Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Allowing html codes on forums - Minitokyo

Allowing html codes on forums

page 1 of 1 3 total items

asinine

asinine

++_Sleeveless Vampire_ ++

I was wondering.....
If we can use html codes ?
I personally like using them and it contains much more codings then the current BBcode that is used..... but i guess maybe it would slow down MT....

Anyway i would like your views on this and also of the mods ^_^

At the end of the day, i would always turn around and say.... "Egao Saku... "
Signature
Co-Administrator of MTSingapore
<3 Me Luv U Sooo Muchi Hino-Chan!

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

What HTML tags in particular are you interested in being able to use on the forums?
For forum threads, is it really necessary to have BBcode beside the common formatting (bold, italic, etc)?
Allowing HTML tends to be fraught with dangers, both from possible XSS attacks and by members who don't know how to use HTML forgetting to close tags or using tags improperly, which can majorly mess up the layout (this happens in guestbooks with the "quote" BBcode enough as it is.)

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

I agree, because if we allow HTML, people might be putting videos and flash files and (annoying) music in guestbook entries or forums, and that would take forever to load (somepeople's pages are bad enough...). I think formatting things, link, and image tags should be enough for forums, shouldn't they?

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.