Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 SOTW 15 & 16 - Minitokyo

Group announcement by S20-SignatureStudio

SOTW 15 Winner

Mely
7 votes
Dave
2 votes
Lacus
1 votes
Thingperson
11 votes
Starr
2 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

ChopperDave

ChopperDave

Likes Gundam too much

Ok, heres the next SOTW! But first a couple announcements, about the rule announced last SOTW, I am dropiing that rule because I was contacted by different people who had objections to it. And its not worth it if it makes anyone feel bad. Also PLEASE USE THE POLL TO VOTE! otherwise your vote will not be counted!

Anyway here are the sigs to vote for!

Melymay:
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j268/melaniepar_/GlacialPlunge.jpg

Chopper Dave:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/ChopperDaveAOF/Hyourinmaru.png

Pinkprincesslacus:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/PinkPrincessLacus2/Signatures/WinterSigcopy.jpg

Thingperson:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c285/thingperson2/new%20photos%202/mysiggy2.jpg

Starrliteangel
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/starrliteangel/sig.jpg

We had a really good turn out this time around! Lets try to do that again! ^_^

Voting will end: December 31st 2006

SOTW 16
Theme: Heroines
Deadline: January 2nd 2007
No bigger then 500x200
No animation
No ripping of others

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

I vote for Melymay
I dunno, clacial sounds cool, too big a text IMO but heck the whole package comes off well for a person not much experienced in terms of sigmaking.

Choppers is cool, that is all lol, I dunno what to say except for the fact that it needs even better filtering, Hitsu here looks a bit fuzzed

PPlacus, the whole sig is so big there is no more beauty in it, her face takes up all space, the effects are ok, but the whole thing does not match in terms of style and feeling.

Thingperson.... well I am not at all impressed for using a sexy woman... the thing is that none of her was given any effort other than slap on a sig on top of the main layer...

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

GodFatherGFA

GodFatherGFA

/ -+|*Eternal Dreamer*|+- \

My vote goes to: Thingperson

Why?

Melymay

I like your scan/render, I like its position, but its bit to bright for my taste. I checked both on old monitor and an lcd monitor. I like your idea though.

Chopper Dave

Nice signature really is, I do think the render/scan is a bit off (not sure if you used free transform but its to thin for my taste) Lovely colors , the tealish color theme, though on the right side its getting red wich is a counter color for teal. That gets my eye and thus becoming a focal point.

Pinkprincesslacus

I love the render/scan, nice background but again so bright, I dislike the font used aswell sorry. Font sticks out to much for my liking.

Starliteangel

Hard to say anything about this, for me its way to simple/plain and it doesnt appeal me, dont take personal ofc just not my taste.

Thingperson

I like your signature! Its happy, shows mood, its sexy and the colors matches the render very well. I love the font and the blending of it. The snow really finish it of in a good way. I know many people dont like real life render/scan signatures (mostly cause they can't work with them) but I think you did an awesome job on it and the best thing is that you used a real life render/scan without having to use a C4D render to fill its background up! Its lovely!

Thingperson gets my vote!

Signature Image

Humm First of all, CAN YOU READ! Im worried about you Devildude... because the very top of this announcement thread let me quote from CD "about the rule announced last SOTW, I am dropiing that rule because I was contacted by different people who had objections to it. And its not worth it if it makes anyone feel bad."

Secondly, Once again I thought this was for fun, yes constructive criticism is helpful or whatever but everyone has their own style and personal preference and who is to say the other is always wrong or right. I dont see you playing weekly Devildude, where are you. Dont say bad things for people who play this game and you just sit and watch, at least they try which is more than you are doing.

My Vote goes for Thingperson, like my onii-san said. She was bold with using a real photo. I think it matches nicely together, and the snow flakes are very cool/cute, and sparkly sweet.

~* Lacus *~

Signature Image A little birdy told you to .... FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

I voted for thingperson also ^-^; hehehe. Well, first of all, she used my favorite Victoria's Secret model - Gisele Bundchen. I love the text she used, and its very unique....*.* and SPARKLY!

-melmay ~ I love the title "glacial plunge"...hehehe. I really do ^-^ good titles are always necessary on sigs, i think (well, at least the ones that do have titles on them). However, I dont really know how much work you put into it, but it looks like the bg is made up of a whole bunch of brushes to me. (im sorry if its not >.<) the scan looks really odd for some reason too...hmm...I cant figure it out. she looks filtered, or enlarged, or something like that.

-chopperdave ~ awesome sig, but im not loving the centered character too much >.< i would have liked it better if he was more to the left. nice background, but the scan and the bg dont seem to match..like, they match in colors, but the scan looks more "colored pencil"-ish quality while the bg is smoother in quality.

-pinkprincesslacus ~ I love that sig too! I would have definitely voted for it if the girl wasnt so big. I wish her face was a little smaller and showing some of that cute scarf and hat of hers.

merged: 12-28-2006 ~ 02:16am
oh and in reply to devildude's comment.......she didnt use a sexy woman to impress you anyways. -_- she used one because she liked it, and i think it was very brave of her to use a non-anime style image. also, if you think she took a scan and slapped it onto a main layer, then you could say the same with melmay's because to me, it looks like she took a scan and put it ontop of a main layer and added some brushes on top of the scan. (no offense melmay, the end result did turn out really nice)

merged: 12-28-2006 ~ 02:23am
oh dang, i couldnt figure out what that one rule was about...the one you took out CD, and sam just told me it was the constructive critism one. should i remove my post?

oh, also, i dont mind some CC on my sigs ^-^

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

thingperson

thingperson

Elizabeth, Ruler Of All Bishies

Hey everyone

I vote for PinkPrincessLacus signature..oh my gosh i love PinkPrincessLacus signature oh my gosh its so pretty i love the scan she used and i love how its upclose so pretty..and her eyes so pretty i love looking at them and the way the background matches her wow so wintery and the snow..i love the snow she is great at it..wow..how she has some on her face..and behind her..so cute..i love it and i love how she has the text on it..so creative..wow.

i love starrs signature..its so cute..and i love the scan she used so sweet and wintery and the cute couple kissing aww so romantic..and i love the sparkles she used on it..and how she put the sideways...very creative..and i love her text where she put it so creative..i love it and the white for the background makes it havet hat snowy feel i love it..and the sparkle chains..wow..so creative.

to Devildude yes what starr said was right...who in the world said i was trying impress you with a sexy women..and yes what PinkPrincessLacus said i have been wanting to say...you come in and Criqute or what you all Criquting everyones stuff...when you dont even play...you just sit around and try to tell everyone how bad there stuff is..you dont even give a good compliment...who crowned you king of signatures i like to add..huh huh...who crowned you..everyone has different styles....yours is one way..some ones elses is one why...who gives you the right to say this way is right and this way is wrong... tell me huh...so i would drop the whole bashing everyones signatures..and if your going to say something give a compliment..at least starr gives advice with her critiques unlike you who just bashes it, which doesnt help any...AND PLAY in the game and dont be a hipporcrite...and also for you information my signature has many many different layers for the background not just some image i worked hard on it..so shut your mouth before you say something ok..and also..wow..look at my signature..and pinkprincesslacus and starr...IT LOOKS LIKE WE thought outside that box of have of the same brushes and bender over and over again..at least we can come up it something CREATIVE..AND DIFFERENT everytime..wow..so also again shut your mouth about that..if you cant say anything nice.

Well i hope everyone has a wonderful day and have fun..*hugs*.

~*Cagalli*~

All hail Queen Elizabeth, ruler of all bishies. Watch your back, you wanna-be's
My Husband's are Kaname, Tsuna, Ichigo, Naruto, Haji, Hei, Sebastian, Lee-Leng
and that is why my world is of silk sheets, imported champagne, and endless erotic delight..
Signature
	Image VISIT THE userpageskindesignss20-signaturestudiotag-licious AND JOIN US

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

I vote for CD's .. It's the one that appealed to me most. His render wasn't too big, or too small, was possitioned nicely on the sig, and was easy to make out through the brushwork. I'd say that the rest of the sigs have to work on at least one thing I've mentioned ^_^'

Heroine? ... -_-' ... I hope Saber from Fate Stay Night counts XD

merged: 12-28-2006 ~ 05:11am
starrliteangel: it's alright ^^ It may look like that, but i did do a lot of work on the main render too. Which i had to say, was a real pain. It was the first time using the hue and tint tools -_- So It took me pretty long to make the girls hair, eyes, and stuff from green to blue without making her skin discoloured XD Here's the orignal pick I used --> Click Here

ChopperDave

ChopperDave

Likes Gundam too much

Ok ok ok! Whats done is done! I should have been more specific with the rule change! I didt realize I had to spell it out for everyone, I thought it would be obvious. And to those of you who just skiped the announcement before the sigs, DO NOT DO THAT! ALWAYS READ WHATS STATED AT THE BEGGINING OF A SOTW!

Those of you who have already posted, can just leave your comments. Now lets get back to things eh?

and for the love of all things holy VOTE USING THE POLL! >.<

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

but..but...i did vote using the poll >.< and sorry melmay, i see that you did do alot of work. you can ignore my comments above

Signature Image

thingperson

thingperson

lol dear dave is funny...lol so cute when he is aggravted..lol dont worry im sure people will start using the voteing poll and dont worry they are..*hugs*..

to starr...hey anri...*runs and hugs anri*

Well i hope everyone has awonderful day and have fun..*hugs*.

~*Cagalli*~

and that is why my world is of silk sheets, imported champagne, and endless erotic delight..
Signature

Kitaan

Retired Moderator

Kitaan

Revival

I vote for Starr
I like the soft, sweet feeling.
and the scan is very loving and warm,
lovely scene.

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

Quote by thingpersonlol dear dave is funny...lol so cute when he is aggravted..lol dont worry im sure people will start using the voteing poll and dont worry they are..*hugs*..

I completely agree with you XD

HotaruZala

HotaruZala

Athrun's Precious Rose @->

I vote for Thingperson. The use of all the red colors really caught my eye and the image fits the saying on it.^^

"Even if you were to turn into one of a thousand wild roses in a field,I'm sure I could find you. You'd be the most beautiful one there, adorned with pearls of morning dew." - Cain to Meridianna (The Cain Saga Manga Vol.4 Part II)

Rikkablurhound

Rikkablurhound

*Kero~! O_o

Humm.... I vote for Thingperson too ^_^
The red is really stunning there... there might be a lil too much sparkles but it catches the eye ^_^ Its really quite attractive XD
I like the others too XD
It was hard XD
btw, Dave, the heroines, is it basically any female chara with a sword or smht?
or must it be frm an anime, a real heroine?

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

My vote also goes to thingperson because she decided to be unique and it turned out awesome. I love the wintery theme and the colors. *_*

Everyone else's is very nice too! =D

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

ChopperDave

ChopperDave

Likes Gundam too much

Any main female character from an anime. Doesnt necessarily need to be a hero type with a sword and shield, just a main female character.

laurent

laurent

..:: Kuro ::..

I vote for thingperson. I think the idea of the 'have a SEXY Christmas' is refreshing. I chose the most daring one, looking at the ENTIRE concept, and that one is thingperson's sig. Also the colours immediately catch your attention and drag your eyes to her signature, and THAT is the whole meaning of a signature : being unique and eyecatching.

..::DarkWingedDemon::..

Signature Image

My SOTW for Heroines theme is Sakura from the series Naruto lol I practiced vectoring on this manga raw translation image, hope you all like.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/PinkPrincessLacus2/Signatures/SakurSiggycopy-1.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/PinkPrincessLacus2/Signatures/SakurSiggycopy-1.jpg

~* Lacus *~

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Quote:
o Devildude yes what starr said was right...who in the world said i was trying impress you with a sexy women..and yes what PinkPrincessLacus said i have been wanting to say...you come in and Criqute or what you all Criquting everyones stuff...when you dont even play...you just sit around and try to tell everyone how bad there stuff is..you dont even give a good compliment...who crowned you king of signatures i like to add..huh huh...who crowned you..everyone has different styles....yours is one way..some ones elses is one why...who gives you the right to say this way is right and this way is wrong... tell me huh...so i would drop the whole bashing everyones signatures..and if your going to say something give a compliment..at least starr gives advice with her critiques unlike you who just bashes it, which doesnt help any...AND PLAY in the game and dont be a hipporcrite...and also for you information my signature has many many different layers for the background not just some image i worked hard on it..so shut your mouth before you say something...

enjoy life the self denial way or visit and live up to my expectations @
www.nationalsigleague.com / www.clubbleach.net / www.signatureoftheweek.com

and I don't believe i said myself as king of sigs...
nor did I intend to offend, it seems you enjoy making me feel guilty, and that my critique is inadequate of your considerations.
I started the group, I did not crown myself admin, nor did I think i am all cool and powerful and all wonderful in sigmaking, like you, I also once think the way you do. It is best to leave pride behind artwork and think openly.
Did i bash you? I consider that as telling you whats wrong.
of course, individual opinions all come in all sorts of forms, you may have a different view of it all that is the case.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

thingperson

thingperson

Hey there to reply to your comment i do not mean to make you feel guilty..just think about the way you word yourself with people..and no i do not think im all powerful something signature maker..oh no no..i think and i know i have alot to learn..but you dont even know how to criqtue a person right whats so ever..you say you point out whats wrong...umm why is that everything is always wrong in a signature in everyone signature but yours.. you dont even compliment..you just bluntly state..."Thingperson's is well.... spells of noob all over it but it is ok, just remember than when making a sig, the first thing that should come in mind is that it is a small canvas, people can see everything, that is why it is crucial one does not assume one can get away by just slapping renders over backgrounds like a wallpaper can." how is that helping people get better in signatures.. thats just telling me how supostly low my efforts where and you assume how i made that signatures..and for your information that wasnt how i made it.. you shouldnt blunty state mean things ....come on..at least say how you suppostly you say "point out whats wrong" is mean and quite rude..can you say along the lines of "well the reds are pretty but maybe next time try this or that"...see how much better that critque was.. ive seen your comments many places..all you do is harshly state how bad peoples signatures are..how is the encourageing people to get better when all you do is sound like your bashing..cant you think of something better along the lines of your suppostly.."pointing out what they do wrong"... and i must agree you are great at signatures...so why not be a good example and help people...dont bash then down.. and also i would love a good criqtue myself starr does it to..but how about you go around seeing her critque and see how she does it and see how she actually makes people better cause of it...and also i have no personal thing against you..but how your making others feel with your such blunt and harsh ways of wording is not at all right..i would very well even like to be friends with you..well i hope to hear from you soon..*hugs*.

Well i hope you have a wonderful day and have fun..*hugs*.

~*Cagalli*~

Signature

Starrliteangel's SOTW entry:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/starrliteangel/bakuretsutenshisig2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/starrliteangel/bakuretsutenshisig2.jpg

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

thanks sammy..i forgot to post it in here... >.<

Signature Image

thingperson

thingperson

Hey everyone

heres my next signature for the battle

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c285/thingperson2/new%20photos%202/fortriplet444-1.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c285/thingperson2/new%20photos%202/fortriplet444-1.jpg

Well i hope everyone has a wonderful day and have fun..*hugs*.

~*Cagalli*~

Signature

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

Oh wow.. Second place :D :D .. Ahem.. Anyways, here's my SOTW 16 entry :)

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/melymay/SOTW16-fatestaynightMASSACRE.jpg

I hope this one is better than Glacial Plundge XD

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.