Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 08th MS Team discussion - Minitokyo

08th MS Team discussion

Tagged under

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Androidraptor

Androidraptor

Insane Ghinius Fangirl

I hope everyone hasn't forgotten about this anime! For those that remember it, let's discuss it. What do you think of this little OVA? What are your favorite characters? Personally, I think that while it's nowhere near as good as 0080, it's still in general an alright series (and good for getting n00bs into UC Gundam!). As for favorite characters, anyone who's been on any Gundam-related board I'm on knows that I adore Ghinius (Ayna's brother and lead villain). Any other comments?

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Finally a thread about another series other than Gundam Seed and GSD. This is actually one of the first gundam series I actually watched. It's also one of the only ones that I really liked and just recently re-watched it on youtube.

Overall I really enjoyed this series. It had some great mech designs as well as a cast of good characters. Plus the plot in my opinion was good. It wasn't like some of the other series where it was always the good guys beating the heck out of Zeon/Zaft/etc. It's sad though that it's always over looked because of other gundam series like Seed, Seed Destiny, and Wing. It's always how great they are or how bad G Gunam was (I personally didn't think it was bad at all)

I can't really say why but I was always liked Sanders. Not sure why though. Something about him though just makes me like him over any of the other characters. Maybe it's because even though he is a quiet guy and does keep to himself he still is a very caring person.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

This is one of my favorite Gundam series, thank you sooo much for starting a thread about it! It ranks with G Gundam and Gundam Wing as one of my top favorite Gundam sagas.

I've seen 0079, 0080, 0083 and the other UC-era series. They're all pretty good, but after a while I understood why people were getting tired of it in Japan back in the day; it was drug out too much and overused. 08th MS Team was another UC-era series, but it wasn't like the others. It was fresh, with better character development and a much better storyline, especially after the flop known as 0083. A testament to how popular it was in Japan was how long it was on the air -- 2 years, and it only has 13 episodes! It didn't get much airplay here in the States compared to DBZ's 5- or 6-year run, but it's so good, and it's sad that this little gem keeps getting shoved under the rug in favor of flashier Gundam series.

My favorite parts weren't the mech battles, they were the moments where the characters were obviously human, then there was the whole Romeo & Juliet thing between Shiro and Aina. The mech designs were very retro in keeping with the time period, but the animation and the coloring was much better given that the series was created in the mid-90s instead of the 80s and early-90s.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

Androidraptor

Androidraptor

Insane Ghinius Fangirl

Yes, people remember it! I don't like the whole Shiro/Ayna thing, though. Too rushed.

Actually it is one of my favorites of the Gundam series besides 0083. It just left wanting to watch each episode. Problem I have not gotten to see the movie that is supposed to go after it. Anyone know where I could find it?

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

I think it is actually the best series in the Gundam universe. It was alot more real that the other series, teh characters were nice and well defined and the story had a definite purpose forward and a good solid ending that many other stories lack. It also showed off all the problems with war and how it always involves more that just the soldiers (for a better perspective on this statement I suggest the Nightwish AMV for 08th MS Team).

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

AirMaster

AirMaster

ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU!!!

I watched it awhile back and the only part I really liked was the battle against Norris' Gouf Custom. The first few eps were good, but like Androidraptor said, Shiro and Aina's relationship was rushed and that made me love the series less. And the last ep...ugh.

Signature
Sig by Vivid-Rein..ph34r them Zakus XP
Check profile for groups :x

NewLondenion

NewLondenion

Chairman of Side 7

I'm with Mnemeth on that 08th MS Team is the best series of all of the Gundam series. Great characters, great plot, the solid ending. The main thing I like about the series is that it realistically depicts mobile suit combat. It's not something that occurs at Mach 5. Mobile suits are big, heavy, and slow on the ground. I also liked how the Federation's underlying desires to eliminate Spacenoids also pops up every now and again.

But I also agree with Androidraptor that the love story could've been a little less rushed. *sigh* Ah well, and least the main character wasn't some hotshot invincible untouchable like Kira Yamato.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.