Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Serious Eureka Seven question *MASSIVE SPOILER* - Minitokyo

Serious Eureka Seven question *MASSIVE SPOILER*

Tagged under Eureka 7

page 1 of 1 10 total items

SHK

The Bunker King

Once again, MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT!

Watched it through three times with my friends, and I still can't figure this out and it's been bugging the hell out of me. How exactly did Col. Dewy fuse with conpac drive? There were only two human form Coralians, Sakuya and Eureka, how could he have managed to do that without failing to cross the zone the same way Norbu and Sakuya did? If there isn't a clear answere to that then there's a major plot hole here. :\

Good question.... i culdnt understand that part too... anybody knows?
im thinkin that he tried to cross the zone a far time ago... whith another coralian girl... remember that sakuya and eureka arnt the unic coralinas... an old man that was living in geko go and i cant remember his name now its a coralian too... take a look at the final... however... i hope to find the answer to this... and if i find it.. ill post it...

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

I also have this doubt after watching the series, but in my personal opinion he have the compac drive cause he was part of the First Summer of Love when Adrock dissapear ( and join the Control Cluster after ) while he try to cross the zone with Eureka.

Remember that the only contacts of the Coralian with the human world are Eureka & Sakuya, Anemone is just a human treated with drugs to have the same skills ( a way of call them ) of a coralian. The old Man on the Gekko-Go is not a contact, just a watcher of the actions of the crew and the humanity in general. So its impossible Dewey have a contact with another Coralian on the past or even have a close encounter with the zone.

K I R A B O S H I !

SHK

The Bunker King

Well I'm going by a fansub here, but I happend to catch the english version of episode 40 on Adult Swim, and the part where Renton, Eureka and Norb are traveling down the long hallway in the shrine of Sakuya, he mentions that the corpses along the passage were saints who fused with compac drives to try to cross the Zone with Sakuya and died in the attempt. The fansub I watched had that translated this line as "tried to fuse with compac drives". That may seem like a small difference, but "tried" impies they couldn't do it at all, but the english translation implies they could manage to fuse with a CD but failed. Perhaps Dewy managed to succeed where they failed, assuming the english translation is more accurate.

That is however, still annoyingly ambiguous for a show that was otherwise so well written. :/ I hate plot holes.

However... i think the only way to get a Compac Drive in the chest is tryn to cross the zone... the question is... when... whith who... why in the serie doesnt explain it clear... Damn... maybe u think im waiting to much... but id like to see a movie of this awesome anime.

SHK

The Bunker King

I totally agree, but often times movies based on series like this are terrible. Take the RahXephon movie for example, it contradicted the series at so many points it was a chore to watch. The only thing I could see working is a sequel, assuming there is some logical reason for the trapar to remain on earth after the scubcoral left, or a prequel. I don't think either are very likly, as the end of the series seemed pretty final.

Perhaps this is one of those mystery anime moments we'll never get the answere to, like what Gendo said to Ritsuko before he killed her in End of Evangelion. XD

i have another question.... why the name "Eureka 7"..... the name Eureka is obvious, but why the 7... is it about the seven waves?...

about the prequel or a sequel... that would be great... id like to see renton & eureka returning home

SHK

The Bunker King

^I believe it refers to the seven swell. Other wise it's just because it sounds cool.

In the Japanese TV broadcast there was a title card at the end of the final episode that was absent from the fasubed version. It's not much, but it's a bit of welcome closure.

Last Frame

I really don't think a sequel is a good idea. We already got a happily ever after. I wouldn't be opposed to a sequel with a whole new set of characters, or a prequel though. I think there's more that can be done with the E7 universe, but this paticular story is complete in my opinion.

Hey People i don't get something either. It was basically the end. Ok so Renton and Eureka fell down from the sky kissing and then black out........1 year later....the kids are with Axel Thurston. Then later it shows that after falling to earth Renton and Eureka is alive, what the hell have they been doing for the past year? Making babies? I mean seriously there is a major problem with the story at this point it's all unclear.

I think they sohould come out eith Eureka Seven 2, like a sequel. Like Renton and Eureka reunites with the kids and then later with the rest of the Gekko. Then they go on a search for the 5 conpast drives that went in different directions at the last season. But in the end it was still pretty cool. I hope engineers can make LFOs in out life time. That'd be really cool. If they can't make LFOs then at least something similar to a lift board, like a hover board to ride the winds. Now that would be cool. If something like this ever happens i bet the awesome Japanese people will come up with it first and sell it on the market. I mean all the cool stuff comes from Japan. Man sorry about this i love to talk alot. LOL

SHK

The Bunker King

Well, I gathered that they met up with everyone on the Gekko, returned to Bellforest, got married (guest list Axel was holding said Renton and Eureka Thurston) left the kids with Axel and went on a trip to get some much needed "alone time". So yeah, I would say "making babies" isn't that far from the truth, if not a bit not lacking in tact. XP :D

Also, I just realized this myself a while ago. This image happenes to be the final DVD cover. I'd seen it before, but I never looked closely at it. It gives you a great deal more closure if you do.

Eureka Seven-Final DVD cover

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.