Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Start of the Universe - Minitokyo

Start of the Universe

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 34 total items

Quote by DarkRoseofHellHere's an idea. Why not just have god present himself... if he is there then we'll know.

You can't deny someone's presence... geez....

Do you honestly believe that such an action would change anything? Because many would claim that he already did, some 2000 years ago. And look at all the speculation and varying theories surrounding the life and legacy of Jesus that we have today. Do you think that today it would be any different? People will choose to believe what they want to believe. That's just human nature.

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

Quote by DarkRoseofHell

Now, if we knew all science, we wouldn't be talking about this would we? If we knew all science, then we would also know if god exists.

well God can't be proven even if scientists find a way to 'observe' antimatter through a microscope
and i have a feeling this thread will turn out to be another great science-religion debate.. maybe im wrong O_o

back to the topic. we can't really know how the universe is created. the big bang theory emerges because they find galaxies are accelerating away therefore it's so called the expansion of the universe. and since it expands there must be a source, which long long time ago must be VERY dense. well its something like that ^^''

another theory by stephen hawkings (i think) is the universe in a black hole theory. The other side of the black hole is a micro-universe, or just like another dimension. dunno im correct or not coz i read these years ago...

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

Thanks for the well intended replies and for not bashing and being stupid like some threads become... here is another idea / question to pose:

Who cares about any of this? Even if God or "Nature" created ALL or NONE or WHATEVER, we can't "know" or completely "prove" anything, it is all just what you trust or don't trust. Proof can be misleading. Just cause a dog barks every time the ice cream truck goes by, does not mean every time the dog barks, that ice cream trucks are near. Causation.... finding evidence and even "replicating" a possible way the universe was made, to me, doesn't prove that is definitively that that is truly how it was made.

- Boojitsu21

Quote: Do you honestly believe that such an action would change anything? Because many would claim that he already did, some 2000 years ago. And look at all the speculation and varying theories surrounding the life and legacy of Jesus that we have today. Do you think that today it would be any different? People will choose to believe what they want to believe. That's just human nature.

Well, there's these questions. Does jesus actually exists? Also, god has never revealed himself so we won't know.

Quote: well God can't be proven even if scientists find a way to 'observe' antimatter through a microscope
and i have a feeling this thread will turn out to be another great science-religion debate.. maybe im wrong O_o

back to the topic. we can't really know how the universe is created. the big bang theory emerges because they find galaxies are accelerating away therefore it's so called the expansion of the universe. and since it expands there must be a source, which long long time ago must be VERY dense. well its something like that ^^''

another theory by stephen hawkings (i think) is the universe in a black hole theory. The other side of the black hole is a micro-universe, or just like another dimension. dunno im correct or not coz i read these years ago...

Okay, if we knew all science, we would know "every" (note that) single reason why this and that happen. If we knew all science, we would know what can cause a creation of the universe. In addition, if we knew all science we would know what's on the otherside of the blackhole... and yes in the science and religion there's always going to be a major debate XD especially these subjects.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

don't forget science is to answer the how, not why.
for me God is the why. others of science is the how

Science is the only way we have to reach the plain of Nature (call it also God)...
We cannot experience anything else thus we cannot SAY anything else.

if the big bang created everything, what was before the big bang? simple. i think it's the big crunch, which occured when the universe's edges, due to gravitational force, slowly retract and accelerate. When all mass is squeezed into a small point, the the big bang occurs all over again.

Cheers. Another year wasted.

I HATE school. it leaves you with no time to chase your own personal goals and ambitions.

The world of science and the world of religious philosophy would surely agree on these two claims:

1) There must me a cause for everything
2) Something can not come from nothing (matter cannot be created or destroyed)

Using these two mutually accepted truths one must acknowledge that there must be a "first cause" resulting in existence as we know it. This is a requirement of our very existence. Therefore the answer must exist outside of the science of the first accepted truth, otherwise it would simply serve to disprove its validity. i.e. accepting that there is no first cause is not accepting that everything requires a cause, which is blatantly false according to seemingly endless observation.

After accepting the need for a first cause, one may ask "what is to say that this first cause is 'God'?" My answer is we can all agree that people are conscious beings, capable of radiating love, beauty, compassion and all other virtuous qualities. These must come from somewhere, as stated in truth 2. They must then be able to be traced back to the first cause, from which everything must have come. It would seem then that this entity must be omnipotent and conscious.

The question of evil, I do not know

Signature Image
------------
[profound statement pending]

Blueheart

Blueheart

Wapy's sister

just like you said, nothing can be created and nothing can be destroyed. that's Lavoisier's law.
That also proves that it always was a God. God didn't have a begining or an end (He is infinite)
God created us using Himself, that's how God knows everything we do, because we are a part of him.

God created the Universe using His own "body". That Proves that everything came from God

Signature
	Image .:Proud Hokage of Naruto:.

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

not necessarily a proof, but an interesting idea.

-Boojitsu21

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 34 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.