

Scans
Submissions must have a minimum of one million (1,000,000) pixels, may not be grayscale images, and must have at least sixteen bits per pixel.
Submissions must be a manga, anime, or game-related image.
Submissions must not contain excessive artifacts, folds, or noise, and may not be blurred, lacking in clarity, oversaturated or undersaturated, too dark or too light, or be a screenshot.
All scans must meet a certain standard of quality, to be unconditionally determined by the moderators. As such, scans that cannot be used as stock images for wallpapers and do not feature a subject that has at least half of its area visible are not permitted for submission.
All scans must have proper credit given to their sources. The statement "not my scan" or any of its variants may only be used if the member does not have and cannot in any way obtain full credit for the scan. If members obtained the scan from a third party image site, members must provide the original url to the image in the gallery description.

Well, I guess I didn't give a link to the originall site. . .no one else does. . ., but if that is what it takes to get those scans in the MT system as well, then so be it.

Also, it is highly likely that not all of the users in AP have a minitokyo account, so it would be impossible for them to submitt scans here if they don't have an account with MT. And the same reversed, even though AP probably has close to the same amount, if not more scans than MT.
And really, it shouldn't take too long to submitt 8 scans a day, maybe around 30-40 minutes tops, unless you have alot to write in the description. If you got it from the same source you can just copy and past the discription to each one and change anything as needed, like titles and such.

And should scans that are submitted from different sites be considered as stealing? Especially from different series that have art all over the place anyways? (like Naruto, Final Fantasy, Bleach, ect) You would think that the orginal creators/artists wouldn't mind thier art being used in wallpapers. Kinda like fan art. When you think about it fan art is basically what a wallpaper is. . .

Signature Image

thingperson

thingperson

Elizabeth, Ruler Of All Bishies

Hey everyone

i totally agree with what PinkPrincess and Kaisuitatsu says i read in that new thread and announcement when that big problem was when the moderators where deleting scans that say not my scan on it and they had that thread i remember fluke the elite member even asking whats the moderators really want to see so there not my scan will not be deleted and i remember a moderator simply says as long as you see the words "not my scan" on it..its allowed and if you remember where you got the scan to state the website its from and thats all you need for a scan not to be deleted but half of people here on minitokyo take the scans from animepaper and state that...or i have seen many scans be posted on animepaper and then posted here on minitokyo a day or 2 laters with just a "not my scan" on it with out saying from animepaper and KNEW they were from animepaper and could tell also

i am also friends with many wallers and everyone of them tells me they get there scans from animepaper cause there better and more people submitt theres there because there less harsh on deleted and i personally feel that the scanners here on minitokyo have given up and even quit submitting the scans that are the "not my scans" one to...because i myself is a scanner i got aleast 10 more good scans i have not submitted here in mintokyo..because im quit tired of people deleteing them for reasons they think so or they give just a simple automated message for you to guess which one of the reasons it was.

because if a person submitts a scan and then a month later gets deleted it seems pretty silly really there are many many "not my scans" what makes anouthe ones different ive found 20 "not my scans" in the inuyasha gallery and if it wasnt for them there probally wouldnt be a inuyasha gallery

minitokyo needs the not my scans for it to survive cause trust me the scans in here are nothing.. animepaper has many many more and just like PinkPrinessLacus said i also wait for a scan to be submitted here to minitokyo because i do not want to waste papers in animepaper

and for the need for people to submitt animepaper scans if for people to share..not everyone has a animepaper account ..sure as you stated they could work for it but its not as easy as i seems some scans cost 55 papers you get like 5 for comments and like 10 for threads..you know how much time that is just to get one scan..so why not share a good scan with the people here why would it hurt.

Well i hope everyone has a wonderful day and have fun..*hugs*.

~*Cagalli*~

All hail Queen Elizabeth, ruler of all bishies. Watch your back, you wanna-be's
My Husband's are Kaname, Tsuna, Ichigo, Naruto, Haji, Hei, Sebastian, Lee-Leng
and that is why my world is of silk sheets, imported champagne, and endless erotic delight..
Signature
	Image VISIT THE userpageskindesignss20-signaturestudiotag-licious AND JOIN US

ATTN Scanners: Purging of Non-Credited Scans Here is the thread that is discribing this very same issue in it exactly. If this 'fact' that scans from animepaper is not backed up with the proper evidence, I will contack a administrator to settle this issue. This thread should have been resolved a long time ago, but it is going nowhere. There is no list of sites that MT doesn't accept scans from through out that thread, or anywhere else on this site.
lol, even though it is three pages long, it is the same message throughout the thread. . .People really don't like to read everyone else's posts! lol, no telling how many times I saw 'Not my scan' quoted. . .lol
Now we are doing it again in a different thread. . .this one -_-, but this time it is not the members fault in the least for breaking rules, because none were broken. Yet the scans I submitted remain unrestored.

Signature Image

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

If you want to submit the scans, you will have to do some work and find the ORIGINAL source, if it indeed is not Animepaper.
It's quite simple. The moderators at AP have the courtesy to delete scans specifically noted as taken from the MT gallery. We show them the same courtesy.
If it truly truly bothers you that this fact is not documented anywhere, then I will make sure that it is.

Signature Image
I used to be that bitch who deleted your pictures. Now that I'm gone, nobody is gonna delete your pictures anymore. Good for you.

Cheza1982

Scanner

Cheza1982

Quote by MarissaIf you want to submit the scans, you will have to do some work and find the ORIGINAL source, if it indeed is not Animepaper.
It's quite simple. The moderators at AP have the courtesy to delete scans specifically noted as taken from the MT gallery. We show them the same courtesy.
If it truly truly bothers you that this fact is not documented anywhere, then I will make sure that it is.

Finding the ORIGINAL source is not so hard to do. Just ask the one who uploaded it on AP ;)

I don't want to insult someone with the things I'm going to say but I must say that:

What's up with you?!
Marissa made it up clear that scans from AP are forbidden to upload. Just accept it.
OK, there is nowhere an announcement but you know this fact now.
Accept it or not.
You're totally overreacting about this. You know: It's only a scan! It doesn't mean your life if you can upload it or not.

Quote by MarissaIf you want to submit the scans, you will have to do some work and find the ORIGINAL source, if it indeed is not Animepaper.

How can it be a 'fact' if it is not documented? Okay, also there is not a rule in Animepaper that says that scans from Minitokyo can be deleted. However, here are the sites that AP doesn't accept scans from.
> Anime Project Alliance
> ferricorp
> neogurus.net
> Animation Alliance
> The-OrO.com
> Tsubasachronicle.net
> deathgod.org
> gumgum.org
Straight from the Animepaper FAQ. Not a word about Minitokyo. And the actuall original source is of course the companies who made them, as I have already stated and a previous post in this very same thread.
And since you didn't seem to read that thread that I so conveniently
linked, (Here is the link for you again. ATTN Scanners: Purging of Non-Credited Scans )I will quote different parts of it here. I will also add some comments after some of them, so you should read this whole post no matter the length.All quotes will be from Moderators. The whole first post is as follows:

Quote by eunasahng
This is NOT a complaints thread. The rules have been around for 2 years. You can't complain about us not giving you enough notice. All complaints post will be DELETED.

From today onwards all scans submitted without a proper credit in the description will be deleted.

If it is your personal scan, you must state that you have scanned the image yourself. If you got it from another site, then you must state where (which site) it is from.

Any scan without either of these will be deleted as we require scans to have proper credits.

Quote by Revan

Quote by Revan
What is an appropriate description, well, if the description clearly states whether the submitter is the scanner or not it is acceptable.

Examples:

>My scan from the whatever issue of whatever artbook/magazine
>Not my scan, from x-website (even just saying not my scan is enough).

We do encourage that you give more accurate descriptions but what we are looking for is scans that do not state clearly whether the submitter is the scanner or not.

We'll be thankfull for any help you give on this matter.

Scanners, if you know you have not given proper credits for your scans submitted, then go and edit your descriptions NOW. The purging has already begun, but it is impossible for moderators to go through thousands of scans we have in MiniTokyo in one day. Therefore do it as soon as possible if you want your scans to remain in the galleries. Thank you for your co-operation.

EDIT:

Quote by eunasahng
If anyone wants to save time and credits and really really want the scan back in the gallery, you may send me the LINK to your deleted scan(s) and the NEW DESCRIPTIONS via PM. If I am not too busy, I will restore and edit your descriptions therefore they are acceptable. I am being extremely nice here, but don't ask me to restore 100 scans. I won't. I'll only take up to about 10 per member MAX. It may take a while since I have a slow connection.

The first post contained quotes from two moderators. Eunasahng and Revan.The next one qoted from Moderator Bromithia.
As long as the person states whether they have or have not scanned it, and if they haven't, they post a link or give a title to the website, then they'll be fine. We'll probably give some time so scanners can hopefully go back and edit their descriptions if they haven't already. :P

Another quote from Eunasahng.
No, as long as we know that it is either scanned by you or from somewhere else, it's okay. That has to be clear though.

More info on the exact source is even better if you know it. But if you really don't know, at least write that it is not your scan. Note that in this particular quote Eunasahng says 'as long as we know that it is either scanned by you or from somewhere else it is okay. That has to be clear. . .at least write it is not your scan' <--Which I did both times that I submitted the scans.

And now a quote from Moderator Spystreak:
Quote by BlueAngel17

Quote by BlueAngel17
how about if they downloaded it from torrents? Do we have to specify the site where we got the torrent? Of course, torrents have images that were already compiled from other websites, and it's random.. how do we clarify our scan descriptions for instances like these?

As long as you say the images you posted originated from a torrent that should be suitable enough. But like Eunasahng said being as specific as possible is really helpful

Here is a quote from Moderator Saikusa:

Just as an addendum: This is NOT a new rule.

Nuriko introduced this rule TWO YEARS AGO, but too many scans have slipped by unnoticed. So we just decided it was high time to do something about all those scans that don't conform to Nuriko's Law. Notice here that they made this thread to enforce the current rules. You would think that if that rule was altered in any way that there would be a different annoucment thread about it and that the rules in the policy would be updated.

And the last one that I will quote here is from Moderater Kuroimisa, who has posted in this thread already. I did not get this quote from the first page either, it is the last one on the second page.
aestalitz
Yes, even "NOT MY SCAN" without a site or link is okay. Simply because sometimes people can't remember. We just want people to acknowledge the fact that they did or did not scan it.
As for the first post, I think it's just stating that if you know where it's from, state it. If not, then "not my scan" is a last resort

merged: 08-09-2006 ~ 06:27pm
Gin
Even if it was the rarest scan in the world with the hugest resolutions and most beautiful thing you've ever seen, as long as it has no credits, it'll be purged.
Erm. It's not about freeing up any space. It's about reinforcing a rule. Even though it's a lot of work, I think the Policy and the rules stand as they are. As for members going back to edit descriptions, well, they should have stated the credits or not my scan in the descriptions in the FIRST place because upon submission you would have already read the policy and acknowledged that by submitting you'd follow the rules. Just my 2 cents.

*sigh* I think that is enough. There were a few other points that were in that thread but it is mostly from the same moderators. There were eight different moderators who posted in that thread! Well, on of them just closed it for everyone else because the members keep on asking the same questions that were already answered in the first few posts. So I guess if you want to get really technical there were seven moderators who wrote relative posts about the thread.

I have also PMed the Animepaper member, waswas1717 and he or she provided the link to the site that he or she got it from. Also included in his PM was a request not to give everyone the link. I would be breaking this request if I gave a direct link to the site on a scan submission. Waswas1717 did a favor for me by giving me the link so I will honor his or her request. Turns out that the username from that site is the same one who the AP member Wasabi got his or her scan from. Jlcryu is the member of that site who has submitted the scans. Sadly the primary language of that site is not english so I cannot probe for the original source further. Also if I submitt scans from that site I will abbreviate the site so I can fullfill waswas1717's request not to give the link to everyone.
Also, I realized today that I do have a scan that I have submitted here that would not be allowed to be in the Animepaper gallery. I got it from anime project alliance. (now the site link abbreviation makes sense to me. lol)
Peace Maker Kurogane by kaisui1tatsu
Even so, there are no rules against the submission of this scan because I gave a direct link to the image which is above what the quoted thread asked for. However, I don't think I would have minded so much if this scan was deleted because there is a site that says that they don't accept scans from anime project alliance, but it is not Minitokyo. Well maybe I would have because I wasn't breaking any rules here. . . . I would only be breaking Animepaper's rules which don't apply here.

Marissa, I have not seen a single scrap of evidence of this 'rule' that you have been talking about. You seem to be the only moderator who thinks that scans have to be credited from another source other than animepaper, because scans from animepaper aren't allowed. I don't know for sure or not, but I also don't think that moderators have the authority to edit the rules. I do believe that I have provided enough evidence for my side of this thread. I will post this thread in the moderator group today. Later I will search for the urls to the deleted scans (if they aren't allready purged). If the no longer exist I will resubmitt my scans with the best credits that I am able to provide in the discription and they should/will not be deleted again. And now that I also have the orginal source from waswas1717, I can submitt other scans that have been submitted in animepaper without having to worry about papers because most of the scans in certian categories came from this 'original source'. (I must add, this is by far the longest post I have ever written in any forum, so please excuse any miss-spellings or grammatical errors.)
I hope that everyone getts to continue to have their scans featured in the minitokyo galleries, even if they are from animepaper, or if they have a simple not my scan in the discription. As far as I know there were no rules broken, and I looked at the rules. My sincerest thanks to those who helped me prove my points. Well, enjoy your scan submitting! (and many, many appologies to everyone {even you Marissa} for the length of this post. I can't believe that I have worked for over an hour on it. Next thing you know there will be a rule about posts that are too long! lol! but really, I am sorry for the length, but I mean every word that I have said in it)

Signature Image

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I wasn't really part of any argument or trying to persuade anyone or anything, just expressing my personal view on scans based on my "instincts", but I managed to find where it was stated that AP scans weren't allowed:

SOURCE: Respecting the Anime Community

At the end of the first post:

Quote by Nuriko
AnimePaper.net Conditions:
If you use images from our gallery (NOTEkuroimisa/ as in use for wallpapers and vectors, I assume), be sure to give us a shout or a link so other people can find us too! Also, do not re-submit the images from this gallery to other online galleries. (NOTEkuroimisa/ as in raw scans) We like to keep this place original, so it's great to have an incentive like unique images, don't ya think? :wink:

*collapses* x_x

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

That ruling was related to way back when AP's scan galleries were not yet open to the public for uploading. Scans were submitted only by a selected few (i.e. several appointed scan uploaders) who scan their own images like Nat. That system was a bringover from the old Project Zen's gallery format (considering AP is an extension of PZ when server troubles plagued the latter). Hence, scans back then were truly unique and not found anywhere else (other than the uploader's own website).

The applicability of that rule now probably extends only as far as to scans which are personally scanned by those who upload to AP (like Nat).

Quote by kuroimisaI wasn't really part of any argument or trying to persuade anyone or anything, just expressing my personal view on scans based on my "instincts", but I managed to find where it was stated that AP scans weren't allowed:

SOURCE: Respecting the Anime Community

At the end of the first post:

Quote by Nuriko
AnimePaper.net Conditions:
If you use images from our gallery (NOTEkuroimisa/ as in use for wallpapers and vectors, I assume), be sure to give us a shout or a link so other people can find us too! Also, do not re-submit the images from this gallery to other online galleries. (NOTEkuroimisa/ as in raw scans) We like to keep this place original, so it's great to have an incentive like unique images, don't ya think? :wink:

*collapses* x_x

Alright!^_^, that thread is all I needed. I never knew it existed, so the list of sites that Minitokyo doesn't accept scans from is found! Thank you very much Kuroimisa! Really, I think that it should be added to the policy so that members don't have to search through the forums. . .That is why this thread is as long as it is, because I wanted proof that this, well, rule-update even existed. Well, I guess that is that! Thanks again for finding it! *nods*

merged: 01-18-2007 ~ 10:42pm

Quote by kiopiThat ruling was related to way back when AP's scan galleries were not yet open to the public for uploading. Scans were submitted only by a selected few (i.e. several appointed scan uploaders) who scan their own images like Nat. That system was a bringover from the old Project Zen's gallery format (considering AP is an extension of PZ when server troubles plagued the latter). Hence, scans back then were truly unique and not found anywhere else (other than the uploader's own website).

The applicability of that rule now probably extends only as far as to scans which are personally scanned by those who upload to AP (like Nat).

I do agree with you somewhat. Many of the scans there I think come from KD, well of the scans that I have seen in sertian categories. However, even though we don't accept scans from that site, they do. . .*wonders if they know about it* Well, if that rule does still apply then it should be put in the policy.
Why can't there be two different typs of scans, one for the orginal scans and one for the digital images scans. . .then people could share the digital image scans without having to worry about keeping the original scans at one site. . .*me just thinking aloud*

Signature Image

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Good grief, is this getting out of hand or what?

Right, it has been for a long time that scans from ANimePaper have not been accepted on MiniTokyo. Sadly, yes, it has been an unwritten law for a long time. However, we are constantly discussing ways of improving MiniTokyo and one of those things lately has been to discuss and officially publish a list of which sites not to steal sites from.

It's not as if we've made this up on the spur of the moment to piss anyone off. I can promise you I've had scans deleted for similar reasons, just as I remember Revan had a whole bunch of Bakaretsu Tenshi (sp?) scans deleted because although he found them on a bit-torrent they were originally ripped form beyourtruemind.net, which he didn't know about.

So we're all clear that scans from AP are deleted. And we're all clear that it's nothing personal. Let's move on.

If you have reason to believe that those scans from AP were originally sourced from somewhere else then don't say that the scan come from AP... tell us where it came from originally!

If you don't know where it came from originally then leave it alone! It's not a scan that you made, so don't get so fired up about it.

So at the end of the day the rule has been around for years. We're not doing this to persecute anyone. Hopefully we'll soon have an official list of sites we don't accept ripped scans fvrom. And you just need to find other sites to steal from.

As the French films say... Fin.

lol, but they came from a site that Minitokyo doesn't accept scans from. So they will not be in the MT galleries.
And yes, it has gotten out of hand, but it is solved now. Many appologies for being so persistant! heh heh but I do believe that just about everything is cleared up now! *whew*

Signature Image

Revan

Retired Moderator

Revan

Tattoo Soul

Ok so now that everything is cleared we can move on.

It's time to close this thread.

Signature

There is nothing you can do... yes I've lost my faith in you.

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.