Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wikiasari: New Search Engine by Wikipedia - Minitokyo

Wikiasari: New Search Engine by Wikipedia

page 1 of 1 13 total items

lunagata

lunagata

Lurking -3-

Well I read about this today on the newspaper (somehow it was open on the Web Category otherwise I wouldn't have read it >_>) and I noticed the title right away: "Wikipedia throwing a Search Engine" -it was in Spanish but it said something like that- anyhow...

Link:
Wikiasari - Wikipedia Founder Launching Search Engine

The article said that the creator of Wikipedia -Jimmy Wales-
criticizes Google's search engine a lot, and decide to make his own "style" search engine
called: "Wikiasari"
"Wiki" as Wales has told just about every interviewer for the past 5 years, means "quick" in Hawaiian
"Asari" meanwhile, means "rummaging search" in Japanese.

---info written above thanks to the Newspaper and the link I gave--

Best of luck to the founder of Wikipedia. It will be interesting to see if Jimmy Wales can create search engine that will surpass Google. I hope he does succeed though. Google is getting to be MS of search engine; omnipotent with no close rival to keep it in its place.

What exactly does this search engine plan to offer over its competitors. Trying to enter the market without some definitive drawcard is pretty foolish.

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

It seems it's gonna be good since wikipedia is such an excellent website!

Thank you Farewell, My Master.
Signature
"It was nice for a while but it's time to say bye"
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

starrliteangel

starrliteangel

Rabi to rabu rabu <3

oh cool. Hawaiian and japanese together!

Signature Image
avatar and sigimg by - kawaii-chicken the greatness

lunagata

lunagata

Lurking -3-

Quote by TSPhoenixWhat exactly does this search engine plan to offer over its competitors. Trying to enter the market without some definitive drawcard is pretty foolish.

Mainly the goal of Jimmy Wales is to become a better and famous search engine than Google
He did said on the article I read on the Newspaper, that the searches are going to be more "human like"
and with less "spammers" since he says Google runs like that.

hmmm... good... Kabura is right... since Wikipedia is such a good encyclopedia, then probably (and hopefully) it will be a good search engine too!

also... since wikipedia already has a reputation then I think it has a chance against google... yeah... wikipedia doesn't have to earn a its reputation and this gives them a great advantage unlike other kinds of search engines...

So basically they want to go head-to-head with Google, just be even less evil. Talk about picking challenges.

Yu-huang

Yu-huang

The Jade Emperor

Quote by TSPhoenixSo basically they want to go head-to-head with Google, just be even less evil. Talk about picking challenges.

Indeed, its seems quite an interesting challenge they picked. I'm wondering how they are planning on making it better than Google since it I can't think of anything seriously wrong with it to decide and make a new search engine.

When Darkness Falls, All is quiet in the Mist of the Night.

Well I still would use Google >.<

Hello!!

black-kat

Scanner

lol yeah I would continue to use google,
I like Wikipedia, but seriuosly can anyone defeat Google?

nejika

nejika

sry not active as i use to be

that was good actually :)
u can't say it's bad or good since the user of internet is increasing faster these days but, yeah...i still like Google btw. I could try Wiki for alternative though :)

Signature
"artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
------->>Currently Inactive

xaeroak15

xaeroak15

The End/Out/Age of infinity

Wiki? is that WIKI?

To simply a search engine is not enough...

It must contains various founction,like translate...

Signature
We are all in the infinite loop...

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.